Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Patton speech on Iraq/Modern war..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Patton speech on Iraq/Modern war..

Its great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ

Re: Updated Patton speech on Iraq/Modern war..

Hah, that's awesome. Far too many good lines to quote, needless to say that many people could stand to learn from it.
    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

It feels and sounds like a Sean Hannity stream-of-consciousness rant.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
      [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
      Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by Diceman View Post
        It feels and sounds like a Sean Hannity stream-of-consciousness rant.
        Didn't sound that ignorant and/or inconsistent to me...

-Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

IMHO, all the elements that were changed in this new version were simply old, tired neo-con talking points (cannot afford to wait for the fight to come to us) and name-calling (anyone who thinks differently should spend more time on the history channel and less time in the chat rooms).

Moreover, I strongly disagree with the overall argument of the video and not for pacifist or other "liberal" reasons. It strikes me as another example of someone applying world war 2 logic to a 4th generational conflict; how fitting then that they chose to use a dramatization of a World War 2 speech to make their point.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
          [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
          Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Bleh, turned it off after about a minute and a half. Sounded like Bill Cosby was doing the reading, kept waiting for him to say something about Jell-O Pudding. In any case, I don't think Patton's attitude applies well to the situation at hand today.

Or, perhaps maybe it does, seeing as how he wanted to basically go to war with Russia as soon as Germany was done for.
            [squadl]
            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I have my doubts about whether Patton would have liked to see the US invade and occupy Iraq.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I liked it, the best parts were at the second half of it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X