Gas really sucks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas really sucks.

Cant live with it, cant live without it.

I drive a small four door sedan that gets 32 miles to the gallon. Its not to bad but for the love of god, Four dollars and 19 cents for one gallon of gas? Thats just insane!
    AKA
    USMCSierraJuan
    Sierra_6177

Defabian

Re: Gas really sucks.

Still probably cheaper than most bottled water.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
      Still probably cheaper than most bottled water.
      True indeed, and at the movies now its just around 5 bucks :) btw, most of NJ here is around 2.60's

Comment

But, I can buy a one gallon jug of Poland Spring for $1.29 at the supermarket. It's probably a bit cheaper than that at Walmart.

Comment

The difference being that bottled water is a luxury. Gas, for most people, is a neccessity.
          | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
            The difference being that bottled water is a luxury. Gas, for most people, is a neccessity.
            That's certainly a novel view.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Gas prices are one reason why I LOVE having my motorcycle. I get close to 80 miles/gal for highway miles and about 65 m/g city. I watch my brother blow a couple hundred a month on gas compared to my 10. I wish gas prices could go back just 10 years though, 91 cents a gallon when i first started driving in 97.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                My wife can confirm that, for me, this is a fact.

Comment

I don't know where you got that image, but in most places gas prices aren't anywhere near $4.00 a gallon (not counting Europe). I'm only paying $2.58 here.

I recall one story from a few months back about a Shell station that raised its prices to $4.00 a gallon and immediately got in the news because the picture was just so perfect for scare-tactics news, but the news didn't bother to report the story behind it. The Shell Station owner was about to go out of business, and he was mad at his gasoline suppliers for some reason I can't recall. So for the last week he was open before selling the store, he jacked the gas prices up way high so he wouldn't sell any of it and wouldn't have to pay any more money to the gas supplier. Meanwhile the station across the street was selling the same gas for 90 cents less. If you angled the camera right you could get both in the same photo, but that wouldn't make for as good a news story.

My bet would be you got that old story's photo recycled. ;)

Comment

I hear Europe has had it a lot worse than us for some time. I've only been filling half tanks for the past 2 years now to budget the expense out better.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Well, we pay something like 50 cents per gallon just in sales taxes. Thats already way too much, but the tax burden on gas in Europe comes out to be several dollars per gallon, which is a large part of why their gas prices are so much higher than ours.

Edit: Research! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_tax
                      Average US fuel tax: 42 cents per gallon
                      Fuel tax in the UK: 50 pence per Liter, or 2 per gallon, translating to $3.75/gallon approx.
                      Fuel tax in Germany: 50 eurocents per Liter, or €2 per gallon, translating to $2.50/gallon approx.
                      Last edited by Kerostasis; 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                        I hear Europe has had it a lot worse than us for some time. I've only been filling half tanks for the past 2 years now to budget the expense out better.
                        I don't understand that move.

Comment

I don't understand that move.
                          It's easier to afford $20.00 every 2 weeks rather than $40.00 every 3-4 weeks. Due to budgeting in other expenses in the same time period, its easier to pay, even though I'd be paying the same amount in a month anyways.
                          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Our gas is down to 2.51$ here. Was 2.80$ month ago.

Comment

It's been hanging around $3 a gallon here recently. A couple of weeks ago it dropped to around $2.70 but that didn't last long. My car also takes E85 but theres only 2 or 3 stations around my house that sell it and they sell it for a whole .10 cheaper than regular gas.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X