Job for the adventurous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job for the adventurous

NASA seeking astronauts.. position posting available until July 2008! Get your applications in now!

Please note:

Key requirements:
    * Frequent travel may be required.

Cing - I think you should apply!
    sigpic

Re: Job for the adventurous

I know a couple of astronauts. Read up on the competition:

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/parazyns.html
    He enjoys mountaineering, rock climbing, flying, SCUBA diving, skiing, travel, woodworking, and nature photography. A commercial, multi-engine, seaplane and instrument-rated pilot, Dr. Parazynski has logged over 2000 flight hours in a variety of aircraft. As a mountaineer, his summits include Cerro Aconcagua (at 22,841 feet above sea level, the tallest mountain in the world outside of Asia) and 53 of Colorado’s peaks over 14,000 feet in altitude.

He received a bachelor of science degree in biology from Stanford University in 1983, continuing on to graduate with honors from Stanford Medical School in 1989. He served his medical internship at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital of Harvard Medical School (1990).

National Institutes of Health Predoctoral Training Award in Cancer Biology (1983); Rhodes Scholarship finalist (1984); NASA Graduate Student Researcher’s Award (1988); Stanford Medical Scholars Program (1988); Research Honors Award from Stanford Medical School (1989); NASA-Ames Certificate of Recognition (1990); Wilderness Medical Society Research Award (1991); Space Station Team Excellence Award (1996); NASA Exceptional Service Medals (1998, 1999); NASA Space Flight Medals (1994, 1997, 1998, 2001); NASA Distinguished Service Medal (2002).

While in medical school, he competed on the United States Development Luge Team and was ranked among the top 10 competitors in the nation during the 1988 Olympic Trials. He also served as an Olympic Team Coach for the Philippines during the 1988 Olympic Winter Games in Calgary, Canada.
    etc. Scott is the quintessential golden boy. Beautiful house, beautiful wife, beautiful children (one with autism), all smiles all the time, handsome, brilliant. I hate him. :D

Shortly after his Aconcagua summit a few years ago they found a pretty big hole in his heart (since fixed). The guy climbed one of the biggest hills on earth with a blown head gasket. Tough.

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/pettit.html
    Graduated from Silverton Union High School, Silverton, Oregon, in 1973; received a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering from Oregon State University in 1978; and a doctorate in chemical engineering from the University of Arizona in 1983.

Staff scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico from 1984-1996. Projects included reduced gravity fluid flow and materials processing experiments on board the NASA KC-135 airplane, atmospheric spectroscopy on noctilucent clouds seeded from sounding rockets, fumarole gas sampling from volcanoes, and problems in detonation physics. He was a member of the Synthesis Group, slated with assembling the technology to return to the moon and explore Mars (1990), and the Space Station Freedom Redesign Team (1993).
    Don is a odd dude. Drives the nastiest most beaten up old diesel pickup truck that he maintains himself. Yard looks like ass. 100% engineer and built like a fighter pilot.

Pretty impressive people.

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
      Cing - I think you should apply!
      What? Dude, I deal with enough aliens here, no way do I want to run into any out there!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        What? Dude, I deal with enough aliens here, no way do I want to run into any out there!
        Awww C'Mon! But you'ld fit right IN with the Aliens 'Out There'!

:row__642:
        sigpic

Comment

They also suggest that many years of flying high performance jet aircraft is STRONGLY preferred.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X