The price of freedom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price of freedom?

I hear alot these days about Pres. Bushes motives in Iraq. I set and wonder how many of those who complain about the war have any real idea what life is like in these countries( Iraq, Iran, South Korea). If you are associated with the leading power then things can be good, but if you are in opposition, You risk death by even speaking. Imagine how life would be if we didn't have the first amendment. If you didn't agree with the current leaders then you were silent. If not you faced imprisionment or worse. I was raised in America,and am of Irish decendancy. My family came here seeking the very freedoms I talk about. One thing that I have been give through this heratige is a great love of this country and more so the freedom it gives to all.
    I would like to know what every one thinks is the price of freedom. Who diserves it and who doesn't and why you think that we can turn our backs and let others live in fear?

Re: The price of freedom?

Everyone lives in fear and there's no such thing as freedom. You fear you'll lose your job or house, different from fear of loosing your life but still fear. Perhpas you should read the history books to see how much 'freedom' has been given? I suggest you also read the thread 'The WMD issue' and 'Farenheit 911' for a discussion on the war :)
    Jex.

Comment

you are actually telling him to read farenhiet 911 :icon_roll you got a problem,

i agree withj you here news, and if you want my advise the comment above is both short sighted and ill in formed, you see people who comment the most are those that have the least knowlege of what opression really is. he says you fear loosing your job, really i dont i work with pakies and i call them gandu's and they call me Gora,

you only fear loosing your job because you choose too, you see the thing about our countries is we have courts that will help us out if we are being opressed. those other people dont. but hey out of sight out of mind hey jex.

btw dont evej bother blaiming bush for the inteligence faliure, it was UK US German French and the UN inspectors + a few other countries who contributed to the evidence for war.

But ofcourse you will blaim bush

and farenhiet 9/11 is not a documentary it is fiction and should not be removed from that label, it offers nothing else but a campaign of deciet against president bush, and is the reason Jex told you to look at it.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

[QUOTE=jex]Everyone lives in fear and there's no such thing as freedom. You fear you'll lose your job or house, different from fear of loosing your life but still fear. Perhpas you should read the history books to see how much 'freedom' has been given.

I have read the "history books" and I have read the constitution. Have you? The fear you speak of is short sighted and caused by your own disicions. I may not be getting rich in my job (truck driver), but I don't fear losing it. There are pleanty of trucking jobs out there. Which was part of the reason I started driving a truck to begin with. As for losing your home and other possetions it is our overall personal debt that causes those fears and what has weakened unions as well. I would love to be able to take alot of the American peopleon a tour of these countries. I think you would change your mind about freedom. Your fears would seem small and self centered. The most importiant freedom we have is seen right here in these forums, The Freadom of Speach.
        1st Amendment:
        "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Comment

precisely the reason you are in debt or people get in debt is because they want everything all of the time. it is a luxuary we have in our countries. as for loosing our jobs the courts will back you up for wrongful dismissal if it was other than that if you get fired justified then thats your deciision.

if you were a poet and didnt agree with government you could write a poem about the system, in iraq and other opressive areas you could write it and then be killed because they dont want you to write it.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

How about an experiment on freedom?

Make a little sign that says "Blair is a murdering liar!" and walk around London with it.

Now fly to Tehran. Make a little sign that says "Ali Khamenei is a murdering lair!" and stroll around town with it.

Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
              How about an experiment on freedom?

Make a little sign that says "Blair is a murdering liar!" and walk around London with it.

Now fly to Tehran. Make a little sign that says "Ali Khamenei is a murdering lair!" and stroll around town with it.

Duck!

well i might beat someone up who has this sign in london. but then id be arrested.

i agree with you totally, that is freedom and people who dont recognise that are blinded by their own self pitty.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Interesting that a person who can't see the difference between losing one's house or job and watching your child's torture and gang-rape because you griped about the country's leader to a "friend" is the one who's suggesting that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Lord save us from smart liberals who know what's best for us!

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                  you are actually telling him to read farenhiet 911 :icon_roll you got a problem,

and farenhiet 9/11 is not a documentary it is fiction and should not be removed from that label, it offers nothing else but a campaign of deciet against president bush, and is the reason Jex told you to look at it.
                  Since he didn't use the word "threads", I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he said watch F9/11, but rather read both threads, "WMD Issue" and "F9/11".

Comment

Pity the Jex who stumbled into this obvious setup. You've all done an admirable job of berating him.
                    [volun]

Comment

Cry me a river. I never set him up. He's been shooting his mouth off about how pot can save the planet and how stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote, and now compares worrying about a job to the oppression folks in different parts of the world endure. You of all people should loath that behavior with your understanding of the Palestinians' squallor.

I have no personal beef with Jex - he's a good stick and a nice guy on TS, but these positions are untenable and no-one's held a gun to his head forcing him to write these things. Set up?

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
                        Pity the Jex who stumbled into this obvious setup. You've all done an admirable job of berating him.

YES OFFER SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE OTHERWISE DONT BOTHER, THERE WAS NO SET UP HERE AND YOU KNOW IT.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Back to the discussion at hand...and it's not whether one likes or dislikes Jex's opinions...

cool the mean-spirited jabbing..... :icon13: :icon23:

Comment

since I started the thread I must reply to the coments of a set up! I do not know Jex there for I had no intrest in setting him up. It seems though that his opinions are far left of the views of all the other posts. Which thank liberty is tolerable here. The same freedom he uses to defend his opinion is that wich the rest of us seem to want to spead. I for one will never be satisfied till all people regardless of thier race, creed, color, or which "country they live in have the same rights of free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                              Back to the discussion at hand...and it's not whether one likes or dislikes Jex's opinions...

cool the mean-spirited jabbing..... :icon13: :icon23:
                              Don't censor me! WAAAAAA

:)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...