Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two new hobbies in one week. A personal record.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new hobbies in one week. A personal record.

The latest additions to my long list of hobbies is Lego and graffiti.

So far I have the Batcopter and Scarecrow, Y-Wing, and B-Wing sets. As for the graffiti I am painting something on one of the walls in my backyard. Still working out exactly what though.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Two new hobbies in one week. A personal record.

I started with legos when I was 3 and got sets every year until I was about 13. Great stuff.

If I ever have lots of money to blow on nothing, I'm buying about every set ever and recreating the Star Wars Universe.
    Skud

Comment

I still have a motley collection of Legos under my bed. :D It's a lot of fun building what you like and using your imagination and creativity.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        I still have a motley collection of Legos under my bed. :D It's a lot of fun building what you like and using your imagination and creativity.
        Yeah, I'm lucky 'cause I have a 7 yr old son that likes Legos, so I get to play with his! And I always built the kits once and then tore them apart and built WAY cooler stuff on my own...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am treating them along the same lines as my PVCs/resins and using them only for display purposes.

It's a shame how expensive Lego is though. You should see the prices for new in box high demand items like AT-ATs, snowspeeders, etc.

I do plan to expand past Star Wars and Batman lego but I am going to focus on getting SW/Batman first.

Batman isn't too bad but SW is a pain since there are so many kits. Since they are for display I try to only buy the decent sized ones.

I think the most expensive one I have seen so far is this Falcon that is over 1k pieces. It's 500 dollars but it looks amazing. I am hoping I can get it at some point.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Legos are great :D.

When my wife and I got married we got a small Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream cake instead of a big ol' traditional wedding cake. I had to go find appropriate cake-toppers.

Hoth Han and Lea

Of course I had to buy a whole Millennium Falcon set to get them... ah well ;).
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Wow it's just crazy how much lego is going for. I was fighting over a AT-TE in excellent condition with no box just the AT-TE and the clone troopers plus speed bike and manual that the sell wants 250 for buy it now.

The auction is at 133 so I guess this week I will be making a Ultimate Collector's TIE Interceptor or maybe the UC AT-ST. Either that or I might just get this Batman vs the Joker set.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I would die if you could start a trend of Gundam-related grafitti in cities around the world.

Literally, I would not be able to stop laughing.

-Zephyr
                You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                We are not a single game.
                We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Heh. Picture of the top half with a beam saber and the caption reading: "Gundam! Effeminate boys need large toys with an equally large Schwartz!"

Watch any Gundam series and you know it to be true.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X