Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bag jacket saves motorcyclist

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14328936/detail.html

Pretty damn cool if you ask me, didn't even know these things were around. A jacket that hooks onto your bike like a key on your waverunner, and if you get tossed it breaks the connection and activates CO2 cartridges to inflate the jacket around you.

They mention that motorcycle officers are using them as well. Any of our officers here know if their departments have invested in these?
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Air bag jacket saves motorcyclist

According to police, McPhatter was ejected 100 feet, hitting the ground at an impact rate of 140 mph.

Police said that McPhatter might have been severely injured had it not been for the Impact Jacket he was wearing -- a jacket that inflates like an air bag when a motorcyclist is in an wreck.
    Screw severe injury. He woulda been killed
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I've seen a few guys around the Springs wearing these.

Comment

If I had a bike, I'd get one. And then I'd have to get it repacked several times from walking away from my bike without disconnecting it. :-P
        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

What happens when the circuitry malfunctions and your vest blows up while you're flying down the freeway?

Give me triple redundancy on the control circuit, please.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X