Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the weather in the Greater Dallas area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the weather in the Greater Dallas area?

From the rumbling I have heard at city hall. When Monday morning comes around a mandatory evacuation of South Texas will be declared. So I am trying to form a evacuation plan. With the recent high rains that San Antonio and Houston have received. I figure that Dallas is looking like the best place to wait this storm out "IF" it hits South Texas.

Also, I am looking for any information regarding hotels or motels. I am currently using hotels.com to find a place to stay. But if you know of a good place to stay that you would recommend I would be most appreciative.

Re: How is the weather in the Greater Dallas area?

Are you hitched? Wanna turn it into a romantic vacation twenty minutes south of Fort Worth? http://www.granbury-texas-b-and-b.com/

Other motels in Granbury: http://maps.google.com/maps?num=20&h...e-results&cd=1

I'm just offering Granbury as a nice little (known) town that is on the outskirts of the DFW Metroplex.

I doubt that evacuation will be ordered Monday morning, though, as the current projection is centered south of Texas and has it hitting mainland on Wednesday evening. I think we'll see what happens when it hits the Yucatan Peninsula Monday night before we'll see any mandatory evacuations...

Then again, the storm itself isn't nearly as worrisome as the rain it's going to be bringing... Perhaps it's not a bad idea to take a short vacation this week...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah I am looking at the current projection for the path of the storm. The eye will make landfall about 200 miles south of me. Though it's always good to have a plan the storm season is not over just yet.

Comment

Nope not hitched just yet Cingular. I am trying to finish college before heading down that road. But the BnB is always good to know about for future reference.

Comment

I can always get a room at any type of Marriott hotel, so holler if you get stuck.

Comment

Thanks.
            Well I have not read the paper yet.
            But my Tia just called to say that San Benito will be part of a mandatory evac on Monday.

Comment

The projected path has shifted a bit more southerly since last night. But you know how those projections go...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Yeah, nothing is for certian till it engages the mainland.
                According to a friend of mine who has been glued to the tube.
                He says that with the current climate patterns. The low temperature of the Gulf Stream and a couple of other ocean currents in the are of the Mar Caribe. Also, the current systems over the US. The current projection will be the most likely to occur.

Comment

This is a quick composite of the current size and path projection.
                  This not exactly on scale since the images are taken at different times. Giving each image in the composite a different viewpoint at the time of exposure.

Shot at 2007-08-19
                  Last edited by amu107.9; 08-19-2007, 02:59 PM.

Comment

A friend of mine referred me to the NOAA site. Of which the graphic above is from. Here is a great link to some very I believe useful information. The link refers you to some very nice charts and forecast models. I assume that all this information is also availble on the US weather service site. You just have to go digging for every kernel of information you can get your hands on.
                    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...nd120#contents

Comment

Yeah, the National Hurricane Center is always the first place I go for info on tropical storms... I don't want some nut's opinion about whether or not I should go to Home Depot to buy plywood to shutter my windows. I want facts and statistical projections.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X