Free Money!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Money!

Yep. Hillary has come up with a brilliant plan to fix the economy: give everyone $5,000 at birth.
    That's not satire. It should be, though. What's next? Give everyone a check for a billion dollars? Then we'd ALL be billionaires, and there would be no income gap, right? I'm sure that would do wonders for inflation.
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Re: Free Money!

WASHINGTON (AP) Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Friday that every child born in the United States should get a $5,000 "baby bond" from the government to help pay for future costs of college or buying a home.

So how would that work? Once they turn 18 they could cash in on their "bond". Sorry id rather have my sons 5k to pay off bills from his birth. I dont want the government putting restrictions on what he can use it for, which i can see in 18 years them dumping this program because they need to move the money earnd over to SS or government "screwed up" health care.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

You mean like a bankrupt social security system? Go figger..

Remember that $500 everyone got back from the IRS.. I know I got it.. what happened to it.. m'eh.. no idea? Gas?
      sigpic

Comment

I dont understand how anyone could think thats a smart thing to do. How the hell do they think the government pays for that? Through taxes. So basically you would be given 5000 dollars at birth so that you can later pay that money off through higher taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
          I dont understand how anyone could think thats a smart thing to do. How the hell do they think the government pays for that? Through taxes. So basically you would be given 5000 dollars at birth so that you can later pay that money off through higher taxes.

Considering its a democrat that "came" up with the idea im not entirely surprised. I like in that article it states that every newborn takes on $27000 of our national debt, so lets add to that yearly with the 4mil births. Why not just increase the child credit and be done with it.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Uh, we've got money factories. I like the idea.

Comment

I'd be PISSED if I were, like, 2 when they passed this. Or even 40. Or is the idea that all 300 million of us get $5k? What about the "undocumented" Americans? Shouldn't they get $5000 too? It would be racist to exclude them, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                That they let us "borrow" with interest.

I think this is how things should work.
                Each job has levels. Say like level 1 being your at the top of that job and like maybe 5, is like people who just joined or something. Now this way people get payed for doing what they do. Also. EVERY job gets the same pay for each level, you just get diffrent pays depending on how well you do that job. I'm sure we could put some multipliers or handicaps for some like crazy super smart jobs, or like really simple jobs. But why should athletes get payed more then a person who say, cleans the living hell out of an entire house. I would think the house cleaner does more work (depends though.)
                |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                  What about the "undocumented" Americans? Shouldn't they get $5000 too? It would be racist to exclude them, wouldn't it?
                  No, it would NOT be racist. It would be nationalist.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd personally rather spend the money on an illegal war that will go on indefinitely.

I'd support this if the money went into a trust that had to be spent on either an education or retirement fund.

In the end, its nothing more than brain dead, empty political rhetoric. Just like Giuliani saying that he'll deport every illegal immigrant. It's simply not going to happen.
                    sigpic

Comment

You could call it subsidies for having children. Just like subsidies for planting corn, sugar or a tax break (which means ~$60k for the richest 1% - per year). The government is investing into the future citizen's welfare. Would be better to just fund the schools directly.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                        You mean get the mint to just spew out all that money? Do you know what inflation is? If the government makes too much money, the value of it decreases exponentially because theres so much of it and it eventually becomes worthless.

Since the government cant just make money out of thin air, and has to receive it from taxes, any bill or program that gives money to people is completely pointless. Its rather silly for me to give the government money, only for them to distribute it right back unequally instead of investing it in the stock market.

For instance, lots of poorer people would say 'Tax the rich!' because they 'dont need all that money!'. What they fail to realize is that if rich people have a higher tax burden, their money doesn't get invested in the stock market. This hurts business and the overall economy, so businesses have to cut jobs, which in turn hurts the poor guy who works for the rich guy. Then some of these poor people have to be put on welfare, further hurting the system.

I generally agree with most democratic principles, but ill probably never vote democrat because they don't make any sense when it comes to money unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by marstein View Post
                          You could call it subsidies for having children. Just like subsidies... or a tax break (which means ~$60k for the richest 1% - per year)
                          So lowering the income tax rate is the same thing as giving someone money... hmmm...

In one case, you're just handing the money away. In the other case, a person has less of their income taken away from them.
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Guess which is more efficient.

Comment

I love how letting someone keep something that belongs to them is seen as a gift by some people, and ESPECIALLY when it's people who in another thread just made the claim that people forget we are in "a country that has freedom." Freedom except for when he thinks the government should take your belongings.
                              ---
                              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X