Favorite Game Ever!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Game Ever!

What is the most fun you've ever had playing a video game? and why? Console, PC, Hand Held, Pong, anything.

1. Game (Mod?)

2. Reason

Re: Favorite Game Ever!

Starcraft was the first online multiplayer game that I ever owned. I probably never would have played anything other than Civ if it weren't for Blizzard.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Unbelievably hard question!!!

I mean...I love playing ArmA....
      ...I loved playing BF2 Tac Mod and PR...
      ...I spent countless hours in arcades playing Firefox, Pole Position, and the like...
      ...I left a permanent impression on the floor in my parent's living room where I would sit playing Pitfall Harry on the orignal Atari, or Track & Field on ColecoVision, or Zelda on the NES...

...but...

..the most fun 3v3r was the summer of 1987 at Old Orchard Beach in Maine. One night my brother and I stood at the same Double Dragon machine and played it from start to end (dropping about $20 in quarters in the process). The smell of hotdogs, popcorn, cotton candy, and salt air wafting through the arcade pavillion. The cheers of the onlookers as we defeated Willy the Shadow Boss. And then finally, After I defeated my brother to win the affection of the the precious Marian, I stood under the clear night sky and relished the sweet taste of victory...that was the most fun video game experience I ever had.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Easy...well kinda hard. Either Final Fantasy 1 or 10.

1. My pick would be Final Fantasy 10 for PS2.

2. I have spent countless hours playing FF10. I have beat the games several times and it will never get old. I love building up my sphere grid to build everyones ability.

I just might play it again:)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Janes Longbow 2...

Fantastic dynamic campaign, fantastic birds to fly (three of them), details, realism (mission and equipment wise), and the first PC game I played in multi-player, and that was with 2 phone lines each... one was a speaker phone for comms, and the other was a 56k modem to connect to someone in New York with the same 2 phone set up... we played for 4 hours, excellent missions... and I knew then that Multi-player was going to be BIG one day. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

One time at a go-kart place I got the highscore on an Alien vs. Predator arcade game.

Oh, and I regularly run through time crisis games for a few bucks. Apparently it takes me ~20 minutes and $2.50 to beat Time Crisis 2.

In conclusion, my favorite game is Ski Free.

http://ski.ihoc.net/

Comment

Tie Fighter for the PC. Great Story and Great Game. X-wing and the CD versions were good too, but the original on 3.5" that came with the little novel was amazing.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I've had some great times playing various games (FF1 and Half-Life come immediately to mind, as well as many many instances of Natural Selection).

But pound-for-pound, I'd have to say the second Badger Hunt. I can't say as I've had that much fun in that short amount of time ever before or since.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Star Trek Voyager Elite Force

My introduction to both FPSs and online gaming. It's essentially Quake 3 with a Star Trek theme.

Honorable mentions go to Natural Selection, King's Quest V, Jazz Jackrabbit, Perfect Dark...I'll try to stop there :p

Comment

BF 1942 is my fav and most played game of all time.

Over the years I played a lot of games I have enjoyed a whole lot but none as much as 1942.

Some of my others would be...
                    River City Ransom (NES)
                    Buck Rogers (GEN)
                    Golden Eye/Perfect Dark (N64)
                    Call of Duty
                    And of course PoE1 & 2
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                      I've had some great times playing various games (FF1 and Half-Life come immediately to mind, as well as many many instances of Natural Selection).

But pound-for-pound, I'd have to say the second Badger Hunt. I can't say as I've had that much fun in that short amount of time ever before or since.
                      Ooh, if that was the one where I teamed up with Wyz, that WAS some of the most heart-racing gaming I've ever had... Incredible...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

M.U.L.E.

Wumpus hunting, 'nuff said.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

It is either the original Civ (on the Amiga) or Starcraft.

Both games are almost perfect examples of what is a good game.

The Battle field series is another one.

My criteria is "can I go back to it years later and still find it enjoyable"?

But if I had to pick one?

Battle Civ Craft!
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Punch-Out or Zelda 2

Comment

Leisure Suit Larry 1, Space Quest 3, or Hero's Quest 1(Quest for Glory 1)....just can not beat old MS-DOS typing interaction games
                              |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X