Karl Rove is Awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Rove is Awesome

I always thought that these political consigliere guys were uptight, boring, and by-the-book. I never knew that Karl Rove was so awesome until everyone started making fun of his quirks - why is it that only after someone leaves "office" that we find out about how rad they were?

Karl Rove rapping. Yes, he looks retarded. But in an age of meticulously forumalted sound bytes and $400 haircuts, this is plain awesome.

And today, White House staffers played a prank on Rove by Saran wrapping his car. In the article, a description of Rove's car is provided:

Originally posted by THE ARTICLE OF PWN
    Rove's car is easily recognizable because of its "I love Barack Obama" bumper sticker and the twin stuffed-animal eagles on the trunk. Oh, and there's a stuffed-animal elephant on the hood.
    That is awesome!!!!

He has gone from being a tightwad to the coolest man alive in about a week.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Re: Karl Rove is Awesome

You really think Karl Rove is the coolest man alive?

Also, the eagles and Obama sticker were part of the prank.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
      He has gone from being a tightwad to the coolest man alive in about a week.
      Obviously you have forgotten about this man.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
        Also, the eagles and Obama sticker were part of the prank.
        Are you sure? If that's true, my whole world just came crashing down.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

That clip was from the Press Correspondents' Dinner this year, which was about 2000% lamer last year, where Stephen Colbert tore dubya a new one.

The much safer/tamer/lamer clip there (and conspicuous absence of dubya) was the highlight of this year's dinner, and a reaction to the satirical shellacking Bush got the year before.

That being said, Rove isn't just a machiavellian operative known for not pulling any punches and spreading black baby rumors in South Carolina. He's apparently pretty affable in person. Some examples of that can be seen in the documentary 'Journeys with George', a surprisingly great HBO documentary shot by Alexandra Pelosi (yes, Nancy's daughter) which followed Bush's 2000 campaign run from primaries to presidency, and which the White House staff apparently loved.

My thoughts on Rove are best articulated by paraphrasing Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction:

Originally posted by Pulp Fiction
          Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call dogs filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dogs got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if Rove had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' mother****in' Rove. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?
          ;)
          Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
            Are you sure? If that's true, my whole world just came crashing down.
            I really hope your world doesn't collapse over this, but yes, it's true.

I just found out Tony Snow is stepping down too. I feel bad that he's had to battle cancer (again, I think) during what was undoubtedly an enjoyable appointment for him, but it does not make me like him any more than I do, which is not much.

Comment

I think it's worth pointing out that while I do not believe Rove is the coolest man alive, he is one of the greatest (and most cunningly evil) political minds this nation has ever seen. Let's face it - he got George W. Bush, a silver-spooned born-again three-time failure, elected President of the United States - twice!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                I think it's worth pointing out that while I do not believe Rove is the coolest man alive, he is one of the greatest (and most cunningly evil) political minds this nation has ever seen. Let's face it - he got George W. Bush, a silver-spooned born-again three-time failure, elected President of the United States - twice!
                Look who he ran against. Al Gore and John Kerry aren't exactly the Cult of Personality.

Comment

Who are the two white guys dancing?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse