Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News Haters

http://www.thequickbrown.com/

Here's a nifty site that claims to track fox news headlines and makes notes of each time they're changed. Haven't researched it, but seems like a nice tool for those that vote no confidence in fox.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Fox News Haters

You gotta love Fox News : We decide, we report, you decide.

It's one thing for a news organization (or one that calls itself that) to have a bias and wear it on their sleeve (or superimposed in the corner of their screen). It's entirely different to have an agenda.

I don't watch Fox. I check http://www.newshounds.us/ instead.

Comment

The one good thing about Fox News is that they're so blatantly skewed, you only need an inkling of independent critical thought to see it.

I know some who watch it for entertainment value, but I just can't stomach it.
      sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

While its obvious that Fox is extremely biased, its not like theyre the only ones. Ya have to sift through everything to get any amount of truth.

Comment

True, but watching people like O'Riley tout them as such a credible news source makes me chuckle, and then I shiver because his audience believes him.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Fox is biased to the right about the same amount as the other three broadcast networks are biased to the left. Since it's hard to avoid the three letter news bureaus, when I do sit down to watch the news, I watch Fox for some balance.

Like Santa said, you're not going to get objective news on any network anymore. For objective news you actually have to listen/watch/read various sources and analyze them yourself.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I never really need a tool to reinforce my views on Fox News. This certainly does make me laugh though. Thanks Swtich.
              sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Good thing you have a remote control.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

As a Red Sox fan, I hate all things Fox. Their commentators are the most biased I've ever heard. And their news, heh, its usually pretty funny/absurd. I don't watch the news often though, I rather read things online or radio. Most of the news is depressing stuff because thats what seems to sell ratings the best sadly.

Comment

All "News" is recycled AP and Reuters wires anyway. I don't get why some people enjoy one network expressly over the other for any reason but its bias. To say one is better at reporting the news than the other, is just saying which side(left or right) you tend to align. Non-major news outlets are even more extreme hence their niche because if you wanted down the middle you would just stick with the AP and Reuters blurbs.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Sorry Khan, but very inaccurate.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but alot of the 'news stories' you see on TV are prepackaged media created by lobbies and advocacy groups. Nothing to do with actual reporting.

Look up 'Toxic Sludge Is Good For You' It covers this topic in some detail. Its a book and movie.

Someone seems to have put up parts of the movie here.
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1
                      Its a detailed explanation of the PR industry.
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

I am sorry but Fox is NOT biased. All the other news outlets are extremly biased and fix still leans a little bit to the left.

When all the news outlets lean left... I am sure the one that tries to be objective appears to lean right. The leftist bias of the media elite is well documented and undisputed. There is not a shread of evidence pointing the other way against fox.
                        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                          I am sorry but Fox is NOT biased.
                          C'mon, man, you need only look at their analysts to see how wrong you are.

I'll agree with you that their hard news isn't THAT biased, but the network certainly is (thank goodness).
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Which doesn't belong?

a)Fox news isnt biased
                            b)ID is as scientific as evolution
                            c)2=2
                            d)President Bush is a brilliant man.
                            |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

I had to one-star this thread for a variety of reasons.

1) News outlets changing the text of their headlines through their RSS feeds is NOT an abnormal event. They, like all news outlets, are in the business of making money. In terms of the web site, money is generated simply by impressions (viewers). If people think you have "new" content, they'll come look at it again. It also allows a webmaster to find different combinations of keywords that increase or decrease readership of any given story.

2) Individuals that think Bill O'Reilly is a "news anchorman" and have zero capacity to tell the difference between an op-ed show and an actual news broadcast. If you can't tell the difference between a newscast and a television show, you need to start over at square one.

3) Most of the charges of bias are the result of individuals not liking Fox because they're biased in the WRONG direction. Other networks are fine, because they are biased to the left and more in tune with the opinions of the viewers on the left. For those people who have nothing better to do than hate the other side and contribute NOTHING to make society a better place, may view networks like CBS as "neutral" which makes Fox look even MORE biased.

4) More on #2. Any time I hear people mention Bill O'Reilly and imply he is a "news reporter" I feel bad for the person making the argument. If you actually want to look at someone who was supposed to be a real news reporter with an actual news broadcast that was biased beyond compare, just check out Dan Rather.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X