• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's gonna leave a mark!

Did you know John Kerry was in Vietnam?

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...video_wmv.html

Re: That's gonna leave a mark!

Oh man, I heard about this earlier- that's gonna be a tough recovery.

Comment

If that is all true..

I hate him even more now :)

I vote bush

Comment

I don't doubt it a bit. I have said all along that I fear him being elected more than I fear Osama benhiden. This only shows me my feelings were right. want to see this country go to hell in a hand basket then "VOTE for KERRY". If he wins wait 2 yrs and remember this, "These are dangerious times we live in" Feel free to quote me.

Comment

So, do I choose a maniac whose been blinded by God's light and wants to strip me of personal freedoms or a lying hippie who wants to take away all my guns.

Pfft, forget them both, where the Hell is Alan Keyes when you need him?

Comment

I really don't see it as Bush wanting to take away anyone's personal freedoms but rather the government taking action to protect the population during this war. I assume that you're referring to the Patriot Act, and once again I must point out that the Senate voted 98 to 1 with 1 abstaining for the Patriot Act, so when people blame Bush for the Patriot act, it strikes me as ignorant or misleading.

Diane Feinstein is the one "nay" on that vote and if you like your guns, you don't like her!

In any case, I've never heard a bad thing said about Dick Winters by any of the men who served under him or even near him. When Kerry calls his little troupe a "Band of Brothers", he invites an ill-conceived comparison to a truly great man. 3 Purple Hearts and not an hour in a hospital...Ah well, the gig is up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
              Pfft, forget them both, where the Hell is Alan Keyes when you need him?
              Running for Senate in Illinois?
              http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D84901K80.html

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                I really don't see it as Bush wanting to take away anyone's personal freedoms but rather the government taking action to protect the population during this war. I assume that you're referring to the Patriot Act
                Neg, I'm talking about Bush using the White House to push through his draconian Puritan views.
                Originally posted by IceCold
                Running for Senate in Illinois?
                It was a rhetorical question.

Comment

yeah.. ummm.. ignorant and misleading... where do I go with this one?

Originally posted by VIETNAM POW JOHN MCCAIN(R)
                  Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry's military service "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged the White House on Thursday to condemn it as well.
                  Not only are the guys that ran this ad partisan and out for glory, none of them were even on John's boat. (the guys on his boat liked him)

Cheap-shot one-liners with fancy-sounding titles misleading kerry's service to our country is about as low as you can go. These a$$-monkeys did the same thing to McCain when he ran against dumbya.

attribution

Comment

Louis Letson: "I know John Kerry is lying about his first Purple Heart because I treated him for that injury."

Van O'Dell: "John Kerry lied to get his bronze star ... I know, I was there, I saw what happened."

The only issues here are do these guys know what they're talking about, are they telling the truth, and will this play in Preoria?

Note that all the responses to this ad will malign its motivation and question the partisanship of the veterans who discuss their experience with John Kerry, but I haven't seen or heard a single response on the facts in question.

Your outrage on how low people can go would sell better if you refrained calling the President of the United States "dumbya". I don't recall hearing any outrage from McCain when Michael Moore et al ran around calling Bush a murderer and a liar. McCain hasn't been on Meet The Press in a while but I guess we'll see his face there soon and watch Tim Russert read NY Times headlines at us.
                    Last edited by leejo; 08-05-2004, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
                      Not only are the guys that ran this ad partisan and out for glory, none of them were even on John's boat. (the guys on his boat liked him)

This is not true. There is a group of Vets that were on his boat that think the worst of him. According them when he got his third purple heart they told him to leave. I couldn't find a source in just a few minutes of looking, but I'll keep trying.

edit:
                      source

2nd edit:
                      my bad, this source is not one of his crewman, but one of his commanders not technically on his boat.
                      Last edited by USN_Squid; 08-05-2004, 12:24 PM.
                      New to TG?

Comment

Swiftvets

John Kerry has been able to convince about 13 men who served on Swift boats in the Mekong Delta to support him, 7 or 8 of whom were at various times crew members on his own 6-man boat. Those are the men the Kerry campaign so prominently featured at the Democratic Convention. The photograph we have posted at SwiftVets.com shows Kerry with 19 of his fellow Swift boat OICs (Officers In Charge) in Coastal Division 11. Four OICs were not present for the photograph. Only one of his 23 fellow OICs from Coastal Division 11 supports John Kerry.

Overall, more than 250 Swift boat veterans are on the record questioning Kerry's fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief. That list includes his entire chain of command -- every single officer Kerry served under in Vietnam. The Kerry game plan is to ignore all this and pretend that the 13 veterans his campaign jets around the country and puts up in 5-star hotels really represent the truth about his short, controversial combat tour.

The Swift boats fought in groups, so the other OICs who fought alongside Kerry know him well and can accurately describe what he did and did not do. In many cases Kerry's fellow OICs had a better perspective than his own crew members, since the latter had no way to determine whether he was following orders and how well he worked with his peers.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Neg, I'm talking about Bush using the White House to push through his draconian Puritan views.
                          Care to give actual examples of Bush's "draconian Puritan views" that he is pushing on everyone?

Comment

1. Constitutional ammendment to ban gay marriage. I believe this strikes at the very heart of what the Constitution stands for.
                            2. His stance and ignorance on cloning. Granted, this was an issue back in 2000 also, but I let it slide.

I could list more, but I'll just leave it at: I voted for Bush because he was a Religious moderate. Now he's gone so far right, I'm afraid he may fall off the scale.

Unfortunately, living in Texas, my vote won't even matter.

Comment

Unfortunately, living in Texas, my vote won't even matter.
                              Perhaps not to unseat President Bush, but voting for a third party this year just may send the message needed nationwide that we're not going to settle for just republocrats on the ballot anymore...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X