Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with all these cop killings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with all these cop killings?

Man, I am in shock this year on the number of fellow officers killed in the line of duty... what the hell is going on with society lately...

I get a e-mail notice every time a officer is killed in the line of duty... on a normal year we average about one officer death every 3 days...while still too many... this year we are averaging just over one a day...very sad...

Three were killed just yesterday, including one near here, (we got word the killer was en-route to Naples on a Greyhound bus... we locked that bus terminal down and checked them all...no luck thou...

Sad time for law enforcement and there familes...

http://www.odmp.org/index.php
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Whats the deal with all these cop killings?

My prayers will be along side with others for the lives lost in the line of duty. Truly, death has become all to fimiliar in modern society. People have lost the apreciation for the miracle of life.
    AKA
    USMCSierraJuan
    Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

I think in these times, officers should be given more then just a handgun, and should be allowed to use force more quicker then after they are already shot at.

Comment

I give the Border Patrol and our sheriff's deputies in the border counties one year before they simply walk off the job and say, "Screw it."

pfunk
        "Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21 (NIV)

It took God six days to create the Earth. The Corps of Engineers have been putting the finishing touches on it ever since.

Comment

I think our society is nearing boiling point. It's very much an "Us vs. Them" mentality in most of our major urban ghettos around the country. Even in our smaller ghettos things are beginning to get out of control. This year already we had a young cop killed in the line of duty...good guy too. Not your average cop. It's very unfortunate that the good ones are usually the first to go.
          | | |

Comment

Originally posted by =MAXx= View Post
            My prayers will be along side with others for the lives lost in the line of duty. Truly, death has become all to fimiliar in modern society. People have lost the apreciation for the miracle of life.
            When you consider history and periods like the "Dark Ages," it's clear that life has never been appreciated all too much by society as a whole. People with power tend to see people as expendable resources. It's only the poor who fight to keep what they've got. And sometimes they fight to take what they don't have. It's unfortunate, but this has been life for centuries and centuries. You'd think in our "civilized" age of "enlightenement" we'd be ready to move past that...but all it takes is a glance at your local news to know we're nowhere near that point.
            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by PFunk View Post
              I give the Border Patrol and our sheriff's deputies in the border counties one year before they simply walk off the job and say, "Screw it."

pfunk
              Well...when you're punished for doing your job, what can the federal government really expect them to do but quit?
              | | |

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about that. That's why it personally offends me and ticks me off when rappers say horrible things about cops and what they'd like to do to them, and these punks become successful and rich off this garbage.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

OK, 2 new e-mails...thats 5 officers killed yesterday... ONE DAY!
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                    I'm so sorry to hear about that. That's why it personally offends me and ticks me off when rappers say horrible things about cops and what they'd like to do to them, and these punks become successful and rich off this garbage.
                    I rip farts that sound better than that garbage. IMO.
                    AKA
                    USMCSierraJuan
                    Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

It's not the fault of the rapper, they're just making money off anger that has long existed amongst minorities and poor people long before rap music ever hit the scene. Music that inspires people to revolt has been going on in our country since at least the vietnam war era that I can recall. Anyone remember Kent State? I'm sure it was around long before Vietnam as well, just never so mainstream.

These feelings are not completely unfounded. It's just unfortunate that a few bad apples in law enforcement have spoiled the whole damn bunch.
                      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by PFunk View Post

pfunk
                        Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                        Well...when you're punished for doing your job, what can the federal government really expect them to do but quit?
                        I was just going to bring that up, along with the Billy Anders case, or the Gilmer Hernandez case.. When US Attorneys and District Attorneys are putting cops in prison for shooting bad guys in the line of duty, well, there are going to be a lot more dead cops for as long as the cops are afraid to do what needs to be done in those type of situations. A moments hesitation while a cop ponders whether or not it's worse to spend decades in prison, locked up with the very people that he put there, or, well, the other 'or' doesn't matter, because that moment's hesitation is all it takes to end a cop's life.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Crime is up just about everywhere. Especially violent crime. I heard a story on the radio the other day that the common causes are not present this time around. Poverty has not increased markedly. Unemployment is pretty low. The economy is not bad. Drug use has not spiked.

Some blame the malaise over the war. I think that is going to far. But I don't know what else it could be.

I have a gut feeling that Atomic Dog has it right. A "us vs them" mentality is taking hold of many. The "if you are not with us you are against us, so we will kill you" type thing.
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I believe, that though poverty hasn't increased much, those who are poor have been for far too long and I think this has a lot to do with the growing violence problem in our nation. If the government cannot step in and do something to bring wealth into our poorest neighborhoods then this problem is only going to get worse and worse I fear. And as a result, more innocent lives will be lost to it. It's a shame that this could ever happen when their are those in our nation who's wealth measures into the billions.
                            | | |

Comment

Crime is down, and arrest are up.
                              http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/cv2.htm

The reason more cops are getting killed is because the police work has gotten better and they are getting closer to perpetrators more often.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X