The new US $20 bill...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new US $20 bill...

http://www.moneyfactory.com/newmoney/ (If I were running the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, I'd use a more serious sounding domain name...)

Yes...
    66.67%
    No...
    0.00%
    yes i do
    11.11%
    nope
    11.11%
    Yes. Ban them before X minutes. (please supply X in your post)
    0.00%
    Yes. Ban them before two hives.
    0.00%
    Yes. But if you nerf Onos, nerf HA.
    0.00%
    No. Marines need to suck it up and fight like men.
    0.00%
    I've got another idea.
    0.00%
    Hey, we just got a new $20 bill a few years back, I have to get used to ANOTHER new one?
    0.00%
    The OLD $20 bill.
    0.00%
    Whoa, look at the pretty colors! This new one is the best!
    0.00%
    I don't care, it all spends the same...
    11.11%
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

The new one, with two reasonings... one personal, and one not so personal. First, I was.. well.. entertained.. by the color and artwork on the bills of the European countries I visited years ago, and there's a bit of nostalgia in it for me anytime I see our currency grow in its hue diversity. :) Second, I'm all for anything that prevents counterfeiting.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

..............and of course ANYTHING that makes it easier for us poor foreigners to identify one bill from another......don't suppose they could add some more colours do you......green is nice but??!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        I was.. well.. entertained.. by the color and artwork on the bills of the European countries I visited years ago, and there's a bit of nostalgia in it for me anytime I see our currency grow in its hue diversity. :)
        I'm all for good looking currency, but I must say, it worries me when they talked about eliminating the color green as the dominant color of our bills. Just think of how our currency and the color green are entertwined...

I want our money to stay green....
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo
          ..............and of course ANYTHING that makes it easier for us poor foreigners to identify one bill from another......don't suppose they could add some more colours do you......green is nice but??!! :D
          LOL... Funny that you posted this while I was typing my last post...

The big numbers in the corners are too confusing for you? :D
          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Second, I'm all for anything that prevents counterfeiting.
            Y'know, I've been looking over the Treasury's website, and I don't see any additional security features that the last bill didn't have...

The only thing I see is that the added colors make it harder for the good counterfeiters, while the security features make it harder for the scanner/inkjet counterfeiters...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I like but if Jackson's head gets any big we all will be in trouble LOL
              WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

The new one, with two reasonings... one personal, and one not so personal. First, I was.. well.. entertained.. by the color and artwork on the bills of the European countries I visited years ago, and there's a bit of nostalgia in it for me anytime I see our currency grow in its hue diversity. :) Second, I'm all for anything that prevents counterfeiting.

Wyzcrak
                Geesh you would think the number and and dollars clearly stated on the bill would be enough !

Guess some foreiners cant read English our native tounge taken from across the pond and perfected by us... lmaooooo
                Was that Diablo flying that helio ?

Comment

Is it just me or does Andrew look like he could be tweaking?
                  "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo
                    Guess some foreiners cant read English our native tounge taken from across the pond and perfected by us... lmaooooo
                    DANGER, THIS PICTURE CONTAINS A NAUGHTY WORD.

To address the topic, I have a profound loathing for that putrid "peach" color they've chosen to use.

Also, ten years from now: "waht is greenbacks precious"

Edit: It just occurred to me that the portrait is still too centered. Fold that sucker a few thousand times and see how many vending machines take it. (Unless, of course, they've mastered some mystical method of making the magnetic ink stick better than it does now...)

Comment

Edit: It just occurred to me that the portrait is still too centered. Fold that sucker a few thousand times and see how many vending machines take it. (Unless, of course, they've mastered some mystical method of making the magnetic ink stick better than it does now...)
                      Yeah.. makes it hard to use my money clip... (not that I have anything to put in it mind you.. but still difficult none the less)
                      Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Umm...can you count???

20 is the same in english as it is in french or anything else...

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
                          Umm...can you count???

20 is the same in english as it is in french or anything else...

Ah yes, but when all us "rich" foreigners come to the US we have so many of those green things :shock: that they tend to all look the same after a while!! :D

Plus of course, when denominations are colour coded as in England (ie) 5 is green - 10 is brown - 20 is mauve and 50 is a nice reddish hue,
                          there can be no way you would give a hot dog seller a $20 bill by mistake and get $1 change............ergo instant recognition by colour (and of course the number printed as you so rightly point out) but that's an expensive hot dog!!

..........besides if you don't change the colour immediately we will stop sending you all our old age pensioners to spend their money in your country (poor dears can't see much at their age) :D

Comment

...................and if not we'll send you "the EURO"!! :evil: :D :D

Comment

NEWLY REDESIGNED $20 BILL ENTERS CIRCULATION IN NASHVILLE
                              Tennessee Businesses Prepare for New Notes Following First Transaction in Nashville

NASHVILLE October 9, 2003
                              I would like to hurry and get my hands on this to see what it looks like up close .. Looks pretty.
                              WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X