Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his latest Tour de France title!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his latest Tour de France title!

CNN is reporting that Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his 6th Tour de France title.

In a random check for banned substances, 3 were found in Armstrong's hotel room.

The 3 substances banned by the French, that were found in his hotel room were as follows:

(1) Toothpaste
    (2) Deodorant
    (3) Soap

The French officials also found several other items which they had never seen before including a testicle and a backbone...

Re: Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his latest Tour de France title!

:icon_eek: :icon_roll

Comment

A few years ago I read "The Guns of August", Barbara Tuchman's history of the start of WWI. There is a discussion about the French military's decision to switch from their colorful battle dress to something more suitable for modern combat. My father-in-law has the book now so I can't quote it but I did find this passage on the web:

At the outbreak of World War I, the French infantry used to dress in red pants and blue coats. When it became apparent that they going to fight another war with Germany, some of the younger officers tried to convince the army command to give the troops a camouflage uniform so they wouldn't stand out quite so much on the battlefield.

But the high command wouldn't hear of it. For almost a century, French soldiers had taken the field in red and blue. It wasn't gallant or courageous to try to blend into the background. It would be bad for morale to teach soldiers to hide. One of the generals went so far as to say that "Le pantelon rouge, c'est France!" The red pants are France.

And so when the war began, the French charged onto the battlefield dressed like songbirds, a perfect target for the German machine gunners. After one of the early battles, a member of the high command overlooked a field covered with red and blue corpses. With tears running down his face he said, "This is how God teaches kings!"

So now I think "Le pantelon rouge, c'est France" every time I see J.C. yammer on about this or that. The red pants are France, my friends.

(oddly enough the source for the above might be relevant to another thread, but I won't get into that here ;) - http://members.macconnect.com/users/...s/SerFeb3.html)

Comment

Did that really happen, or is it just a joke (im behind, i know :P) (the lance thing, that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
          Did that really happen, or is it just a joke (im behind, i know :P) (the lance thing, that is)

See mots avatar.

Comment

The red pants are France, huh? I understand that in the past, militaries used red uniforms to disguise the blood so that when someone was injured it wouldn't alarm his brethren with any brightly contrasting colors.

Rumor is that the French are thinking about changing the color of their trousers to brown for a very similar reason...

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
              CNN is reporting that Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his 6th Tour de France title.

In a random check for banned substances, 3 were found in Armstrong's hotel room.

The 3 substances banned by the French, that were found in his hotel room were as follows:

(1) Toothpaste
              (2) Deodorant
              (3) Soap

The French officials also found several other items which they had never seen before including a testicle and a backbone...

well sure bash the french even though the guy has banned substances, oh wait he is american and therefore can do no wrong.

im not saying he is quilty but what is the point of opening a post with look this happened, french frog eating barstards, ffs, if he has violated then he must be dealt with end of story.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                well sure bash the french even though the guy has banned substances, oh wait he is american and therefore can do no wrong.

im not saying he is quilty but what is the point of opening a post with look this happened, french frog eating barstards, ffs, if he has violated then he must be dealt with end of story.
                You are so right, Dudeman.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but...

Lance Armstrong has never failed a drug test. The only "doping" is an accusation from a French rider who wrote a book with these allegations...

Comment

That's my understanding. Pretty sure he's never failed a drug test, but that's probably just because he's an American and the French don't want to rock the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                      Pretty sure he's never failed a drug test, but that's probably just because he's an American and the French don't want to rock the boat.
                      Sorry Leejo but that's rediculous. The international cycling governing body and the Tour organisers are far more concerned with the integrity of their sport than "rocking America's boat."

Which rider has accused Armstrong of doping?

It is a fact that doping is still going on. Britain's only hope David Miller missed the tour this year and will miss the Olympics because he was caught doing it.
                      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I should have used my [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                          I should have used my [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag. Sorry.
                          yeah you are really not very good at this are you leejo... see its not just me, another Brit has failed to see your very primitive attempts at sarcasm. he he he

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

My wit is just a bit too dry for your lot I guess. ;)

Maybe if we played a little Benny Hill music or if I concluded a post with "say no more say no more" y'all get it better. :D

Comment

DONT FORGET STARTING WITH ELLO ELLO ELLO...

but i think your best bet is to,

run away!!! run away!!! (have you soiled your armour. sir robin not quite so brave as sir lancelot.)

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X