My "SOE bites" rant..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "SOE bites" rant..

Okay, so I'm playing a trial account of SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) just to see what all has changed in the 2+ years that I've been away. Suffice it to say, a LOT has changed. But that's not my rant. My rant is as follows:

My husband has a 2+ years old character that he reactivated to play with me and transferred me 15mil credits from that account. Niiiice, right?

Here's the kicker:

AFTER we trade the credits, a little popup box comes up and says "We're sorry, but trial account players may only hold up to 500,000 credits. For more credits, try the full version of SWG!" Then the box goes away, and so does the 14.5mil. Off into cyberspace. Hubby doesn't have them. I don't have them. You know who has them? SOE. So I talk to cust. service for a few days, back and forth on their message board thing.

They finally tell me that since I have now upgraded to the full version and therefore "deleted" my trial character, that there's nothing they can do. Aaaargh! Okay, I know it's not like life-threatening or anything, but it's still a pisser.

/rant
    I heart TG.
    xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Re: My "SOE bites" rant..

Star Wars Galaxies used to be a great game, but like with any other game SOE manages, it turns to garbage. Hopefully the next Star Wars MMORPG isn't run by SOE, otherwise I probably wont even bother with it.

Comment

Simple solution. Play moar EvE.

---

Comment

For its time, it was probably awesome. While I am a HUGE SWG fan, I can say I'd probably not enjoy the game.
        Skud

Comment

*update* After being "elevated to a higher dept. within customer service" they looked back through the trade records and were able to find the transaction. Now all I have to do is get hubby to create the ticket on his account and we should get the creds back.

Yeah.. I second the sentiments above. I'm ready for a new mmo .. something cooler. :D When's Conan, already?
          I heart TG.
          xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
            *update* After being "elevated to a higher dept. within customer service" they looked back through the trade records and were able to find the transaction. Now all I have to do is get hubby to create the ticket on his account and we should get the creds back.

Yeah.. I second the sentiments above. I'm ready for a new mmo .. something cooler. :D When's Conan, already?
            '

GIve eve a try. The TG forums have a 14 day trial you can do. And we would gladly help you guys out where we can. Another to look at is pirates of the burning seas, i think thats it.

We need more girls in eve......and stay away from wow please!
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

WRU Warhammer Online?

Comment

Originally posted by Relmar View Post
                WRU Warhammer Online?
                EA is almost as bad as SOE when it comes to MMOs. I hold no hope that Warhammer will be any different. They destroyed Ultima Online, and are well on the way to doing the same to DAoC after they bought Mythic and promptly started firing people, in true EA fashion.

I played SWG for a long time, even through NGE, which I actually didn't find all that bad. I cancelled recently due to all the changes they've begun to make to the combat system (again) that nerfs any class save Jedi. I could play Kotor or Jedi Academy if I wanted to be a Jedi. Vanguard has many of the same bugs that SWG *still* has, and I doubt it will get any better now that SOE has bought Sigil.

Conan, on the other hand, I will be giving a try. I've read the Savage Sword comics since I was knee high to a grasshopper. The Firefly MMO is just over the horizon too, it'll get my money just on principle. The Stargate MMO is shaping up rather nicely as well. I've heard mixed reviews about LOTR:O, but I have yet to try it myself.

Comment

FIREFLY MMO?!?! LINKY NOW!

also is there pvp. if not don't bother linking :p. Warhammer is actually looking fairly interesting though.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin View Post
                    FIREFLY MMO?!?! LINKY NOW!

also is there pvp. if not don't bother linking :p. Warhammer is actually looking fairly interesting though.
                    I'm not sure if there will be any PvP, as the game is still currently under development, but the outcry for different factions is pretty loud, so I'd keep my hopes up about there being some kind of PvP aspect to the game. With all the different factions in the 'Verse, it would be fairly easy to impliment. All I can say is keep your eyes peeled for news as it becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
                      I'm ready for a new mmo .. something cooler. :D When's Conan, already?
                      Check out my thread in General Discussion!!! Both you and your husband can play.
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Re: My &quot;SOE bites&quot; rant..

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                        Check out my thread in General Discussion!!! Both you and your husband can play.
                        Do it.

I've given LOTR:O a try over the past week, and it is an amazing game. Landscapes are beautifully done, Combat is simple and smooth, plenty of character choices to keep you busy for a while.

My one complaint is the UI. Since my monitor can only go to 1280x1024 some elements of the UI are far too large and start to clutter areas of the screen. I recommend getting a custom skin for the UI if you can't run it at higher resolutions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X