Weetabix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weetabix

I went to the supermarket and I saw this new kind of cereal. It said Englands best selling cereal. I said to myself "I like English and it looks healthy". So I bought some. When I got home I opened the little paper package inside the box and there were these very light large biscuits, similar to frosted mini-wheats, but the big kind. I poured some soy milk in it, went to sit down in front of the tube and had a spoonful. The texture was as if I had let a bowl of Captain Crunch sit out for a week then decided to have a some. It was the most vile thing I have ever put in my mouth. I wondered for a second if I hurled and forgot to open my mouth. Then I thought not because I haven't swallowed yet. So I let go down because it would have made a huge disgusting mess if I had tried to get it back into the bowl. So now it's about 4 months later and the unused portion is still in the cabinet and I'm out of cereal. Screw you Weetabix.

http://www.weetabixusa.com/index.html

Re: Weetabix

I have the same reaction to soy "milk". That stuff is vile.
    I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
      I have the same reaction to soy "milk". That stuff is vile.
      Same here.

I've heard so much about Weetabix, though. I'll have to look and see if my local grocer carries it!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It's great stuff with a frosting of sugar on top - I had it many times growing up in England - the trick is to eat it before it all goes soggy and it just disintigrates into mush in about 30 seconds.

I poured some soy milk in it,
        And that was your first mistake right there :D
        sigpic

Comment

Hambergler,

Put down that bowl of "food" and come sit down. Go ahead, take some deep breaths - try to clear your mind of what you were just eating. We're going to take this slow. One. Step. At. A. Time.

Men don't drink soy milk. I know people say 'chicks dig guys who join PETA.' That's bull****. Have you ever seen someone get laid while drinking soy milk? Real men drink half-and-half with their cereal. Ask anyone from the 7th, it's the best.

English ****? Forget it. England is ****. It rains all year - and when it's not raining, it's foggy. The last good thing to come out of England was America. America is the land of good food: Hotdogs, hamburgers, reuben sandwiches with extra thousand island dressing.

I know these are major changes, but we don't expect you to make them all at once. Maybe change to whole milk for a week before moving to half and half. Eat the Double Double before moving up to the Three By Three Animal Style. One step at a time.

Always looking out for your best interests,

Tybalt
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
            Men don't drink soy milk.
            Always looking out for your best interests,
            @Hambergler,
            The man speaks the truth. «Soy consumption has been linked to dementia and cognitive impairment in men». There you have it.

This is even worse!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Steve, Don't Eat It!

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives...ont_eat_it.php
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Weetabix with cow's milk will make you a tough guy

Weetabix are very popular here in England, I have some in my kitchen too

Comment

Weetbix with Guiness make you STRONG!
                  sigpic

Comment

In my first year of college one of the guys across the hall from me was a born-and-raised Brit. He ate Marmite sandwiches and claimed that the vile, tar-like 'spread' was loved by many Britons. From that point forward I vowed to not try any food product favored by Brits.

As for soymilk, I'm screwed because I am allergic to cow's milk in raw form (can't drink it, put it in coffee, or have high-dairy foods like cheesecake). I've tried goats milk and rice milk, but to this day can only take soy milk on cereal. I'm happy to say that the infertility thing doesn't seem true for me. As for the mental stuff, well, that's for you forum friends to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post

Jeeze mate - that ad was a step back in time for me - I must have been 10 when that came out :D
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep definitely the wrong milk.
                        Weetabix are all right they are versatile and keep forever in an air tight container
                        Ice cold (real cows) milk poured over the top of 2 in a bowl with or without sugar, strawberry or dried fruit or microwave and mixed into a paste with honey/brown sugar/syrup.

Have you tried Weetabix spread with butter and topped with sugar?

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                          In my first year of college one of the guys across the hall from me was a born-and-raised Brit. He ate Marmite sandwiches and claimed that the vile, tar-like 'spread' was loved by many Britons. From that point forward I vowed to not try any food product favored by Brits.
                          You have to remember that marmite's advertising slogan is 'You either love it or hate it'.

Says it all, doesn't it?
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                            You have to remember that marmite's advertising slogan is 'You either love it or hate it'.

Says it all, doesn't it?
                            I wasn't aware of that - and yes, it certainly does say it all. That slogan could apply to so many things in this world... not TG though!

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post

Apparently not everyone agrees.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6WHHLpCys[/media]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X