X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential athletics

Compare and contrast:
    http://washingtontimes.com/national/...3652-7782r.htm
    BOSTON - John Kerry bounced the ceremonial first pitch during last night's Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park, but he said he was just going easy on the National Guard soldier and Iraq war veteran standing in as catcher.

"I held back," Mr. Kerry told reporters early this morning, on the plane ride after the game. "He was very nervous. I tried to lob it gently." ....... Mr. Kerry's explanation of his imperfect throw was reminiscent of his comment after his topple while snowboarding on the ski slopes this winter.

"I don't fall down," Mr. Kerry told reporters, blaming a Secret Service agent for that tumble.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html
    Bush offered a glimpse of his new pastime to an Associated Press reporter Monday, roaming the dirt roads and far-flung pastures of his 1,600-acre ranch. About halfway through, he sailed over the handlebars during a dangerous descent, but dusted himself off, picked up his $3,100 bicycle and kept riding..... On May 22, he lost traction on a dirt road, scraping his chin, upper lip, nose, right hand and both knees. The next day, a Secret Service agent riding behind him slammed onto the ground at high speed on a paved section, breaking his collarbone and three ribs.....In the minutes before Monday's crash, he warned his riding party of a sharp drop and a hard left turn ahead. "I'm gonna show you a hill that would choke a mule," he said....."We've got thrills, spills -- you name it," he said.

Interesting how you find out about a person's character in the most peculiar of ways...

Re: Presidential athletics

Nobody else found this interesting? I think it's an amazing show of character. Granted we can't judge either of them based solely on these two incidents, but it is something to keep in mind when pondering some of their other decisions...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I would prefer a candidate that laughs at his own miscues than blames others/makes excuses..

By the way Cing, I thought of this earlier when the Kerry snowboarding incident happened and the Bush tumbled. I thought it was interesting but didn't have anything to add until you mentioned the lack of responses :icon16:

Comment

Ditto. I already think Kerry is spineless and lacked character and have said so. I didn't see any reason to post yet again. YOU MADE ME CING!!! YOU MADE ME! :)

Comment

Yes I found this interesting but I thought informationless posts that just agreed were discouraged. :) Besides "Right on" is less than 10 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Geisha
            I thought informationless posts that just agreed were discouraged. :)
            I treat the forums like a conversation. If I would laugh in real life, or agree with a quick nod of the head in a face-to-face conversation, I note it in the forums. If that creates problems for people, then I'm a problem, I guess. :/
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X