No announcement yet.

does General Petraeus wear a hairpiece?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does General Petraeus wear a hairpiece?

I'm watching the hearings live - his mic doesn't seem to be working so he's standing around chatting while the crack Senate A/V crew does some troubleshooting.

These informal chats and obtruse camera angles really show off his hair, which I am really starting to think is not real. Seems odd for a military man. I'm not sure why.

Re: does General Petraeus wear a hairpiece?

Now he finally started talking. He likes the surge and would like to keep it going for another year. Isn't there a soft drink called 'surge?' He's got a bunch of posterboard graphs. Is there some kind of standing policy in senate hearings prohibiting the use of projectors or displays? Generals get complimentary laptops, do they not?

I do find it fascinating how fundamentally different this war is from what it was originally thought of and (so we are told) planned for. Although a changing battlefield is more common than not, I think this conflict in particular will be keeping analysts at West Point busy for decades to come.

Comment

I didn't see the video, but I've been listening to the audio on the radio. Pretty good report from the sound of it. Of course, the post-report analysis will go on for weeks as everybody tries to spin it one way or another. Should be fun to watch. ;)

Comment

Not getting a good vibe from Ryan Crocker, whose last name to me seems a good indicator of the validity of his statements. I can't believe that he seems to be defending de-Baathification, which has been all but proven to have served as the primary catalyst for the insurgency.

Comment

:icon_lol: he's definitely got some hair issues....though it looks real to me...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            :icon_lol: he's definitely got some hair issues....though it looks real to me...
            that's a good shot there whiskey - now I'm back to thinking he has real hair, but needs a stylist for these public speaking engagements. The 'dumb and dumber' look is not helping his credibility.

Comment

maybe he has plugs, but even so...I think it is 90% his. Very nice picture in the background btw.
              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I was wondering that too watching the vid, but mostly heard the report in my bed... Looks to be leaving soon.. Very good news for me

Comment

I bet the guy hasn't gotten more than 4 hours' sleep a night for the last year. I doubt he's fiddling with his hair very much.

Comment

I'll take that bet.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Right. Because you support the troops, just not the war.

Comment

What? You know what, nevermind.
                        In game handle: Steel Scion
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                          Right. Because you support the troops, just not the war.
                          That's really obnoxious, man. We know that you know better, making it even more obnoxious.

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Just a reminder that we STILL expect members of the TG community to conduct themselves appropriately in this forum. This includes tolerance of other people without feeling the need to personally insult them or make borderline inflammatory posts in an effort to get a rise out of someone.

Comment

It's his hair I say. Funny how he has hair style I do (minus the graying patches).
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                              That's really obnoxious, man. We know that you know better, making it even more obnoxious.
                              I think this thread is really obnoxious, man.

Given the gravity of the situation and the man's work, you good and well ought to know better than to mince about his hair as if he were some John Edwards or Kerry poof. But of course that's your instinct and the degree to which you hold the man in high esteem - the degree to which you support him. And Steeler is happy to wager that he's sleeping well; such is his lack of respect for the man and Steeler's belief that he is not giving this mission his full devotion. Either that or a profound lack of understanding of how soldiers in theater live.

I mean no disrespect to you or Steeler - you may think what you like about Patraeus or anything else - but I am well within my rights to believe, and to express my belief, that you two aren't exactly going out of your way to show respect, or support, here either, and call it piss even if you say it's rain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X