Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Volunteers for a project on the Holocaust..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Volunteers for a project on the Holocaust..

So, I am taking an educational measurements class this semester, and have needed to develop a project for students to complete that I would grade according to guidelines I have established. The thing is, I don't have any actual students at the right grade level to do this assignment, and I need to have 3 completed tests to grade and attach to my project.

This is where your generosity comes in!

I need two more volunteers to take part in completing this assignment for me. I will grade your work, and hand in the graded version to my Professor on Thursday.

This assignment should actually be enjoyable to complete. Here is the assignment as my students would see it:

As we have discussed in class, German society became increasingly hostile towards its Jewish citizens after Hitler came to power in 1933. In this project, you will demonstrate your understanding of the break down of Jewish rights in Germany that led to the Holocaust by assuming the role of a Jewish citizen in Germany.

Background Information:

The year is 1939, right after Germany invaded Poland and started World War II. You have been witnessing the numerous changes in German society, and have decided the time has come to attempt to flee Germany before things get any worse.

You decide to write a letter to your sister, who lives in the United States, to ask her if you can move to America and stay with her. Your sister has not lived in Germany for a number of years, and has no idea of the dire situation you are in. You will need to explain to her in detail exactly what has been unfolding in Germany by citing specific examples of changes in laws and events that have led you to try to flee your homeland. The greater the detail, the more convincing your letter will be to your sister.

Do your best to put yourself into the shoes of a Jewish German refugee in 1939 to truly get a feel for the situation they were in. Most importantly, have fun with this assignment, and show me how creative you can be.
    Would I be able to convince a couple of you to actually DO this assignment for me? I will give you a timeline of events in Germany prior to the Holocaust, so you have some solid facts that you can incorporate into your letter. Also, I'll give you the rubric I will be using to grade the project, so you can see exactly what the expectations are. You do not need to do an exceptional job at this, either.. I'd hate to have all of the papers I grade be perfect.

Anyone want to help?

Please oh please?

Re: Need Volunteers for a project on the Holocaust..

What grade level are you looking for? Should someone maybe ask their kids to do this?
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by luna View Post
      The thing is, I don't have any actual students at the right grade level to do this assignment...
      As Switch points out, a clarification of what the "right grade level" is would be helpful.

Comment

This project is for students around the 11th grade. My Professor has mentioned that it's unlikely we will have access to living, breathing students, in which case it's acceptable to use our colleagues to give us some data to work with. That's where you guys come in! :)

Anyone? This needs to be done by tomorrow night so it can be graded and put into my project for Thursday AM. I already have one blessed volunteer who whipped it together last night for me without too much trouble. Can I possibly get a couple more of you to lend a hand to a desperate teacher in the making?

Comment

How long. I know that there's little guideline but i can make it any length since my class is currently studying the holocaust and i could probably pitch in my two cents. Also do i have to give out my name or can i go by an alias. It can be typed right or do i have to turn in my crappy handwriting.
          Last edited by Sir-Nerd; 10-30-2007, 09:15 PM.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

You can absolutely type it, and the length is up to you. I'll give you the rubric so you can see what I'll be grading it on, and you can do it however you'd like. No, you don't need to use your real name in the letter, although I personally would like to put your real name on the letter so I have a legitimate test subject. You don't need to say it here, publically, though- just include it in your email that you send your letter in.

Comment

Sorry i checked my schedule for tomorrow and i'm booked. Les me see the rubric though and ill see what i can do.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I'll help, I'm PMing you email/contact info.
                |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                That noob who crashed the chopper.
                That noob who ran over the mine.
                That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

When is this due? Is it something I can work on over the weekend?

And, could I maybe change the subject of the letter to my sister to "Escaping Nazi Germany to avoid the Zombie Apocalypse"? If not, I understand. I'd also be willing to do it if I can write to my American sister from the point of view of BJ Blazkowicz. ;D
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I have a great book suggestion if you want some "visuals" for your Holocaust presentation audience (or yourself):

I just read the first one and will be getting the second one. I highly recommend it.

In some ways, it's an autobiography by Art of himself (and probably also a biography of his father as well).
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This thing is over with. Luna said it would be done on Thursday.
                      Hope you got everything you need Luna.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X