No announcement yet.

Right/Left brain test -- cool illusion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right/Left brain test -- cool illusion!

This is too freaky. Yes, she will switch directions if you look at her right..

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005375,00.html

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Right/Left brain test -- cool illusion!

Well I guess I'm more right brained, which goes against everything I've ever felt about myself :)

EDIT: I couldn't get her to spin counterclockwise for a long time, but after I focused on the shadow of her foot, I could concentrate and get her to spin counterclockwise
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Hmm, at first look it was turning clockwise. I looked at it again after reading through all those attributes, and it turned counter-clockwise without me having to re-focus. I then stare at it for 2 minutes and its again clockwise. I wonder if you have some attributes from both sides, with no one side having much more than the other, it makes it easier to switch?

My brain hurts.

Comment

I see her spinning clockwise, does that make me stuipid.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

The direction changing is forced, as in rather than you changing her direction by staring or whatnot, the person that made the image has her rotating counter-clockwise for a bit then changing to clockwise. If you don't believe me, just watch her long enough and she'll change several times. There's a skip/stutter before the change of direction, it's very forced.

There are some rotational things that can seem to be rotating one way to some people and another way to others, and can be changed with your concentration, but this isn't one of them. For anyone that plays WoW, look from behind at a shaman in ghost wolf form with lightning shield up. The ball of lightning can seem to be rotating either way, and you can change it with concentration.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Haha! You don't believe it Tarpan? It is legitimate. For example, if I look right at her, I see her spinning one way, but out of the corner of my eye, she appears to be spinning in the opposite.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I saw clockwise first. Does that mean we have a lot of artists at TG?! :D

Comment

I don't believe in the right brain, left brain stuff. I'm VERY left brained, but I usually see it going clockwise. Also, most that I've shown it to (and they're mostly programmers - hence left brained) also see it clockwise at first.

Comment

clockwise, right brained...ohhh, I'm right handed too, coincidence? I think not!
                  <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Comment

Nice illusion! This animated GIF has 34 frames.

Frames 1-24 rotate the dancer clockwise, 25 to 34 counterclockwise. I guess that explains why most people see it rotating CW :row__577:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Edit: I dunno, I can't get it to switch unless I pause the image. It won't switch while its moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                        Nice illusion! This animated GIF has 34 frames.

Frames 1-24 rotate the dancer clockwise, 25 to 34 counterclockwise. I guess that explains why most people see it rotating CW :row__577:

DB
                        Yep, that seems to be correct. You know I didn't even see that the first time I looked at the frames. I still can't seem to figure out a way to consistently be able to see both ways.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Well both my wife and I can look at it and see it going different directions. (counter vs clockwise and clockwise vs counter). The trick I used was covering her body except for her feet until they switch directions. Then I take my hand away and she’s changed. Very interesting.
                          |TG| Yanu - Bad handwriting since the 8th grade.

Comment

I can easily see both, but im not convinced i am changing it. I always see a stutter before it changes for me like someone said. Might be me blinking or eye changing focus or something though.

First saw CCW, opened page again and got CW
                            "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

Originally posted by Yanu View Post
                              Well both my wife and I can look at it and see it going different directions. (counter vs clockwise and clockwise vs counter). The trick I used was covering her body except for her feet until they switch directions. Then I take my hand away and she’s changed. Very interesting.
                              ditto!! covering the body (only seeing the foot) works to switch directions - AND - I saw it going CW at the same time my wife was watching it spin CCW... it really is an illusion.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X