"Don't tase me bro" cops cleared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't tase me bro" cops cleared

Duh, how could they not be? They were 100% justified in their actions.

Go ahead, bring on the anti-cop rhetoric from the peanut gallery.

http://www.wftv.com/news/14413428/detail.html

Re: "Don't tase me bro" cops cleared

Right on. They did their jobs.

Comment

Not only did they do thier jobs, the entire thing was entertaining as hell.

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
        Not only did they do thier jobs, the entire thing was entertaining as hell.
        Seconded. :p

Comment

if only every incident like this gave us a hilarious catch phrase.

Comment

What you mean a rich brat did not get his way?

Good. This kid should be charged and thrown in jail.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Good.

He was begging for it by yelling dont tase me.
              Skud

Comment

Whatever. Disappointing, but I'm still buying a "Don't tase me, bro!" T-shirt: http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/donttasemebro/male

It's a sad day when saying stupid crap to cops gets a man put down. Since when are we so afraid of speech?
                Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

"Officers decide not to escalate to hard empty hand strikes, kicks, knees or baton ... (it) would have looked like the officers were beating Meyer into submission," the report said.
                  The officers are clearly against beating someone into submission, tasing them into submission is A-OK!
                  |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                  That noob who crashed the chopper.
                  That noob who ran over the mine.
                  That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                  That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                    Good.

He was begging for it by yelling dont tase me.

I guess this means I shouldn't wear a don't tase me shirt to the protests on saturday?

(shameless plug: http://oct27th.org/)

Comment

The lesson here is do exactly what the government, and it's agents, tells you. Do not deviate from that and do not raise your voice or you will be punished. The punishment will be decided, and delivered, by the police.

Don't like it? Tough. We are all afraid and consider every individual a potential threat. Due to this fear we should just give up and do whatever the government says is best for us. Really, that will be best and we will all be much safer.

And if you question any of this you will be labeled a commie liberal wussy or something like that.
                      Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Silas Ender View Post
                        Whatever. Disappointing, but I'm still buying a "Don't tase me, bro!" T-shirt: http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/donttasemebro/male

It's a sad day when saying stupid crap to cops gets a man put down. Since when are we so afraid of speech?
                        Since when are we so fond of trespassing? Once you get told to leave my house, the fact that you're yelling about incoherent conspiracy theories doesn't mean your conduct is somehow protected from interruption.

Free speech means he is able to go have his OWN event; it does not mean he has the right to ruin someone else's. If you are told to leave my house, and you do not, I will happily defenestrate you into compliance. And as long as you agree he did not have the right to ruin that event by continuing to shout after being told to leave, then everything else about their conduct has to be viewed through that lens: they had to remove him, since he would not willingly remove himself. And the Taser is the safest way of doing that.
                        ---
                        Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                          Since when are we so fond of trespassing? Once you get told to leave my house, the fact that you're yelling about incoherent conspiracy theories doesn't mean your conduct is somehow protected from interruption.
                          It isn't that the dude was arrested. He should have been arrested. But a judge should have determined his punishment, not the cops. The cops punished him for being disruptive. It is not the cops job to determine if somebody should be punished.

Some of you law and order types are having a very hard time seeing that some people believe it is up to a persons peers or a judge to determine guilt and, if guilty, punishment.

You also fail to see that we see the use of force by police as a very negative thing.

And as far as the "we are protecting you" goes. Bull. You can't protect anybody. I have asked twice in the past for protection from authorities and neither time did protection come. They basically told me I was on my own. Call 911, if I could, and wait the 10-30 minutes for somebody to show up. At first I was bitter but then I realized that cops cannot protect me if I wish to maintain my liberties. I don't even think I wanted them to provide protection in those instances. It wouldn't be worth the price.

So now I don't expect cops to protect anything or anybody. Instead I expect them to enforce the small laws in a consistent manner. Buy they don't even do that. Oh, they can taser a loudmouth brat or a stupid drunk chick. Be big bad enforcers of the law. But don't ask them to enforce even simple things like littering and speed limits. Every day I see people going at least 10 mph over the speed limit. They don't get pulled over. I asked a cop I knew why they didn't write tickets for things like littering. She told me it wasn't worth the work. Probably the person would only get some kind of deferred sentence. Then I kinda pissed her off because I said "Well, what the judge does isn't really your concern. Your job is to write that ticket for littering. You are so lazy you won't do your job? Why am I paying your salary." It went down hill from there. Basically she fell back on the whole "I protect you " blah blah blah. And I told her my stories of non-protection and she had very little to say after that. Then I suggested that if she would enforce the little things maybe the big things would never come up because the bad guys might actually respect the law......

So you see I like the fact that this guy was arrested. I don't like the fact he was tasered.

I get the distinct feeling that many who cheer the cops actions do so because they feel that the judge/jury would not properly punish this person. They are happy because this guy gets what he deserves and no judge or jury can take that away.

And JMJ. I think you forget that you are supposed to serve those, like me, in the peanut gallery. That those in the peanut gallery have a say even if you don't like it. (And obviously you don't like anybody questioning your actions.) And you think it is anti-cop? No, not anti-cop. It is, for me, wanting to limit governments role in day to day life. You forget that you are, basically, a tool of the government. Nothing more.

In this specific case what would have happened if the cops did not arrive? How would the situation resolved itself? My guess is just fine.
                          Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

What a joke. An American citizen practicing his first amendment right is tazered by some over zealous policemen and than they are cleared by the same organization that created the rules. Where is the independent civilian review? Stalin is applauding.
                            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                            - Check me out on The Onion
                            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Gringo, you say he "should have been arrested." Last I checked, being arrested means that you are in custody, not free to leve on yoru own, etc.

Could you please explain how a cop is supposed to "arrest" someone unwilling to comply with verbal instructions without becoming physical? And how just because physical contact is initiated it somehow became punishment? He wasn't punished...he was made to comply with something you say yourself "should" have been happening, namely his arrest.
                              ---
                              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X