Bush - most hated US president

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush - most hated US president

No, this isn't about his approval ratings - it's about the hatred ratings. He's officially surpassed Nixon during Watergate. Why am I posting this? Because I truly believe he's the worst 'President' in American history. Please try and convince me otherwise.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aw25IwaojRE[/media]

Re: Bush - most hated US president

I've got no good reasons to dispute your assertion.

I think the President and his administration's downfall was/is their lack of communication with the rest of America. Sure, the government has to keep some stuff secret, but throw us a bone every now and then. Let us know why you think the things you're doing are good for America.

I don't hate him, but this President is certainly a disappointment. I'm glad he was the President on September 12, 2001, too.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

This just shows that you can do whatever you want to 31% of Americans and they will still like you. Sort of like sad puppies.

Comment

If you voted for President Bush you knew exactly what you were getting: a masonic dim witted draft dodger who has never been interested in governing but in perpetual campaigning. I have very little sympathy for voters who are now having buyers remorse and are now agreeing with the fact he is the worst President in US history. "Hey, let's vote for a man who can't form a complete sentence! He's just like me. I'd love to have a beer with him."

It was clear from day one that President Bush had no qualifications too become President other than his name. It would be just enough if we just got him but his Presidency came with a package: Cheney, Rummy, Brownie, the list goes on. The survey needs to include his cabinet which would rank as the most hated in US history.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
          If you voted for President Bush you knew exactly what you were getting: a masonic dim witted draft dodger who has never been interested in governing but in perpetual campaigning. I have very little sympathy for voters who are now having buyers remorse and are now agreeing with the fact he is the worst President in US history. "Hey, let's vote for a man who can't form a complete sentence! He's just like me. I'd love to have a beer with him."

It was clear from day one that President Bush had no qualifications too become President other than his name. It would be just enough if we just got him but his Presidency came with a package: Cheney, Rummy, Brownie, the list goes on. The survey needs to include his cabinet which would rank as the most hated in US history.
          Yeah because Mr. Flip-Flop was a better option. There were NO good options during that election. I hate to say it but a lot of people I know actually cast their ballot based on who they thought would be the lesser of two evils :(
          |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
          I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Originally posted by avenging llama View Post
            Yeah because Mr. Flip-Flop was a better option. There were NO good options during that election. I hate to say it but a lot of people I know actually cast their ballot based on who they thought would be the lesser of two evils :(
            The American public simply chose the worst of the bad options.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I voted for President Bush in 2000. And I can tell you that we did NOT get even remotely close to what was expected.

I expected a dim witted person, sure, but that's a plus in my book. Smart politicians try to "do stuff," which generally leads to disaster. For reference please see Kennedy, Johnson - Vietnam, domestic policy and Nixon - Vietnam, domestic policy. All three were quite bright (well, at least Kennedy and Nixon were, not sure about Johnson) and all of them enacted numerous ruinous policies. Additionally, every minute spent campaigning is one less minute spent doing "stuff," which in my book is great. If politicians did literally nothing but campaign, I'd be stoked.

So in any event - Bush ran on a platform, in 2000, of no nation building, lowering taxes, lowering spending, and less intrusive federal government.

Did I get what was advertised?
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I think its pretty sensationalistic and silly to say hes the worst president of all time when he is currently the president. Sure he wont be in the top 10 or top 20, but i cant see in 20 years him being ranked as the worst president of all time. We have had a lot of morons fill that office.

And whoever said its the most hated cabinet ever, I think that title would go to Grants administration.

Comment

I agree this is an EXTREMELY divisive time, but how do you compare Bush/Clinton to a different era and draw a conclusion is beyond me. If you are simply going on polls then I would argue that this era of modern information, freedom and entitlement have left people far more free to object to issues then past generations would have even considered. As such, the survey samples are biased in a way that makes them impossible to compare. I would venture to say, in the absence of any data, that Clinton scores near to the top of that list and perhaps the old Bush as well. This could be attributed to nothing more than the trending of public opinion and the expression of a deepening "hatred" between the extreme of the parties.

Fact is I agree with the above that there were and continue to be very poor options in our political environment. I consider myself pretty independent though I was previously a Republican (10 years ago), because I felt they tended to mirror my most important issue: fiscal conservatism. With both sides now clearly failing to provide discipline in the budgeting and financing of our countries public interests, I will again find it hard to support a candidate for this upcoming election. At this point I'm strongly considering casting an independent ballot again knowing full well our two party system MUST swing the pendulum back towards a moderate agenda or risk alienation of the center and thus risk the creation of a viable 3rd party candidacy (something neither the R or D want to see).

Comment

Originally posted by avenging llama View Post
                    The entire "flip-flop" label was applied by Bush campaign cronies to various true and alleged changes in Kerry's position on certain policies. This line of repeated, catch-phrased accusations have all the marks of classic Rove spin.

Many of the "flip-flop" accusations are based on out of context sound bytes and deliberate misunderstanding, and were debunked in many places by many pundits a long time ago. A quick Google search should turn up any number of cross-referenced articles and blogs. Here are all of them in one spot, though I make no claim to the sites' accuracy or veracity of sources used to dismiss the claims made by Kerry detractors. It's a good place to start though.

Time did a front page piece last Summer on the 10 worst Presidents of all time to show just how bad some of them have been. I'd say Bush is right up there, but he has plenty of company. There's no telling how different things might be now if Kerry had won. Notice I say different, not better.

The two party system is a false dichotomy to make people feel as if they have a choice. The overall thrust of imperialist US policy, the oligarchy of the wealthy and the illusion of economically-sustainable capitalism will not change.
                    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

You do realize that you are all about to have some fierce debate in this thread over a CHART on some YOUTUBE video. Wait for it, because the Republican's are going to see this thread and will rebuttal.

I'm not a republican, but if I had a penny for every bush bash I see on the internet, forums, TV, and in my school, I'd feed the world.

Just to poke fun at democrats (No offense, take it lightly as it should be): How do you measure hate? Is there some unit?
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                        The two party system is a false dichotomy to make people feel as if they have a choice. The overall thrust of imperialist US policy, the oligarchy of the wealthy and the illusion of economically-sustainable capitalism will not change.
                        However, we have a candidate running inside the 2-party system who's really an outsider, and I understand he's doing pretty well in New Hampshire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/us...c03&ei=5087%0A
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Every time someone complains about the two party system insofar as it relates to candidate selection, god kills a puppy.

Save the puppies.
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you, Skud, but I'm going to agree that Bush is way up there on the list of hated presidents, and I actually like the guy. Hatred of Bush has gone so far we've had to invent new names for it -- my personal favorite is "Bush Derangement Syndrome", where people's hatred of Bush becomes completely detached from anything he's actually done or not done, and reaches a purely emotional state that actually blocks out rational debate on topics that have nothing to do with Bush at all!

I'm a little suprised at how few people we have in this thread who suffer from BDS, though.

Comment

Its the same metric they use to measure how much we're winning the war on terror.

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                              Just to poke fun at democrats (No offense, take it lightly as it should be): How do you measure hate? Is there some unit?
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X