The reality.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reality.

Our reality is plainly seen- we do and do, but our bodies die. We humans are are searching for knowledge and searching for new things, yet most of all these new things do no good to keep us alive, for long. Man has the ability to live very long and still be prosperous from hard work, yet oddly enough many do not do what is needed and get fat and die- Super Size Me syndrome. People have holes in their hearts that need to be filled, but what do they do- buy toys and food, be a hedonist, look for the fountain of youth, take out their anger on others because of insecurities, and try to suicide, or they will look for religion, or popularity. I personaly think religion is acceptable but not the others.

A name that is sought can be sought by people who buy things for the stuff as a status quo or others seek popularity by detracting all integritty of their foe- whether the foe is right or wrong. This offensive tactic tends to be seen in children and in the work-place; the attacker is often thin skinned and very insecure and without support from parents or good influencial people. Sad that such activity is seen. Now the person who buys things to fill the hole tends to use little of the property and tends to be a braggert.

Another type of hole fixers are the hedonists. The hedonists do what ever is pleasurable to them. They tend to do anything that will be a new experience, whether sexual, dangerous, or just fast food diet for a time. These kind of people tend to be arrogent and selfserving. They are rather a danger to themselves and to society- a large group of them can be seen on tv, can you say 'Jack ass.'

Some look for eternal youth and beauty- this is only vainglory that will spread the seeds of jealousy and deciet that will only bring destruction. Science can never give eternal life for man- our bodies just cannot have it anymore.

There is always the classic bully. The bully is the one who has few friends, but those he does, are only his out of fear. He can also be one who throws his weight around when he has the power to control people; he may degrade, steal, other kinds of evil things when he feels a low moment in his emotions. If one has a bully as a boss, he might dock some of you pay; if one has a bully as a teacher, he may dock a large grade percentage just based on his thoughts of you. Bullies never seem to grow out of this problem because of their lack of self-esteam issues created by their parents. The problem with the bully is that it can rarely be fixed in later adulthood- only an act of God can fix the problem.

Others just plain suicide to get past their hole; these people essecialy fall into their whole. They are so depressed that they kill themselves just to get away from their problems. Only love and help and supervision can help this from happening.

And there is religion. Religion is a very effective filler for the hole in one's heart. It can be a way to show a guiding light to the path of eternal life in heaven. The sad thing about religion, is that their is one out there that is real, but man is blind to that true one. No matter what religion you are following, you must understand that all are variants of the original. One must consider, what religion that were started thousands of years ago are still accurate in the fields of history, archeology, geography, and science. Now I would like to point out science, when I speak of science I mean true science, not psuedoscience or out and out lies. If any religion has something in the previous stated areas of study, then it must be studied harder inorder to find the truth. Lastly, only the true God will let us into heaven and if we did not truly follow then we will not have eternal life. It is sad though to see so many to be turned off by past deeds done by dictators ruling Europe under the name of Christ, even though the people did no wrong.

All in all, man has a hole in its spirit and we cannot fix it. We try to fix the hole but it does not work, so all fall short and die.

BeSiege82

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: The reality.

Welcome to the crisis of self-satisfaction. As cliche as it may seem, my advice to you is simple: don't give up. Find for yourself what you desire.

Oh and don't watch TV, install an ad-blocker on your web browser, and try to learn as much as you can about what sparks your interest. To do so, I'd recommend downloading a RSS program and looking for what interests you in many different areas of human activity.

The biggest danger you can face is that of letting other people or devices tell you what your needs are. Nothing is more demoralizing than realizing you are a slave to a system of needs dictated not by yourself but by people who manipulate society for their own benefit.

-Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Some look for eternal youth and beauty- this is only vainglory that will spread the seeds of jealousy and deciet that will only bring destruction. Science can never give eternal life for man- our bodies just cannot have it anymore.
      There may be a time where men can extend their biological lives for hundreds if not thousands of years through technology (or failing that, transfer our consciousness to an artificial medium). How would modern religion cope with such a transition? It's not eternal life, but it drastically changes the human condition.

And there is religion. Religion is a very effective filler for the hole in one's heart. It can be a way to show a guiding light to the path of eternal life in heaven. The sad thing about religion, is that their is one out there that is real, but man is blind to that true one. No matter what religion you are following, you must understand that all are variants of the original. One must consider, what religion that were started thousands of years ago are still accurate in the fields of history, archeology, geography, and science. Now I would like to point out science, when I speak of science I mean true science, not psuedoscience or out and out lies. If any religion has something in the previous stated areas of study, then it must be studied harder inorder to find the truth. Lastly, only the true God will let us into heaven and if we did not truly follow then we will not have eternal life. It is sad though to see so many to be turned off by past deeds done by dictators ruling Europe under the name of Christ, even though the people did no wrong.
      Religion is not a filler of heart for all, though. It's a comfort for some, but it provides a delusional promise at its core. Nobody knows what comes (if anything) after absolute death. It's up to individuals to decide what they want to believe will happen, and find a way to live with it.

Lastly, only the true God will let us into heaven and if we did not truly follow then we will not have eternal life.
      This enforces that humans are slaves to a divine power. He is the master, we are the slaves, and we must follow his rules for our own good. Humans are meant to be their own masters, not to be subservient to some sort of "God". There are limits of course, but those should be created out of a mutual understanding of human nature to curb its excesses, rather than basing it off of a loosely interpreted, heavily edited religious doctrine.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

All religions are not variants of an original. And many of them don't even include a 'heaven'. Christianity is certainly a variant of a previous faith, though.

When you're not under the influence, try rewriting that post. I think clear minded, you might have had some interesting views to discuss. As it stands I can't even make sense of all your lines.
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
        That noob who crashed the chopper.
        That noob who ran over the mine.
        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

All religions are just attempts to create some semblance of meaning to the things humans see around them.

In that particular regard, "science" is a religion all its own.

Comment

I never thought I would ever see someone label the folks from 'Jackass' as hedonists...

When I retire and can stop sacrificing to provide for my family, I'm going to become a hedonist.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              I never thought I would ever see someone label the folks from 'Jackass' as hedonists...

When I retire and can stop sacrificing to provide for my family, I'm going to become a hedonist.
              Hedonism is good times, man. Good times.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I subscibe to the hedonist philosophy. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

life is too short to drink crappy beer.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                    All religions are just attempts to create some semblance of meaning to the things humans see around them.

In that particular regard, "science" is a religion all its own.
                    I completely agree with this, but I'd also add my belief that humankind will someday evolve past religious ritual and belief. We are currently living in a world in which religious conflict is still the main ingredient of cultural conflict among our species.

Comment

oh no, not the science is religion argument again? didnt we do that in the pirates thread a while back?

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                        We are currently living in a world in which religious conflict is still the main ingredient of cultural conflict among our species.
                        Is that so? ;]
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                          oh no, not the science is religion argument again? didnt we do that in the pirates thread a while back?
                          Probably, but obviously we're not done because we haven't convinced you yet. :row__523:

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                            There may be a time where men can extend their biological lives for hundreds if not thousands of years through technology (or failing that, transfer our consciousness to an artificial medium). How would modern religion cope with such a transition? It's not eternal life, but it drastically changes the human condition.
                            I'll be hornswoggled if there's something I hate worse than religious discussions on message boards, but I've gotta question 'bout this.

How long is long enough to live to where it cancels out the whole dieing part. I mean, if there is nothing after what we experience here and if when the synapses in my brain stop firing I cease to be, then does it really matter how long I live? Is there a difference between living 10 years and dieing and not remembering what I've done (or ceasing to exist to even be able to realize I don't remember) and living 115,000 years and dieing and still end up at some point not existing to remember all the stuff I accomplished in those years? It seems like death is a big multiply by zero. I'm probably completely off base with all this stuff, but I just feel like I'm missing something.
                            sigpic

Comment

How long is long enough to live to where it cancels out the whole dieing part. I mean, if there is nothing after what we experience here and if when the synapses in my brain stop firing I cease to be, then does it really matter how long I live? Is there a difference between living 10 years and dieing and not remembering what I've done (or ceasing to exist to even be able to realize I don't remember) and living 115,000 years and dieing and still end up at some point not existing to remember all the stuff I accomplished in those years? It seems like death is a big multiply by zero. I'm probably completely off base with all this stuff, but I just feel like I'm missing something.
                              Dying is an involuntary cease of function by our bodies due to the breakdown of our biological systems. If you were able to for example, copy your brainwaves, neural patterns, memory into an artificial format, would you still be considered "human" even if you retained your personality and all your current traits? Or even a possibility in the near future, putting microchips inside your brain with memory storage systems so you could remember everything with the accuracy of a computer.

If 115,000 years had passed and technology allowed you to live this long, I'd imagine that death would largely become a voluntary option for individuals, at least until the resources needed to keep your body alive ran out. So involuntary death would still exist, but it could be stalled for a very long period of time. Someone wanting to actually live that long would be a completely different matter.

I think the idea that a great oblivion after we die, seems to be a waste of existance because we want to feel that our lives had led up to something, or a great climax (entrance to eternal happiness) validates our journey through life. If you believe that there is nothing after this life, it puts the emphasis that what you're doing right now with life is what matters. Rather than something like Christianity, where you're promised a reward after death for living according to God's rules.

I completely agree with this, but I'd also add my belief that humankind will someday evolve past religious ritual and belief. We are currently living in a world in which religious conflict is still the main ingredient of cultural conflict among our species.
                              I believe that humans will, in the face of unsettling truths, still prefer to cling to religious ideas as an escape from the harshness of reality. Even if our species moves beyond religion, it is likely conflict whether through religion or different schools of thought, will still exist among us much as it has throughout our history. Those who choose to practice religious beliefs, as long as it doesn't violate the liberty of others, should be free to do so just as much as those without belief.
                              Last edited by aeroripper; 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM.
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X