• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonzo gone goodbye

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...ighschool_util

Alberto GanzolezZzzz resigned.

Re: gonzo gone goodbye

Nah nuh nah nah, nah nuh nah...Heeeey----eyyyy Good bye!

Dear Mr. Gonzalez,

Don't let the door hit ya!

Signed,
    The American People
    | | |

Comment

Hasta la Vista?
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Ah, that's a shame.
        Beatnik

Comment

Y'know, when President Bush first took office, there were lots of jokes about him being a dumb Texan. I said to look at all the smart advisors he has in his cabinet and in his office. He'll do just fine.

Now, he's got people like Chertoff, Gonzalez, Bodman and Gutierrez. Well, I guess he doesn't have Gonzalez anymore. But if Chertoff moves over to Justice, will Julie Myers move up to Sec. of DHS? That's a scary thought.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

No way Cherthoff moves over to Justice unless its a recess appointment. Although, I guess the Democrats are spineless enough that they probably wouldn't have a field day with his handling of Katrina...

I hate the state of American politics.
            sigpic

Comment

President Bush today praised Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales, whose tenure has been marred by accusations of perjury before Congress, as “a man of integrity, decency and principle.”
              I'm starting to think that Bush makes these obviously false statements just to spite people. These Texan buddies really aren't working out for Bush - Brownie (heckuva job!), Meirs (are you kidding?) and now this guy (Al 'I was not aware that I was actually supposed to do anything in this position' Gonzales).

Funny, but not 'ha ha' funny.

Comment

I swear, it sounds more like a mafia organization every day. Gonzales took the fall and never gave up the don. He'll be well taken care of in the end.

I hope that his resignation, combined with Rove's, doesn't take all of the political momentum out of Waxman's ongoing Hatch act investigations, among other revelations of wrong-doing. These people have seriously undermined a lot of civic institutions, and that should not go unpunished.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                  ... among other revelations of wrong-doing...
                  Funny, I never actually heard any accusations of wrongdoing in the Department of Justice, just suggestions that we might find something if you let Waxman dig around in confidential files long enough. Care to remind me what Gonzales & crew were accused of?

Comment

Bypassing the FISA courts (before the limp Congress let them write a new law that let them do it). Along with other surveillance issues that are as yet unresolved.

Violating the Hatch Act by using government funds, facilities, services and employees as part of an overt political campaign.

Firing DoJ officials for their political views and affiliations rather than their job performance.

Plus, Gonzales wrote the playbook on the use of torture and the expansion of executive power. Whether you believe that constitutes wrong-doing is a matter for your own conscience.

And he lied to Congress, under oath, quite a bit, over national security and civil rights issues. Again, the rightness or wrongness of that is in the eye of the beholder.

But we've been down most of these roads before in the Sandbox, so I don't expect any kind of useful or interesting debate on any of these points.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...