to all comic fans..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to all comic fans..

If you're a fan of comics, especially X-Men, then I totally suggest picking up "Astonishing X-Men" (numbers 1 and 2 are out now).

Now now, before you say "wtf! another god damn X-title". Let me just say, this isnt your ordinary X-Title... its better, much better. Its written by one of the best story tellers ever, Joss Whedon (shame on those who dont know who he is) and drawn by John Cassaday (with out a doubt one of the best artists ever). Whedon takes the X-Men back to a time when they were actually superheroes and not some stupid soap opera. Back to when Wolverine used to kill people. Speaking of which, the story doesnt revolve around Wolverine. In fact Whedon has taken another character, a character who is probably one of the best characters in all of the X-universe and made her a focal point of the story.

Another great part is, he didnt take an old story line, or even old villains and just recycled some garbage. He wrote an entirerly new story, with a new villain... a bad ass villain.

If you are a fan of Buffy (or even Angel) and are a fan of comics, go get Astonishing X-Men numbers 1 and 2. You can probably still find them for cover price, but even if you pay a little more for number 1, its well worth it.

Re: to all comic fans..

Originally posted by _Ender_
    If you are a fan of Buffy (or even Angel)
    I was all set to go look for a comic book store until I got to this part of your post... :icon23:
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
      Cing the world is going to end because we are just agreeing too much lately. I was going to post the exact same thing.
      The only thing those TV shows are good for is rotting the young minds of America and finding good looking young ladies to pose for Maxim and Stuff...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You say that like it's a bad thing, Cing!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          I was all set to go look for a comic book store until I got to this part of your post... :icon23:
          More along the lines of the writting, not the shows themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
            More along the lines of the writting, not the shows themselves.
            Now here I have to agree with Ender. The basic plots were silly and some of the characters thoroughly annoying, but some of the dialogue was really amusing and the characters were completely consistent. At least, from the first two or three season of Buffy that I saw on reruns one summer. I've never watched Angel.

I think a better Whedon example would be Firefly. He's also credited as part of the writing team for Toy Story.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X