X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a President

Just like match.com:row__523:

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Re: Pick a President

The good news is that at least one of the guys near the top on my list actually has a chance. Duncan Hunter 56, Fred Thompson 56. Apparently I disagree with them both on their energy policy.

Lucky Shot

Comment

LOL, those were my two top guys. 55 and 50 points respectively.
      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

You guys are in the 50s? My top score was a 30.

My top 2 were the same as yours though, weird. Duncan Hunter followed by Fred Thompson, and I disagree with their energy policy. :)

Comment

Kucinich, apparently. I got in the high 40s for the agreeable candidates. I bet setting more "very important" buttons would have driven the scores up.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

I pick William Clinton (aka Bill Clinton). At least we weren't in a large budget deficit under him. Plus we would have had "universal" healthcare by now. Instead we will lose Social Security, have a 4+ year war still going on, and very high healthcare costs.

Edit:

Hilarious!

I'm split 50/50 with Obama and Clinton. :D In reality, I am split between the two candidates. Funny how that thing figures stuff out...
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Rudy 45
              Ron Paul 44
              Dennis Kucinich 36

There wasn't a liberal enough option for the immigration component. I evidently only disagree with Rudy on Iraq, the death penalty, and energy. I'm pretty sure he and I don't agree on immigration either.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I had Rudy tops, and then Hillary. Go figure.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Rudy and McCain topped my list, which was what i figured it would be. Rudy has a questionable personal life which for whatever silly reason is very important to a lot of republicans, so i doubt he'll get the nomination. McCain certainly has a good chance though.

Man, if Hillary becomes president Canada is going to look mighty appealing :D

Comment

I got chris dodd as my number 1 :\

I'm a ron paul guy, though. Sorry Chris.

Comment

The immigration question was a little on the ridiculous side.
                      ---
                      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

You know.. I'm a little surprised by my top guys.. Chris Dodd and Joe Biden? Seriously? Damn, I guess I'm a little more to the left than I thought. Fred Thompson is last on my list with a score of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                          There wasn't a liberal enough option for the immigration component.
                          Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                          The immigration question was a little on the ridiculous side.
                          Yeah, I noticed that too. It was like, they placed the "middle of the road" answer along side 3 conservative answers of different degrees, and left all the democratic candidates out in the cold.

Then again, it probably makes more sense once you realize that most of the words in immigration policies are carefully chosen codewords. For example, while all 4 options were officially "against amnesty", the "guest worker program" option is probably intended to reflect the "amnesty lite" types of guest worker programs that have actually been proposed, rather than what most reasonable people would think of if you told them to design a guest worker program.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                            Yeah, I noticed that too. It was like, they placed the "middle of the road" answer along side 3 conservative answers of different degrees, and left all the democratic candidates out in the cold.

Then again, it probably makes more sense once you realize that most of the words in immigration policies are carefully chosen codewords. For example, while all 4 options were officially "against amnesty", the "guest worker program" option is probably intended to reflect the "amnesty lite" types of guest worker programs that have actually been proposed, rather than what most reasonable people would think of if you told them to design a guest worker program.
                            Democrats are traditionally hard on immigration.
                            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I dunno about "traditionally", but they certainly haven't been recently. The pro-immigrant forces represent about 2/3 of the Democrats and 1/3 or so of the Republicans. Not exactly totally partisan, but there's definately a liberal slant to it.

But the point was there were no actual pro-immigrant answers on the test, which remains true regardless of whether thats a liberal or conservative position.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X