The Kerry Foreign Policy team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kerry Foreign Policy team

First Joe Wilson's exposed as...well let's just say the Senate's IC report claims that some of his statements have been inaccurate, and now Sandy Berger admits to shoving classified documents in his pants?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...954EDT0705.DTL

President Clinton's national security adviser, Sandy Berger, is the focus of a Justice Department investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from a secure reading room during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings, The Associated Press has learned.

Berger's home and office were searched earlier this year by FBI agents armed with warrants after he voluntarily returned documents to the National Archives. However, still missing are some drafts of a sensitive after-action report on the Clinton administration's handling of al-Qaida terror threats during the December 1999 millennium celebration.

Berger and his lawyer said Monday night he knowingly removed handwritten notes he had made while reading classified anti-terror documents at the archives by sticking them in his jacket and pants. He also inadvertently took copies of actual classified documents in a leather portfolio, they said.

etc.

Re: The Kerry Foreign Policy team

More:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...rity_berger_dc

Comment

Wait wait... his lawyers and he admitted to inadvertently taking the papers, not to stuffing them in his pants and jacket.

Did I read it wrong, or something?

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
        Wait wait... his lawyers and he admitted to inadvertently taking the papers, not to stuffing them in his pants and jacket.

Did I read it wrong, or something?
        Nope, you read it right, he's claiming that he "accidentally" stuffed super secret documents in his socks and pants...

C'mon, happens to me all the time... I get home from work and find that a memo fell into my left sock earlier in the day. Annoying sometimes, but what can you do?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

And more: http://www.news-leader.com/today/072...ft-138802.html

Guards were convinced to violate their own rules by stepping out of the secure room as he looked over documents and allegedly stashed some in his clothing, sources said.

"He was supposed to be monitored at all times but kept asking the monitor to leave so he could make private calls," a senior law enforcement source told the Daily News.

Berger also took "lots of bathroom breaks" that aroused some suspicion, the source added. It is standard procedure to constantly monitor anyone with a security clearance who examines the type of code-word classified files stored in the underground archives vault.

The same archives monitors told the FBI Berger was observed stuffing his socks with handwritten notes about files he reviewed that were going to the Sept. 11 panel. It is prohibited to make notes about the secret files and leave with them without special approval.

Comment

Oh my: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jul21.html

At one point an Archives employee even handed Berger a coded draft and asked whether he was sure he had seen it.

At the end of the day, Archives employees determined that that draft and all four or five other versions of the millennium memo had disappeared from the files, this source said.

Comment

Ah some good news:

Brokaw: "Did you know that [Berger] was under investigation?"
              Kerry: "I didn't have a clue, not a clue."
              Brokaw: "He didn't share that with you?
              Kerry: "I didn't have a clue."

Comment

TOO FUNNY
                http://www.cruiseawi.com/this_land_mov.swf

Comment

very nice wickerman
                  If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
                  -Murphy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X