Losing My Jihadism - An inspiring read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing My Jihadism - An inspiring read

It is so easy to forget the "others" are just as diverse as the west. This arcticle shows of this diversity in an unexpected manner. It is a complaint against extremism of all forms. It is just good to know there are good, reasonable and peaceful people everywhere.

This is an account of a Saudi extremist from the same religious group (Salafi) as Bin Laden.

I really hope many people will at least glance this man's life-story. The article isn't too long for our 21st-century attention span :).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

Re: Losing My Jihadism - An inspiring read

That is an excellent find! It's reassuring to know that people like that exist, even if they're in the minority. Maybe there is hope, after all.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Re: Losing My Jihadism - An inspiring read

This is a good read, and also a very sad story. He's right - this voice needs an authoritative leader to bring it to the masses.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X