M. Vick and the NAACP...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M. Vick and the NAACP...

I found it so ironic how the NAACP was/is showing support for M. Vick (a black man, QB for the Falcons, accused of dog fighting) and telling everyone that he is innocent till proven guilty and we should all remember that...
    (and I do agree with that, innocent till proven guilty.)

BUT, if a cop (white or black) gets a complaint, or shown on video placing a suspect on the hood of a car a little rough, or even striking someone over and over... the cop is immediately guilty, should be fired and sent to prison, they (the NAACP) march and protest the very next day... sounds like a double standard to me.

And then 99% of the time the cop was justified or correct, and cleared, so they march and protest again... I wonder, when Vick is found guilty will they except it or protest for his release...

It's all sick... and those organizations along with the many smaller local ones are more of the problem then the solution... It would be one thing if they said "yep, the cop was justified on that one, were staying out"... but to paint every incident as police brutality and a cover up, and never once admit they (the NAACP) was wrong or jumped to conclusions...

They actually do more damage to there self with that attitude and constant response, because rarely are they taken seriously except by people in politics who have something to gain.

OK, done venting. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: M. Vick and the NAACP...

magnum i have felt the same thing. hypocrites all of them. Remember the duke la cross case. NAACP out right said and released editorials about how the 3 WHITE boys where guilty for raping a BLACK girl. Even after all the evidence was released and all the charges where dropped they still stood by their points and still say those boys are guilty.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton only come out in the news when there is a racial issue. They both preach that race should be forgetten and we are one race, but both are quicker then anyone to throw that race card on every single issue.

+rep
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

The NAACP does not get involved in every single case of claimed police brutality, and to paint the organization with such a broad critique is inaccurate. If you have a specific comparison to make with their mild defense of Vick and some other case where they vilified an accused cop, do so.

If you can't be specific in your arguments then this thread is little more than NAACP bashing without detail or reason.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
        The NAACP does not get involved in every single case of claimed police brutality, and to paint the organization with such a broad critique is inaccurate. If you have a specific comparison to make with their mild defense of Vick and some other case where they vilified an accused cop, do so.

If you can't be specific in your arguments then this thread is little more than NAACP bashing without detail or reason.
        I think since magnum is a cop himself he is able to make those critiques. NAACP does have a long history of backing the black defendant on his claims and then when he is wrong they don't ever issue an apology to the cops involved. Instead those cops are labeled racist and what not.

I dont see this as anymore of a bashing thread then any of the bush threads that are or have been going.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Thx you Trooper... he don't like the subject matter so he thinks it shouldn't be here... now if I had agreed with the NAACP, Steeler would be "ya you said magnum, damn pigs there all corrupt, NAACP rules". lol

I have plenty of evidence but what, to make an opinion post here I have to scan in and post documents and articles and stuff to prove my point, even then... most likely you would call it false or made up, If anyone actually agrees that what the NAACP does is fair and just there either stupid or blind, maybe both... ya right.

I fully agree that some, a small minority, of cops are bad and need and deserve the treatment organizations like the NAACP do/give... I'm willing to look at it from different angles... Are you? Are you willing to have a open mind and admit that the NAACP is just as prejudice as the KKK in there hay day was/is... or do you prefer to keep your head in the sand and believe just what you want.

BTW... The Sandbox is a forum for politic and real world discussions right? Did we change it... how pathetic to even say I can't post my opinion here.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

In reading the MSNBC article interviewing the president of the Atlanta NAACP, their support is lukewarm at best. Alston is quick to own up to past mistakes by the NAACP with regards to accusations (read: Duke lacrosse) as well as the fact that the only reason he's doing this is because his constituency wants him to say something.

Draw comparisons if you want, but I think this has little to do with the NAACP itself, and more to do with the voice and perceptions (right or wrong) of the Atlanta black population. The NAACP is just the de facto mouthpiece, and the interview reads that even though they'd rather not be part of the discussion, they are by virtue of their mission and duties.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

NAACP doesn't care about the constitution. They only care about the contributions they get.

They fired a black attorney for representing a member of the KKK.

http://simr02.si.ehu.es/FileRoom/doc...89griffin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                Thx you Trooper... he don't like the subject matter so he thinks it shouldn't be here... now if I had agreed with the NAACP, Steeler would be "ya you said magnum, damn pigs there all corrupt, NAACP rules". lol
                To quote one of the masters: "Eeeeh, he don't know me very well, do he?"

I have plenty of evidence but what, to make an opinion post here I have to scan in and post documents and articles and stuff to prove my point, even then... most likely you would call it false or made up, If anyone actually agrees that what the NAACP does is fair and just there either stupid or blind, maybe both... ya right.
                You don't have to do anything you don't want to do on this forum, I'm just pointing out that your critique is weakly argued. You can take that as a request for more detail or as an insult if you like. I can't, nor would I want to control your response.

I fully agree that some, a small minority, of cops are bad and need and deserve the treatment organizations like the NAACP do/give... I'm willing to look at it from different angles... Are you? Are you willing to have a open mind and admit that the NAACP is just as prejudice as the KKK in there hay day was/is... or do you prefer to keep your head in the sand and believe just what you want.
                I am willing to look at it from different angles, but if you want me to do so, you'll have to try harder at presenting your argument rather than just stating your opinion without fact or reasoning.

BTW... The Sandbox is a forum for politic and real world discussions right? Did we change it... how pathetic to even say I can't post my opinion here.
                I never said you couldn't post your opinion. I just think it's wrong and poorly argued.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  Are you? Are you willing to have a open mind and admit that the NAACP is just as prejudice as the KKK in there hay day was/is... or do you prefer to keep your head in the sand and believe just what you want.
                  While I do agree with the basic premise of your post (the NAACP is a racist organization that does nothing more than set race relations back with its constant pulling of the race card no matter the event), this statement is simply absurd. I've never heard of a lynching carried out by the NAACP, never heard of a church bombing that they were responsible for. The NAACP has never turned dogs and fire hoses on innocent protesters. As repulsive as I often find the organization, to even suggest that it is on the same level as the KKK is completely bonkers.

A far more apt comparison in my opinion would be the modern Religious Right. I would consider both to be hate groups who spit disgustingly vitriolic rhetoric at every possible opportunity but both are generally nonviolent.
                  Last edited by Buckets; 08-02-2007, 11:06 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, did you guys see that story about NAACP members lynching white people for having sex with black women?

Me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by xanathemax View Post
                      Hey, did you guys see that story about NAACP members lynching white people for having sex with black women?

Me neither.

If you cant contribute to a thread in the sandbox dont post.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        If you cant contribute to a thread in the sandbox dont post.
                        It's sarcasm, but it's contributing, Trooper. It's calling out the NAACP/KKK relation made earlier in the thread. It's not new (Buckets said it first) but it's a point, and putting down the messenger and not the message is not the way to prove your point.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

The statement made by magnum and the KKK being compared to NAACP refers to the lack of prejudice in how they did things. They seen the color of skin and took action. Seems today that if some white middle aged man does something remotely wrong to any body its considered racism and that person is splashed all over the news.

One can only take so much of it, especially in the profession that magnum is in. Cops are over scrutinized and under thanked. I would like to change one thing about my statements earlier, Al Sharpton really has no affiliation with the NAACP he has his own organization that is usually the one jumping to conclusions. The Al Sharpton Network. Ive noticed that organization to be alot worse at over stepping facts and news.

Yes that KKK/NAACP comparison is extreme but it did get the point across.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

OK OK... I admit it was an extreme comparison, but as Trooper said, the purpose of the comparison was ideas of the organizations and thinking of the members, (which is the exact same, but in a different time and place)...

Theres a big difference because of time, there is still a KKK but you don't see them lynching blacks anymore, because theres consequences now, there wasn't back then for that stuff...

Now don't get me wrong people, I'm not arguing that still to this day things are unfair, or that there is no prejudice, I know there is, I see it on both sides... my point is, instead of the majority of the NAACP members and other organizations like them working to bridge the gap and bring races together, it's all about blacks being unfairly treated or victimize, even when there not... the point of the initial thread is that the NAACP is quick to defend and protest M. Vicks innocents, but if it was a white QB, would they be doing it, and the true comparison is them defending M. Vick and saying, don't judge him till he has a trial, but I've seen the NAACP judge and convict fellow police officers, even locally here, the very next day after a incident... good cops that do there job, then get sacked by the NAACP...

ie: My LT. now retired, about 5 years ago... been a Naples cop for 25 years, never a complaint or anything negative against him, (a little to much of a goodie goodie I thought, lol)...

We get a call to shots fired in the black neighborhood, he's first on scene, sees a black male standing in a crowd of about 50 young folks, shooting in the air, (scaring away another group that was threatening him), the LT. arrives, older blacks in the neighborhood tell him "he's shooting people over there"... he runs TO THE SHOTS FIRED alone, without back up yet, the black male sees him and starts running, as he's running he turns slightly around extends the gun to shot at the LT. the LT. stops, kneels and fires one shot to the right lower back... the black male jumps a fence then drops and dies... we get there and theres a riot, the LT is over the black males body trying to give him medical aid, while a crowd is forming and some hitting the LT on the back...we arrive, form a circle around the Lt. and the suspect, pushing people back... the crowd swells to near 200, the County is called to assist us (we only have around 8 on at night), they arrive in the 50's... we secure the area... quite it down... and it ends.

of course the LT. is relieved of duty, gun taken away, and sent home alone.. (which happens after every shooting here, which is wrong...the officer has to come to grip with killing someone, but yet the department suspends them and sends them home till an investigation is over, whats that tell an officer)

anyway... within 48 hours theres marching and protesting in the streets, 100's every night... NAACP, the PUSH, and local activist groups... were fighting and arresting protesters every night because they go to far...roit police are on standby in a near by parking lot, and called in once in a while when needed... this goes on for about a month demanding charges, firing etc etc of the LT...

to conclude the story, it eventually quites down, but the city is forced to start a civilian police review board, and promises a million plus to be invested in the area...etc ect ... the protest turned away from the shooting to the police being out of control and the area not having enough nice stuff...sick...

the LT is out for 6 MONTHS... a grand jury listens to everyone, the other young blacks who hate the police also say that the Lt. just shot him, that he never had a gun, (it was found and recovered that night), none of the seniors in that area who saw and stated :he's shotting people over there" are willing to testify... the police tell what they saw and the LT is cleared, and the protest and marching start again for another month or so... a cover up...

ya, this LT spent 25 years as a Naples cop all to finally get to shoot a black man in the back... the LT was never the same, was never allowed even after being cleared to go into the black neighborhood, he ended up retiring.

and this happens alot in every city across America... very sad... you want to do something, support the police that are right, punish the ones that are wrong, and tell your NAACP to bridge the gap between races, not continue to divide it.

there I'm done. ;)
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

As a side note, not to be taken seriously...

What else does Sharpton have to run on for presidential elections?

Louis Theroux of the BBC did a GREAT Documentary about black supremicists. From the more moderate Sharptons to the very extreme Black Panthers. It's on youtube.

Racism is a double edged sword. If a black cop beat a white guy to death on the side of the road, I bet the news would just "call it even" with Rodney King.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X