Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did our troops resort to "throwing" ammo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did our troops resort to "throwing" ammo?

laughing uncontrollably....catches breath......laughing uncontrollably :D

EDIT:

An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City. At least 175 people were slaughtered on Tuesday and more than 200 wounded when four suicide truck bombs targeted people from an ancient religious sect in northern Iraq, officials said.(AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)
    Last edited by JMJ; 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM.

Re: When did our troops resort to "throwing" ammo?

There must be some sort of miscommunication there. However, all the same....

*starts laughing uncontrollably*

-Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I guess their M16 jammed and to not get behind on their killing innocent civilian quota, they decided to just throw the bullets at her and give it their best effort.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

They need to put this into PR mod:). There were plenty of times where I wanted to throw something back at the civies;)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

The link, she's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
            The link, she's broken.
            Damn, that's a bummer. I'll check through my cache and see if the image is still there. Basically, the Iraqi woman was holding two unfired .223 rounds saying they were shot into her house ;)

Comment

Nice! Probably explains why the pic isn't there any more: doesn't fit with the agenda.

Edit: sweet I see you've updated your original post. That rocks.

Comment

Holy crap, this is classic already!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                  Nice! Probably explains why the pic isn't there any more: doesn't fit with the agenda.

Edit: sweet I see you've updated your original post. That rocks.
                  And there I was thinking the press had really just had a miscommunication...what does it take to get people to admit errors nowadays?

You CAN'T REMOVE something from the Internet without getting MORE scandal! I swear, there is an inverse equation here waiting to be written to accompany Godwin's law.

-Zephyr
                  You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

Shows how gullible the media is. Either that or just how sadly misinformed are society is.
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I just can't help but be puzzled as to how a photographer in the middle of that warzone doesn't know what a bullet casing looks like.

That or our press is adding captions to stories without really listening to the actual story on the ground.

Both possibilities don't bode particularly well for this war..

-Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Maybe the bullets DID hit her house... and she packed some powder into a casing and stuck the bullet back in (after remaking the shape in her soup bowl). If so, that's quite a grudge she's got.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: When did our troops resort to &quot;throwing&quot; ammo?

I saw a follow up to this photo today mocking the AFP fo rthe photo. Make sure you watch the video, it is good for a laugh and a lesson....:row__523:

Link
                          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The liberal media doesn't like guns so they don't want to know the first thing about them.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That's really nice. She probably got those out of one of those ammo bags that the support guys are always throwing on the ground.
                              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X