Darwin awards - runner-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwin awards - runner-up

We have 2 tonight - I am waiting to get text one the 2nd - It's about a man fleeing cops and ending up in a gator pond.

=================
    Police search Channelside for bleeding bandit

Tampa, Florida - Tampa Police are swarming over the Channelside area, looking for a man who robbed a gas station but may have ended up shooting himself during the get-a-way.

It happened at the BP Gas Station on Channelside and Kennedy. Investigators say the man used a gun in the hold-up and then fled on foot.

The manager tried to give chase but lost the suspect near some apartments.

Officers responded to the area and found some bloody pants on the ground near the apartments.

Investigators then found a gun dropped in a near-by parking garage, leading investigators to speculate the robber shot himself as he fled.

Witnesses say they saw the suspect running away dressed only in a pair of yellow paisley boxer shorts.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is using their bloodhounds to help Tampa Police track the suspect.
    ==================

Edit : And the conteder IS..

Man killed by alligator while fleeing police

MICCOSUKEE TRIBE INDIAN RESERVATION, Fla. (AP) — A man who jumped into a lake to flee police was killed by an alligator.

Officials say the man was burglarizing a vehicle in the parking lot of the Miccosukee Resort and Convention Center on Thursday. Authorities say he ran when police arrived at the scene. The man's name has not been released.

Tribal police divers searched for the man that night, then again Friday morning and afternoon. During the third dive, the body was recovered. It bore alligator teeth marks on the upper torso.

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner Department says the cause of death was an alligator attack.

An accomplice has been arrested. The tribe is not obligated to follow Florida's open records laws and declined to release the name of the man. Without a name, the Miami-Dade state attorney's office was unable to comment on whether the man has been charged.
    Last edited by P8riot; 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Darwin awards - runner-up

Regardless of criminal stupidity, that sucks to get eaten.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Things like this, make me proud to be a Floridian.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
        Officials say the man was burglarizing a vehicle in the parking lot of the Miccosukee Resort and Convention Center on Thursday. Authorities say he ran when police arrived at the scene. The man's name has not been released
        Is that even a real word? Maybe in America...
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
          Things like this, make me proud to be a Floridian.
          I miss Florida. :\

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
            Is that even a real word? Maybe in America...
            Captain Beefheart said "I'm gonna booglarize ya baby" years ago, so....sure. Langwije iz meening, rite?

I'm very glad this dip...guy didn't kill anyone during his crime, but I don't wish that end on anyone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X