lastest from Pakistan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lastest from Pakistan

Has anyone been watching what has been going on in Pakistan lately? As far as I am concerned, Pakistan eclipses Afghanistan as the central front in the war against Bin Laden's Al Qaeda and its direct supporters and fighters. Political unrest in Pakistan is growing by the day. Forget about Iran developing nuclear weapons - Pakistan has nuclear weapons. We are witnessing a growing insurgency in northern Pakistan and a central government losing influence and control.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/02/wo...2pakistan.html

Events like this support my belief that the efforts of the Bush administration to combat terrorism around the globe have in fact fueled it even more. In relation to the Bush administration, someone once said 'If it is truly a global war on terrorism he wants, a global war he will get.' Lately things certainly seem headed in that direction. It is gravely unfortunate.

Re: lastest from Pakistan

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
    Has anyone been watching what has been going on in Pakistan lately? As far as I am concerned, Pakistan eclipses Afghanistan as the central front in the war against Bin Laden's Al Qaeda and its direct supporters and fighters. Political unrest in Pakistan is growing by the day. Forget about Iran developing nuclear weapons - Pakistan has nuclear weapons. We are witnessing a growing insurgency in northern Pakistan and a central government losing influence and control.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/02/wo...2pakistan.html

Events like this support my belief that the efforts of the Bush administration to combat terrorism around the globe have in fact fueled it even more. In relation to the Bush administration, someone once said 'If it is truly a global war on terrorism he wants, a global war he will get.' Lately things certainly seem headed in that direction. It is gravely unfortunate.
    Its going just as the berg's planned then. Destroy the US's ability to defend itself by itself and rely on the "united nations" to enforce the law and fight the "terrorists". Oh well, if you can't beat em, hole up in the ground until the radioactivity drops to a safe level.

Comment

The only reson we aren't in Pakistan right now is because they have nukes. Musharraf is as two faced as they come. He puts on a show for us, takes our money and gives it right to the Taliban and Al Qaeda to the tune of $5 Billion. If he was not in bed with the Taliban he would have no power at all.

Although Bush is a retard and I would like to pin this on him. They have had an insurgency trying to take over the country for 50 years, this is nothing new and doesn't have anything to do with us.

Comment

Bush is anything but a retard. He has been groomed to play a role, and that role serves the purpose of the powers that put him there. His persona is one of incredible balance between approachable down-home good guy, hard and reliable tough guy, innocent and sincere religious guy and clueless, bumbling buffoon guy.

Every constituency is getting exactly what they want--a good ol' boy who will git 'r done, a defender of the faith, a soft and easy target for criticism. Meanwhile, we all eat it up, getting distracted by grammar gaffes and oil prices. The Country of Freedom has truly become the Country of Distracted Complacency.

We watched two ultramodern skyscrapers, built from a batch of steel beams that had been tested by the head scientist at Underwriters Laboratory to be in spec at well over 3000 F, collapse in the space of time that Newtonian physics say is impossible unless the entire building is in free-fall all at once, not floors crashing into each other from the top down. The evidence was scattered to junkyards and foundries within a space of weeks to be melted down for scrap before any investigation or materials testing could be done--by Giuliani. NORAD had alerted airport traffic controllers that a joint-agency mock terrorist attack involving jets in major metropolitan areas was scheduled to occur that same day, so alerts were ignored as the flight plans of several jets were not followed. Truly, having eyes we cannot see, and hearing we won't believe. We don't want to believe it's really this bad. I'm pretty sure it is, guys. Sorry.

Yes, it IS global war that they want. We jumped right in to go haring off on a pointless war that masqueraded as "enduring freedom", and now we're heading into the same thing with Iran. We're getting duped by a retard? I don't think so. He's a fool, and a dupe too, but he has to have a cunning mind to be able to pull off the tightrope-walk he's been on ever since his masters won him an illegal election.
        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
          Bush is anything but a retard. He has been groomed to play a role, and that role serves the purpose of the powers that put him there. His persona is one of incredible balance between approachable down-home good guy, hard and reliable tough guy, innocent and sincere religious guy and clueless, bumbling buffoon guy.

Every constituency is getting exactly what they want--a good ol' boy who will git 'r done, a defender of the faith, soft and easy target for criticism. Meanwhile, the Country of Freedom is truly the Country of Complacency.

We watched two ultramodern skyscrapers collapse in the space of time that Newtonian physics say is impossible unless the entire building was in free-fall all at once, not floors crashing into each other from the top down.

We jumped right in to go haring off on a pointless war that masqueraded as "enduring freedom", and now we're heading into the same thing with Iran.

Yes, it IS global war that they want. We're getting duped by a retard? I don't think so. He's a fool, and a dupe too, but he has to have a cunning mind to be able to pull off the tightrope-walk he's been on ever since his masters won him an illegal election.

When I write a book about this era when I'm old and retired, I'd like to quote this.

Comment

Now I see why you were so happy to find a religion with more "mysticism". You know, sometimes the world really is as simple as it looks.

Comment

Gentlemen, in all things war, I have one comment to make that everyone needs to take into account: hindsight is always 20/20. The government makes decisions based on the intelligence they have at the time. If those decisions turn against us down the line, thats what happens and as of yet there is no way to predict the future, so we have to rely on judgment.

Also, I'm no big fan of the current administration, but please note the key word I used: Administration. Yes, President Bush is the top dog, and as such he takes all the heat for decisions made. However, remember that the president has hundreds upon hundreds of people that come to him with advice, intelligence and recommendations. He makes his final decision based on the sum total of that knowledge and the best recommended course of action. Yes, he takes the blame when things go south and thats the responsibility he accepted as President. But nobody gets to be President by being stupid. He may not be Einstein, but he had enough sense and smarts to surround himself with intelligent people who could get the job done and it took him to the top. Blaming one man is called "scapegoating". Blaming the administration is more prudent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                You know, sometimes the world really is as simple as it looks.
                Yes. Having laws of nature that can always be relied on is a real comfort. ;)
                sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  Gentlemen, in all things war, I have one comment to make that everyone needs to take into account: hindsight is always 20/20. The government makes decisions based on the intelligence they have at the time. If those decisions turn against us down the line, thats what happens and as of yet there is no way to predict the future, so we have to rely on judgment.

Also, I'm no big fan of the current administration, but please note the key word I used: Administration. Yes, President Bush is the top dog, and as such he takes all the heat for decisions made. However, remember that the president has hundreds upon hundreds of people that come to him with advice, intelligence and recommendations. He makes his final decision based on the sum total of that knowledge and the best recommended course of action. Yes, he takes the blame when things go south and thats the responsibility he accepted as President. But nobody gets to be President by being stupid. He may not be Einstein, but he had enough sense and smarts to surround himself with intelligent people who could get the job done and it took him to the top. Blaming one man is called "scapegoating". Blaming the administration is more prudent.
                  Sorry, he would be managing a McDonalds if it weren't for his daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    The government makes decisions based on the intelligence they want to have at the time.
                    Fixed it for you.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                      Has anyone been watching what has been going on in Pakistan lately?
                      Yeah, Pakistan could get VERY ugly, or it could stabilize and unify now that Bhutto is back...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                        Fixed it for you.
                        I dont believe that my statement needed fixing. I wasnt specifically talking about this conflict. We supplied Saddam with money, guns and support against the Iranians. We sent Noriega to central america. We trained the people in afghanistan that we now fight, as well as backing the Taliban against the Soviets. This administration isnt the only one in history thats had to look back at what they did and say "oops". As I said, the government makes decisions based on the intel they have at the time and on the motivations of the administration. It's not what they want to have or dont want to have. Believe it or not, there is generally always at least one, if not multiple advisers who will oppose any action based on their own judgment of the facts and such, and trust me when I say that the administration DOES take these things into account. They have to. The government cant just say "oh, we want to go invade country X, so get us stuff that brings us a solid reason to do it". It simply doesnt work that way, we do have accountability, and as sketchy as it seems sometimes, it does work.

If they want intel that says something and it doesnt exist, they cant just fabricate it. Too many watchdogs. However, if they have intel that points to something (i.e the WMD fiasco), they can make a decision to move on it. Sure, we now know Iraq didnt have WMDs. But they did have the equipment to manufacture certain things and threats had been made by the regime in power about using them. That intel pointed to the fact that they were probably hiding them somewhere Mr. Blix and his team couldnt find them. The administration made a decision to act. In retrospect, there were better ways to pursue it and the whole deal looks shady because there was no concrete evidence. They simply functioned on the best advice and information they had and made a judgment call.

Also, not to be too overly harsh, and you are entirely welcome to your opinion, but I think saying that Bush being President is entirely because of his father is completely misguided. Perhaps Bush Sr. gave him a start in politics through family wealth and his politcal career, but it's not like he was a nobody before his dad was president. The man was governor of texas. His brother was governor of Florida. Sure, hes politically well connected and his family is filthy rich, but did his dad go door to door and convince everyone to elect him president? I dont remember Bush Sr. talking to me about my vote. Did his dad pay off the electoral college and rig the election? Did he hire some superhacker to mess up the polls? Maybe he had his old CIA buddies brainwash the country into giving his son the title of "most powerful man in the world".

So barring the insane notion that his dad pulled a cloak and dagger routine to get GW where he is today, how exactly is his dad directly responsible for getting him the presidency or any other office? For once, I'd like to see someone make a real argument instead of spewing nonsense because they dont like the guy. I dont particularly like the way the country has been run under his Presidency, but I dont make whimisical statements about him that I cant actually make an argument for.

Now, ranting and arguing aside and back to the actual thread topic.

As far as Pakistan goes, it's just a waiting game right now. Although I'm sure India would love it (theyve been toe to toe with Pakistan in the Kashmir for ages), we cant bust into that country like we did with afghanistan or iraq. We simply dont have a reason. With afghanistan, we had the terrorist links that we had traced there as a direct result of 9/11. With iraq, if nothing else, we had a genocidal megalomaniac that needed to be removed from power. We've got no call to do anything here. All we can really do is sit and wait for someone to do something stupid and then retaliate.

Also, I have to agree with Kero's original statement that our "global war on terror" has only made it worse. A war on terror is a guerrilla war. History has always shown us that you CANT WIN a guerrilla war from the side we're on. Each time you take a few of them down, new ones spring up and they're three times as pissed as they were before. It's like throwing tiny pebbles at a hornets nest from two feet away and hoping that you can kill them all one by one before they come after you en masse. But its something we've been doing for years longer than most people are aware of. It's simply escalated over time. Before 9/11, there were siezed embassies, people being abducted and held hostage, airline hijackings, minor bombings, major bombings, all ranges of things that targeted the American people for decades. 9/11 just brought it to US soil and made it front page news. The Bush administration gave it a definitive name. It will continue to get worse, it's entropy at its finest. The harder we push the more determined they become and the better they hide what they are doing. The best any of us can hope for is that we're not around when it does get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                          We watched two ultramodern skyscrapers, built from a batch of steel beams that had been tested by the head scientist at Underwriters Laboratory to be in spec at well over 3000 F, collapse in the space of time that Newtonian physics say is impossible unless the entire building is in free-fall all at once, not floors crashing into each other from the top down. The evidence was scattered to junkyards and foundries within a space of weeks to be melted down for scrap before any investigation or materials testing could be done--by Giuliani. NORAD had alerted airport traffic controllers that a joint-agency mock terrorist attack involving jets in major metropolitan areas was scheduled to occur that same day, so alerts were ignored as the flight plans of several jets were not followed. Truly, having eyes we cannot see, and hearing we won't believe. We don't want to believe it's really this bad. I'm pretty sure it is, guys. Sorry.
                          Do yourself a HUGE favor and delete that idiotic crap from your mind that "Loose Change" put there.

"Loose Change" was a complete crock of **** that quote-mined, edited interviews to portray them in an unintended light, presented erroneous "facts", omitted other facts that shot down their theories, and skewed existing evidence to support their own insane "theories".

- Did you know that while the steel doesn't melt (as in attaining a liquid form) until 3000 degrees, it loses over HALF it's structural rigidity at around 700 degrees?

- Did you know that the steel that was "super-ninja'd" out of Ground Zero was irrelevant to the team that was on site? They even said that they had gathered all the data that they needed, and testing every piece available would've been foolish and unneeded?

- You really think that watching a building fall from one angle with a cool little clock in the corner of your screen is anything close to a scientific conclusion?

- Do you really think that the buildings collapsed in free-fall? I'm sorry, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I've watched the towers collapse, they are jackhammered into the ground by the debris above.

I suggest you stop listening to outrageous bull**** and start researching hard facts. Start by watching the video "Screw Loose Change", a three-hour film that deconstructs and shoots down every single part of the movie Loose Change.

Also, read things such as this: http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM...agar-0112.html

Some choice quotes:

"It is known that structural steel begins to soften around 425C and loses about half of its strength at 650C."

"...the failure of the steel was due to two factors: loss of strength due to the temperature of the fire, and loss of structural integrity due to distortion of the steel from the non-uniform temperatures in the fire..."

"As the joists on one or two of the most heavily burned floors gave way and the outer box columns began to bow outward, the floors above them also fell. The floor below (with its 1,300 t design capacity) could not support the roughly 45,000 t of ten floors (or more) above crashing down on these angle clips. This started the domino effect that caused the buildings to collapse within ten seconds, hitting bottom with an estimated speed of 200 km per hour. If it had been free fall, with no restraint, the collapse would have only taken eight seconds and would have impacted at 300 km/h.1 It has been suggested that it was fortunate that the WTC did not tip over onto other buildings surrounding the area. There are several points that should be made. First, the building is not solid; it is 95 percent air and, hence, can implode onto itself. Second, there is no lateral load, even the impact of a speeding aircraft, which is sufficient to move the center of gravity one hundred feet to the side such that it is not within the base footprint of the structure. Third, given the near free-fall collapse, there was insufficient time for portions to attain significant lateral velocity. To summarize all of these points, a 500,000 t structure has too much inertia to fall in any direction other than nearly straight down."

Also, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH02Eh44yUg

-and-

http://www.videosift.com/video/Penta...due-University

Yes... I am passionate about this. Conspiracy theorists have done a grave injustice by presenting half-truths and speculations as facts.

Comment

I think Axis makes some good points, but yeah, that bit about ZOMG PHYSICS doesn't help much. The fact that buildings stand at all is the physics wonder.

Comment

And now back to the topic of Pakistan...

Musharraf just declared a state of emergency and has enacted martial law.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc...ncy/index.html
                              | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X