McDonalds manager gets $1.1 million? Wtf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds manager gets $1.1 million? Wtf

I'm sure you guys have seen this story about a small town McDonald's manager who was duped in to imprisoning and strip searching one of her female employees in the back room by a caller pretending to be a police officer: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1297922 At one point, she gets her fiance to watch the girl, who is told to, and complies with, sexually assaulting the girl.

Apparently the manager has won a court decision "rewarding" her with $1.1 million from McDonalds because they didn't warn her about such hoaxes. http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...xxQ6r63_-WeU1Q Wtf?

Re: McDonalds manager gets $1.1 million? Wtf

You mean I can strip search and spank a female coworker and get PAID to do it???

It is ON.

Comment

And get paid lots of money!

Comment

And here I've been not sexually assaulting my coworkers like a sucker. Note to self: don't NOT strip coworkers...check.

You know, if my boss told me to strip down and get spanked, my initial reaction would have been to tell him or her to go screw themselves. Boy would I have been wrong!

I guess it all goes to show that maybe you can't fix stupid, but you can sure write it a big check. More to the point, stupid people plus stupid juries = rich plaintiff's attorneys.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
          You know, if my boss told me to strip down and get spanked, my initial reaction would have been..
          .. And THEN??

Oh.. but my boss is Jenna Jameson in that Fantas.. Uhhh.. nevermind..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
            .. And THEN??

Oh.. but my boss is Jenna Jameson in that Fantas.. Uhhh.. nevermind..
            Umm... gross, dude!

"Leave Britney alone!!!"
            sigpic

Comment

Dang - Where did you find THAT! Thats' not the Jenna I remember! Maybe it's the clothes - she had to start wearing them.. :madsmile:
              sigpic

Comment

That's the new Jenna - post anorexia and plastic surgery. Living in Scottsdale will do that to you. (the Arizona peeps know what I'm talking about.)

Another recent image:
                sigpic

Comment

The girl who got "searched" got 6.1 million. The manager also got an 11 month probationary sentence associated with this case. The original lawsuit was for 200 million dollars.
                  Full article:
                  http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/05....ap/index.html

Comment

The victim got $6.1 million. That is correct. However, what's disgusting is that the manager, who got 11-months of probation was rewarded with $1.1 million in a separate suit (originally asking for $50 million) against McDonalds. The article you linked to does not mention this other suit.

http://www.wlky.com/news/14267691/detail.html
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071005...t_071005211147

[edit] Oh, I guess it was part of the same suit.

Comment

Can I sue both the employee and the manager for intellectual osmosis? (Yes the proper term is Diffusion, but it just doesn't sound as catchy since Garfield uses osmosis)

So an employee supposedly stole a purse. How is a strip search warrented? Did the manager seriously believe she could've shoved it somewhere so it wouldn't show through clothing? Did the employee and manager question the officer or ask for a warrent for his actions? Was probable cause established?

Most likely everyone went along with the damn thing so the employee could sue McDonald for her stupidity and get large wads of cash for the effort. Hell! I want 6.1 million dollars for acting stupid! Sign me up! I can pretend I don't have a 6th grade education! I'd even settle for the 1.1 million dollars for just letting it happen and claiming I didn't know better.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Thanks for posting Jenna Jameson, I suddenly lost my appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                          Thanks for posting Jenna Jameson, I suddenly lost my appetite.
                          Yeah.. can I sue him now for that?
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...