X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Reaction

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6989581.stm

I didn't realize natives of European countries would react like this; the media tells me that Europe is against America.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Re: Strange Reaction

I would assume these two "far right" agenda is to stir up unrest among the immigrant and native Belgian community. The part where they used 9/11 as a an excuse for their actions is disgraceful and totally lacks respect for the human tragedies of 9/11. The arrest It is by no means a support of the terrorist attack on WTC.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Oh, I'm sure that the people involved were complete radical morons. My surprise comes from the fact that anyone in mainland Europe would even symbolically attempt to sympathize with the US.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        Oh, I'm sure that the people involved were complete radical morons. My surprise comes from the fact that anyone in mainland Europe would even symbolically attempt to sympathize with the US.
        What ever happened to this: (answer: Bush and a bunch of people stupid enough to vote for him again in 2004.)

http://www.privilogic.com/wordsfail/
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
          I would assume these two "far right" agenda is to stir up unrest among the immigrant and native Belgian community. The part where they used 9/11 as a an excuse for their actions is disgraceful and totally lacks respect for the human tragedies of 9/11. The arrest It is by no means a support of the terrorist attack on WTC.
          The...what? Why would they be trying to stir up unrest among the immigrant community, if thats what they're protesting against? I'm not sure I understand your complaint here.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
            You gotta get our more.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
              What ever happened to this: (answer: Bush and a bunch of people stupid enough to vote for him again in 2004.)

Better answer: It only lasted about 24 hours in places where people weren't already friendly to us on 9/10. In those places where the people were already friendly on 9/10, they're not particularly less friendly today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                The...what? Why would they be trying to stir up unrest among the immigrant community, if thats what they're protesting against? I'm not sure I understand your complaint here.
                I fail to understand your reaction. Go ahead and check out the political party represented(by the one arrestee).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlaams_Belang
                --
                VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
                  I fail to understand your reaction. Go ahead and check out the political party represented(by the one arrestee).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlaams_Belang
                  yep sorry to piss on cherios, but it has very little to do with 9/11 and america as such and more to do with scare mongering,

check out the British National Party, they do exactly the same stuff, their leader was even up on charges last year, when europeannews says far right, think racist facist extremists.

and ednos, its simply not true that everyone in europe hates america, now come on such a sweeping generalisation is not ever going to be true,

yes there is a sizable number of people not supporting american foriegn policy, but look at the anti war protests on your own door step, its not an us against you, its a peace against needless violence.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post

Im sorry, I don't see the connection between people showing compassion and sorrow over the senseless loss of human life and a country's foreign policy.

Comment

agreed aculle01,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
                        Im sorry, I don't see the connection between people showing compassion and sorrow over the senseless loss of human life and a country's foreign policy.
                        We had the sympathy of the world and a position that could have been translated into leadership for the greater good. Instead, we basically threw the rest of the world the finger, pissed away whatever shred of goodwill we might have had as quickly and blatantly as possible and unjustly went to war in Iraq, a country that was pretty clearly NOT involved in 9/11 and NOT a threat to the United States. That compassion was quickly turned to distain and distrust by our corrupt leaders and those who were too spineless to question them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Alright, this thread is going in exactly the direction I hoped it wouldn't.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X