Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, politics and religion are hot topics........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, politics and religion are hot topics........

ever notice a feel good, no use thread like the five words thread never lasts around here anymore? the five word thread, lost to history, was the most popular thread ever at TG. now the only ones to get past 5 pages are about God or why Michael Moore needs to die.

so, in an attempt to lower the heat in this forum, lets talk about something, ANYTHING, other than politics or religion. watch, this wont get to page 2, but I'll at least prove my point.

to start off, What are everyones plans before the back to school blues? any vacations or projects? whos building a computer or rebuilding a classic car? whats your most embarrassing moment EVER? tell us your dream and we all get one post to analyze your freakin head. lets start a story but only tell one sentence at a time.

those are all pretty good thread starters.........

ready? GO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: Well, politics and religion are hot topics........

Originally posted by eternal
    I have had more than one little old lady make me blush. :icon15:
    Now...I would pay money to watch this :D...that'd be fineeeeee entertainment :icon6:

...somehow, I can't find the pic I'm looking for that belongs here... :icon21: I KNOW it's out there somewhere... :icon_razz
    Last edited by phyllis; 08-01-2004, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I have shared my most embarrassing moment on these forums once before. Let's just say it involves chipmunks. Lots of chipmunks.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
        I have shared my most embarrassing moment on these forums once before. Let's just say it involves chipmunks. Lots of chipmunks.

Nuff said.
        Chipmunks? How is it that I've never heard this story????

Anyway, this isn't embarassing to me anymore, but it certainly was at the time. Scary too. I still have dreams/nightmares about this incident. Don't know why, as they don't frighten me in the least. I just re live it in my sleep every now and then.

It's a very vivid memory of about 20 minutes of a trip to Disneyland when I was around 4 years old. All I remember is that we had just gotten done with "It's a Small World" and we were headed to Bear Country. It's a bit of a walk, and there was a portion of the walk that was along a long (600 yards?) corridor with nothing to look at on either side except for the perfectly manicured 10 foot hedges on either side. The might have been doing construction or something, or it was between two rides. I don't know. But anyway, I'm strolling along holding my mom's hand, taking in the sights. Looking at other people going the other direction. Wishing I had been able to get that huge old fashioned lollipop. I looked up at mom to ask her again why I couldn't have one of those big lollipops and it wasn't my mom that was holding my hand. I was terror stricken. I can't describe the number of different thoughts that went through my little four year old mind. [The fact that this incident is so vividly etched in my memory is why I will (try to) never underestimate the intellect of my own son.] After about 4 seconds of just staring at this woman and her companion, I frantically looked around for my family. I knew that I had been holding this hand for quite a while (about 15 minutes), and I was afraid that I was nowhere near my parents. The couple that I was with was looking down at me with terrifying smiles. They thought I was cute. I thought they were monsters. I finally saw my parents about 50 yards away, laughing at me and with the strange couple. My four year old mind grasped the fact that they were laughing at my horror, but I didn't quite grasp exactly what had happened to put me in that situation. I'm guessing that in my youthful haste, I grabbed the wrong hand and for 15 minutes I simply failed to confirm whose hand I had. Meanwhile, on a level that a four year old at Disneyland doesn't notice, my family and this couple had communicated their surprise and the fact that they thought it was cute that I had unknowingly adopted a new mom and they all decided to see how long it would last. Can't say as I blame them. Looking back, I'd probably have done the same thing. It is kinda cute.

So, anyway, I don't know why this particular incident is remembered so vividly. I've seen many more traumatic things since then, but this has taken a small portion of my memory and staked its claim... There are a lot of details that I remember about it that I didn't write here in order to keep it short. But this is what popped into my mind when trying to think of my most embarassing moment.

I wanna hear the chipmunk story now. :icon_smil
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Embarassing moment...I farted once in church. Okay, I fart a lot in church. And I'm going to Hell, I know. The worst has probably when someone else farted and everyone looked back at me. I guess thats just my reputation. Fart Boy.

Comment

About 7 years ago my roomie and I had a big party at our Apartment complex complete with pool, keg of beer, 30 or so of our friends......and sand volleyball.

After a couple hours I was looped, pissed for you Canadians, and playing volleyball. We had started a match with a group of younger guys around 18 or 19 yrs old. All our friends are lined up along the side of the court in the grass drinking beer and having a good time. I don't remember how it came up but I asked one of the younger guys how old he thought I was. His answer was "30?" Well, I was only 27 and I wasn't having that kind of answer from this punk in front of my friends. So, I dash under the net and ran headlong straight at him. I think he must've just finished his senior year on the wrestling team because as I went for his legs he caught me a cross-arm (forearm across the face and nose) I went horizontal and down I went. I lost a contact and was seeing stars and choking on sand. In my drunken state all I could so was limp away in shame.....

There is a happy ending though. I got some "sympathy" from a hottie at the party after everyone had left :icon14:

My friends still roll on the floor when that story comes up, which is way too often in my opinion. Terribly emarrasing, even to recount here, but what the heck. I'm sure there's worse stories.
            New to TG?

Comment

did I prove a point here or what hehehehe
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I thought maybe I had said too much...... :icon15:
                New to TG?

Comment

I used to have a job I had to start at 6.30 AM. Most teenagers, myself included, never see this time of the morning unless they haven't gone to bed. Understandably, I was pretty bleary eyed at that time in the morning. It was hard work and through the week I was tired pretty much all the time.

Well one day, after a day off when I got a blessed lie-in, I got up as usual, grabbed a power bar and left to get the bus to work. On leaving the house I was pleasantly suprised to see that it was getting light already which meant that summer was coming at last. I got to the bus stop, and the bus, usually very regular this early, came at a strange time. It was also a different number (but still going where I wanted) and a double not single decker. Even stranger were the number of people on the bus. "There can't be *this many* people crazy enough to be up at 5.50AM?" I thought.

It was only when I got to work and my manager opened the door and asked me where I had been for the last hour that I realised I had set my alarm clock for SIX fifty instead of ten TO six. As you can guess I was very red faced and kept my head down for the rest of the morning.
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Oh, I've got one worse than that, Wintermute. When I was still in the Marines in California, I lived in a small town about 10 miles away from base. Southern California traffic could be very unpredictable, and it would take me anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour to get to work. Well, in the Marines you simply aren't late. So, I had to leave for work an hour before I had to be there, just in case traffic was bad. Well, this one day, I'm simply amazed that there's no traffic on the highway at 5am! I mean, there are a few cars, but I'm cruising along at 70mph with no problem. I got to work almost an hour early and there's nobody there. Figures... I had gotten there so early that the duty NCO hadn't even shifted his post from the barracks to the shop. So, I smoked a few cigarettes while I was waiting for the duty to show up. It was kinda chilly, so I went back to my car and turned the heater on. I leaned my seat back and turned down the radio and tipped my cover down so it covered my eyes. Next thing I know, someone's tapping on my window. A split second later, after I realized that I'd probably slept right through the morning formation, I sat bolt upright in horror. There's the DNCO standing beside my car. Oh, it gets better.... I knew I was in deep poopoo. I'd probably be repainting the lines in the parking lot or something. Wait a second, the parking lot is already empty. That's weird. I got out of my car and the duty asks me what the heck I'm thinking. He was a Sergeant, and I was a Corporal, but we were friends. I said I screwed up big time and I asked him if the formation had been held at the barracks or maybe Battalion HQ?

This is when the story gets ugly...

He looks at me and says that it's Saturday. He said that he figured I had gotten in a fight with the old lady or something and I was sleeping it off in the parking lot of our shop. He didn't want to wake me up too early, but he had to get my social security number to log me into the logbook. I had not only gone in to work on my day off, but I also got my major screwup out of the way as well... I didn't know whether to be pissed off at myself or relieved that I hadn't fallen asleep in the parking lot on a work day... Needless to say, on Monday, everyone knew about it and I ended up being the butt of jokes for the week...

Man I miss that...

Comment

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP :D

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      I wanna hear the chipmunk story now. :icon_smil

Comment

Chipmunks, Chipmunks Everywhere

One time around Christmas during junior highschool my best friend, her sister and I decided that we would make a silly christmas video. We lit up my tree, put on "A Chipmunk Christmas" and were inspired. We put our nightgowns on, knelt down, tied our shoes to our knees and began lip synching to the songs while goofily dancing. All of us had a solo chimpmunk debut, then we paired off to do lip-synching duets. We were goofy as all hell. All of this was, of course, on video.

A few months later we did a video project for history class that imitated a news broadcast. We even created our own commercials for popular products at the time such as Lifecall, Zest, and Mop n' Glow. We went all out. Oh, let's not forget to mention that we recorded our fabulous video project right after the chipmunk festival, on the same video cassette.

The day it was due, we cued it up in front of the classroom and showed the video to MUCH applause. Those kids hated us, but dammit.. we did well. I left class, and went on to my next feeling rather proud.

Turns out that the teacher decided to re-air our video to the next class, because she liked it so very much. She re-wound the video to the beginning, and hit play for the class.

And what to my classmates wondering eyes did appear?

Me..
                        in my nightgown..
                        shoes tied to my knees..
                        in front of a christmas tree..
                        lip-synching..
                        to the chipmunks..
                        while flapping my arms like a chicken.

That to this day is my most embarassing moment. Enjoy.

Comment

oooooh now i think a mpeg file is in order

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Nice Luna! I'm sure that video is in a box somewhere?!
                            New to TG?

Comment

I just found out recently that the sister has the original video. I believe Apo attempted to bribe her into giving it to him, but I don't think he succeeded.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X