Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Drug Officer Shows Users How to Avoid Arrest

Originally posted by NPR
    A former top narcotics officer, credited with over 800 arrests in eight years, is now selling a DVD that shows marijuana users how to avoid arrest when traveling with a stash. Law enforcement officials are outraged.
    Interesting article and information. Especially the profiling, because "it works." I agree with the ex-LEO that MJ laws are totalitarian, but I'm not sure how I feel that he is spending his energy teaching folks to circumvent the law rather than how to change it.

Hey Cing, did this guy work in Tarrant Co. or did they just interview the commander of the narcotics unit there?
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Ex-Drug Officer Shows Users How to Avoid Arrest

Just click listen on the NPR page and you get the original broadcast.
    <3
    NPR

He says he would stop people for having college stickers, vietnam vet plates, and being a minority because he thought they'd likely have drugs. His department thought he was a great asset until he released this video. I want to know why theres no outrage over the illegal practices he once advocated that are still in use by his department.

Also, I find it funny that when he practiced the same law against the mayors son and people in politics, he lost his job. Corrupt and illegal all around!
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

BoingBoing had some interesting supplemental material on this back in July.

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/27...ever-get-.html
      Beatnik

Comment

*smacks forehead* So my "I bought this car with drug money" bumper sticker is causing all my random traffic stops.?! Stupid stupid stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
          Hey Cing, did this guy work in Tarrant Co. or did they just interview the commander of the narcotics unit there?
          I had never heard of this guy until he started his own business.
          Originally posted by Switch View Post
          He says he would stop people for having college stickers, vietnam vet plates, and being a minority because he thought they'd likely have drugs.
          While I hate to defend this guy, if you're a cop and you see ten people break the law, 9 of them are soccer moms and one of them is a college kid, which one are you going to stop?

Not all profiling is bad or illegal.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            While I hate to defend this guy, if you're a cop and you see ten people break the law, 9 of them are soccer moms and one of them is a college kid, which one are you going to stop?
            The hottest.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              ...if you're a cop and you see ten people break the law, 9 of them are soccer moms and one of them is a college kid, which one are you going to stop?
              The black guy! :row__523: (Sorry, bad joke.)
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by The Article:Cop
                "I don't know how he justifies having played one side of the fence and putting people in jail, and now playing the other side and helping them avoid it," says Herschel Tebay, commander of the Tarrant County Organized Crime Narcotics Unit in Fort Worth. "I don't know how he lives with himself and looks in the mirror."
                Gee I dunno, getting shafted repeatedly (tried to take his kids ffs?) by that same "Justice" system for doing his job (the mayors son, councilmen bit) just might make a fellow a bit bitter.

Just maybe.
                I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                  The black guy! :row__523: (Sorry, bad joke.)
                  ROFL. That was bad!!! So why am I laughing?
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I love this country.

Comment

cool

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I saw the movie and was pretty unimpressed. If some of the things he says are really profound, you HAVE been using too much.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

I think this would be a more valuable resource:
                        http://www.flexyourrights.org/
                        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                        That noob who crashed the chopper.
                        That noob who ran over the mine.
                        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Good link switch. I generally like the idea of how to avoid arrest with pot (due to the irrational and heavy handed laws against it), but he should really spend more time working to change the system for a more permanent solution, in conjunction with the video.
                          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I loved the part where he got so good at profiling and they moved him to the other side of the road...

The information about the dogs is actually very interesting (and useful for some). I've been toying with the idea of getting some of that fox-urine scent he says totally messes up the dogs.
                            I would take it to some summer festival where I know they'll have dogs at the gates, and just spread it around right at the entrance. That would also make an excellent youtube video I bet.

What strikes me about his personal story is off course how he lost his job, but also his background. Particularly interesting is that he had no familiarity at all with the substances at all. As such he was an excellent victim. They made him do things he obviously had moral objections to, as showed when he learned more about the reality of drug use. I can't imagine someone who has in his own lifetime smoked cannabis making arrests like that for a living. The person would have to consider many of his friends serious criminals. He would probably have to arrest some of them even, impounding their house or car while he's at it.

I personally know way too many really good people that used all kinds of things to ever feel there is justification for traumatizing their productive lives.

Comment

Something about this guy reminds me of the DEA agent who was showing that classroom of children how to avoid shooting yourself in the foot. I get the sense that it would be a bad idea, generally, to take this guy's advice without independent verification of every word he writes.

Thinking that unless fox piss becomes in vogue, coating your tires in them seems very likely to get a drug dog's full attention and be difficult to explain in a manner that causes the police to head on down the line. It's suspicious. So I decided to look into this important matter. Trusty Google delivered this gem:

Originally posted by some random pothead site
                              Originally Posted by RESINweber View Post
                              Originally posted by some random pothead poster
                              now that im thinkin about it, it sounds like a scam. Coat your tires in fox urine? Thats gonna totally attract dogs, not only because they will sniff to see whos territory it is, but they will also go wild because foxes are dogs natural prey.
                              yeah but if you have the weed hidden in the dash or somewhere else the dogs will sniff the tires and igonre the weed. the cops will search the wheel wells and **** but they wont find the bud. im stoned so idk but it makes sense to me
                              idk either, little buddy. But I can think of several funny ways that any fox-piss story could end badly. Maybe my next career will be training drug dogs, all of which would be trained to react to fox urine by humping the nearest non-cop's leg double-time while staring into that person's eyes, growling menacingly until called off.

Drug laws are fascist. End them now, braugh! Wooooooo
                              Last edited by leejo; 11-04-2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X