Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good French short film - "I'll Wait for the Next One"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596e7Bs4xQk&feature=dir

Don't worry, it's not even 5 minutes long, but can seem qft on many levels. Even this lonely American can relate. Lol. Enjoy.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Good French short film - "I'll Wait for the Next One"

Does anyone else think it always sounds like the French are constantly asking questions when they speak? I thought that it was just the way they pronounce their words, but their facial features indicate the same. That's always intrigued me...

So does the sing-song attributes of Arabic speaking...

And why is it that British and Aussie singers lose their accent when they're singing? For you Brits and Aussies, do American singers seem to lose their accent when singing?

Oh, and the film? It was pretty good... That's the kind of thing that always happens to me when I try to be an idealist. Hung out to dry...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Ow...

That hurt.

-Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
      We are not a single game.
      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Great filmmaking! I liked it a lot.

Comment

I went "awwwww" when the door closed and he said it was just a sketch.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Does anyone else think it always sounds like the French are constantly asking questions when they speak? I thought that it was just the way they pronounce their words, but their facial features indicate the same. That's always intrigued me...

So does the sing-song attributes of Arabic speaking...

And why is it that British and Aussie singers lose their accent when they're singing? For you Brits and Aussies, do American singers seem to lose their accent when singing?

Oh, and the film? It was pretty good... That's the kind of thing that always happens to me when I try to be an idealist. Hung out to dry...
            And why do Spanish speakers almost always seem agitated/excited or dejected? I have lived or around many Spanish speakers these past couple of years (my wife and her family and friends) and I it still surprises me.

When I try and speak it they don't understand me unless I enter one of those states.

I think the language does affect the disposition of the speaker.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              And why do Spanish speakers almost always seem agitated/excited or dejected? I have lived or around many Spanish speakers these past couple of years (my wife and her family and friends) and I it still surprises me.

When I try and speak it they don't understand me unless I enter one of those states.

I think the language does affect the disposition of the speaker.
              So true. I lived in Mexico for a few summers in high school and I still catch myself flailing my arms around when i get into good conversation. I usually end up knocking over wine glasses before I stop myself. I think it has something to do with the cultures of the countries that use the romantic languages. That or the alcohol. I guess I can't quite figure out which it is.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I'd've watched all of it, but I couldn't stand the guy's speech mannerisms for more than ten seconds. Things like that (and Nicolas Cage's face, not that this second detail is in any way related to the first one) make me want to murder people.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X