Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taint no place for a tat

And neither is this apt. complex.

Interesting policy. Personally I'm watching stocks that are involved in tattoo removal, since nothing looks quite as sexy as a 20 year-old stretched-out asshat. So far, none look very good. :)

Re: Taint no place for a tat

It is an interesting policy. While I do have several friends that would be denied, to me it's no different than those housing places that refuse people under 55 or say you can't park your vehicle in your driveway or have people park on your lawn. In many cases, those places aren't even rentals, you actually own the property and still can't do those things. People choose to get tattoos and piercings, so I don't see why they can be upset, outside of the original couple. If this policy is in place it needs to be visible on the application or something.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Thank jebus this wasn't a link to a gallery of tattooed taints.
      Beatnik

Comment

I'm getting a tat just like your avatar, Beatnik: a magic donkey farting love to the universe. Not sure where to put it yet...

Comment

Since there's no logical reason to deny a rental contract to someone with a tattoo, this sounds like just some jackass uptight moralizing NIMBY bullcrap. Have to keep up appearances and all. The fact that this particular couple were denied after they had already made a deposit is particularly stupid.

Unfortunately, there's no law against being an overly-judgemental busybody assclown.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
            Thank jebus this wasn't a link to a gallery of tattooed taints.
            That's what I thought it was going to be :D
            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
              Unfortunately, there's no law against being an overly-judgemental busybody assclown.
              No kidding.

There's also no law that says I have to rent my property to people I don't want in my property. There are laws that forbid me from discriminating based on many criteria, but people-with-tattoos is not a constitutionally-protected group, so...

I don't really care one way or the other. Let's all try not to be overly-judgmental.
              Last edited by leejo; 09-26-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                but people-with-tattoos is not a constitutionally-protected group, so...
                Unless the tattoos are representative of your religion, according to the video I watched last night about this whole thing. Better register your love-pooping donkey religion fast. :P
                [squadl]
                "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

It's the Church of Divine Procrastination, and we do nothing until the last minute. So if I miss the deadline, it's cool.

Sorry for the prompt response. I'm not perfect, just saved.

Comment

It looks like "body artists" in the lower parts of California are experiencing a distributed denial of service.

Bad jokes aside, I'm actually very glad that they're allowed to deny service to people like that. It's Capitalism.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I would get that appartment complex for discrimination against those with mental disabilities.
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I'm getting a tat just like your avatar, Beatnik: a magic donkey farting love to the universe. Not sure where to put it yet...
                        My avatar is way too sexy to be a donkey. But she is farting love and magically delicious hearts.

Back on topic, if they had landlords like this in Austin, rent would be a lot cheaper. One thing I love about Austin is watching mommies with half or full sleeves walking their kids around stores or down S. Congress. :)
                        Beatnik

Comment

The only problem I have is with the landlord thinking about not refunding the application fee without making the restriction clear up front.

Other than that, I think hell should be raised in front of that apartment complex, but that the landlord has the legal right to have such restrictions. I'd love to see all the tattoo shops in San Antonio get together and protest in front of the complex for a week or two. See if they can get national coverage.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I don't know if that would help erase any stereotypes about people with tattoos.

I agree that they should return the fee. I think a more interesting question is where did this decision come from - thin air or the presence of a certain heavily tattooed gang in the area? - and what is the story with our protagonist, Capt. Tat.? Is this a written policy that existed prior to the application or did the wife pony up the $70 and the leasing agent had a heart attack when her thuggish looking husband walked in and scrambled for a way to say "no" in a way they could sustain? In a sense, if they say no they sorta have to keep the deposit. If they say no but return the deposit...

I don't know if this is simply a matter of a landlord who doesn't like tats or if there's a more interesting background story here. None of us do, I expect.

I have decided that Beatnik's magic donkey is too sexy for my asshat. *sigh* See that's always been my problem with tats: 1) what on earth would I want a tat of? 2) can't I think of ANYTHING I'd rather spend the money on? 3) Can't I think of ANYTHING I'd rather be doing than spending an hour in a chair with some dude giving me 5000 shots?

That and my parents always told us "tattoo" was greek for "you're on your own".

Comment

It's the Church of Divine Procrastination, and we do nothing until the last minute. So if I miss the deadline, it's cool.

Sorry for the prompt response. I'm not perfect, just saved.
                              lol....maybe up for best new organization.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...