Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkeys kill city official

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

I don't know what's worse; that monkeys could now be labeled terrorists, or that the city's solution to the monkey problems is bigger monkeys.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Monkeys kill city official

As long as the strong religious views keep the Monkey's sacred, there's not much they can do. There is fine line when using one animal to control another. I'm sure they could loose some big cats in the area, but that's going to create a whole other situation.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Part of the problem is that devout Hindus believe monkeys are manifestations of the monkey god Hanuman and feed them bananas and peanuts -- encouraging them to frequent public places.
      That may be true, but the fact that the Monkeys appear to be accepting hitman contracts to take out elected officials may become a bigger part of the problem.

Comment

I don't know what's worse; that monkeys could now be labeled terrorists, or that the city's solution to the monkey problems is bigger monkeys.
        Mark my words, we are rapidly descending into a Monkey Arms Race, as nations attempt to breed (or frightfully, BUILD) monkeys with larger, more and more powerful arms. We are on the precipice of a Cold Monkey War.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
          strong religious views keep the Monkey's sacred
          I still don't see the problem with killing them.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Killing is monkeybusiness.
            --
            VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
              I still don't see the problem with killing them.

It's kind of like the cow problem. They are often allowed to wander the cities as well, again because they are revered in the local religion. To them it would be a great dishonor. Kind of like drawing Mohammed Cartoons in Islamic countries or having a giant Bible burning in Vatican city. Not going to go over all that well.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Or proclaiming Ghost Recon sucks very loudly.

:p
                I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Haha, I seem to recall a Simpsons episode where they fixed animal problems by getting bigger ones.

If this were on video, I would give it a few minutes before somebody put it with 'I wanna be like you' from Disney's Jungle Book and slapped that sucker on YouTube. :P
                  ---------------
                  Doc-in-training

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...