Pet Peeves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves

All right... list em. Things that annoy you but that aren't really that big a deal. Keep em short.

1) DVDs forcing you to watch introductions you can't skip or fast forward through.
    2) Radio stations that start playing 24 hour Christmas music Nov 1 (two of them here in Kansas City). NOVEMBER FIRST? COME ON!
    3) People who sell used Ipods for nearly new prices.
    4) Informercials. (enough said)
    5) Advertising that assumes you're an idiot.
    6) People who prove #5 is actually correct.
    7) My wife telling me I have free time to play a computer game, then yelling for my help 1 minute later...
    8) Students, parents, etc... who blame their failures on anyone other than their own stupid decisions in life.
    9) People who refuse to call illegal aliens illegal. (sorry, they broke a law - that is illegal. Not murder, I know.. but ILLEGAL)
    10) Canceling a show JUUUUUST after I started to like it. (farging bastages! name the movie!)
    11) The fact that pathetic TV shows are having all their seasons produced and sold while other good shows are coming out slower than homework from a illiterate monkey.
    12) Sales that aren't really sales. (similar to #5)
    13) People not being on a game server I want to play. DANG IT! GET ON CS! OR COD4! OR WHATEVER I WANT TO PLAY NOW! FORGET YOUR GAME! NOW NOW NOW
    14) COD4's single player save mode. I want to pick when the save occurs. Don't save it THERE! I'm in a bad spot where I die 5 seconds after the save occurs and I can't go back to previous saves... i have to start the whole mission over? you lousy punks! I hate this game! Argh!
    15) People who don't keep their rants short... (what... #14? shut up! :row__572:)
    16) people who talk on their cell phones using the star trek insignia on their ears. (makes me paranoid. I think they are talking to me, but then they aren't!)
    17) Cell phone plans. (My wife and I are the only ones on either side of the family that do NOT have cell phones)
    18) Hollywood's apparnet inabliity to come up with new stuff, instead just remaking every old move/comic/show/ad/tree/rock/banana/bomb/Bach/midget in sight
    19) Attempting to use big words to make something seem better (see #5)
    20) Hollywood idiots who think their opinions matter more than anyone elses. (hey.. haven't you left the country yet? Didn't Bush win?)
    21) Drug ads that try to convince you to use a drug even though other things might work better.
    http://medicine.plosjournals.org/per...d.0030170&ct=1
    22) The energizer bunny. Kill it. Kill it now. <HEAD SHOT>
    23) Computer games that don't give you good search options for servers. (What do you mean I can't just search for only the servers with tactical gamer in their names?)
    24) The Media. All of it.
    25) Stupid people suing other people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIllRdSzSug

26) Certain people's innate ability to shoot me in the head in Counterstrike source. DARN YOU ALL!
    27) People who fail to see the Genius of weird al.
    28) People who steal stuff that makes no sense (like the ones who stole the balls from my trackball mice at school the last week I was teaching... just the ball, not the whole mouse? What the?)
    29) Models who are so thin they look like Heroine addicts.
    30) Smokers who lite up anywhere. (mainly focusing on idiots who walk right up to you and your two year old child and light up right next to you... upwind. Steve martin: Mind if I smoke? NO! Mind if I fart?)
    31) People who state things as truth when they don't know anything about it. (remember this guy who posted somewhere on another site and he said that ALL martial arts were useless except what the military learned. I was like... so a 9th degree blackbelt can get beat up by anyone? His reply: yes.)
    32) Lists of pet peeves that are just too long.
    33) The inabilty of someone to see the other side's view, even if you think they are idiots.
    34) The unwillingness to even try #33
    35) Spam.
    36) Spam.
    37) SPam.
    38) SPam. spamity spam... wonderful spam! Shut up! Bloody vikings.
    39) where was I?
    40) My Attention Deficient dis... oh look... cookies!
    41) News meida reporting information that interfers in police investigations.
    42) The news medai getting all stuffy about the right to know.
    43) My inability to spell mdeia correctly despite that it is 5:21 am my time as I type this.
    44) Insomnia
    45) The fact that I own way too much cra.. JUNK and can't seem to get rid of it.
    46) Bad Neighbors.
    47) Walmart (and any other store's) stupidity. (I buy a DVD set. SOmething was wrong. 2 days later I return it. They no longer carry that DVD set and since it was opened, they only will exchange for the same item. So sorry, sir. No I'm not! 3 hours of arguing later, they give me my $40 to make me go away. The fact that I started asking for phone numbers to the district manager, corporate headquarters and who the TV news consumer watch people should talk to might have helped)
    48) Comic books that used to be great suddenly changing to an artist who looks like my 2 year old's work if she started snorting crack and taking LSD suppositories
    49) Stores that carry season 3 of show, but not season 1 and 2.
    50) Woman who dress like sluts but then want to be treated like a high class lady.
    51) People who claim to be the same faith as me, but don't believe in most of the core tenants of the religion.
    52) People who say that Catholics aren't Christians.
    53) Christians and atheists (or anyone for that matter) who don't realize that calling the other side idiots isn't going to convince them that you are right.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5032627AAwrZS4
    55) People who can't count. :row__572: (you'll figure it out... I hope)
    56) The fact that I look at math books from 50 years ago and realize how stupider our country must be now.
    57) People who can barely read in high school but think that is a good thing!
    58) Really bad shows that everyone seems to like. (south park... yeah.. I know most of you probably disagree with me.. ya freaks! LOL)
    59) Not making a product well enough, then having to recall it.
    60) Not making a product well enough, but then not caring
    61) Too many good computer games coming out at the same time
    62) My inability to even win a dollar at the lottery (maybe I'm saving up all my luck for the big win?)
    63) People who win the lottery but then end up broke again because they're too stupid to manage their money. (Hmm... 5% interest alone on 50 million is 2.5 million a year... how did you loose all that money?)
    64) People who don't invest or save, then blame everything on the rich.
    65) The rich blaming the really poor for not saving when they have nothing to save.
    66) Those poor who don't have enough money to buy anything, but are paying tons of money to rent a center places. (save it up and just buy it! cheaper that way)
    67) Cable companies who won't let me just pick the channels I want. (although this has/will change soon I hope)
    68) Politicians
    69) People who drive stupid. You're not in that big of a hurry, moron!
    70) People who follow you by about 1 car length on the interstate. If I can't see your headlights through my rear window of my Ford Focus at 70 mph... YOU ARE TOO DANG CLOSE! (FIRE THE REAR FLAMETHROWER! DROP MINES! what..? this isn't car wars?)
    71) The lack of turn based computer games being made. (I'm too distracted to do real time startegy)
    72) Computer game companies who are too lazy to host their demos on their own sites, instead putting them on pcgames or something.
    73) People who believe that guy really is royalty in nigeria, even though they can't spell the country correctly...
    74) People who finally get tired enough to go to sleep at 5:49 central time and stop making their list of pet peeves at #74

Here, have some more fun!
    http://www.lacarte.org/tracie/peeves/index.html
    http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/to...pet-peeves.asp
    http://www.gargaro.com/peeves.html
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Pet Peeves

Epic...
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

nice on... 75 - Software Developers / IT workers in general that need HEMI / SUPERDUTY trucks or SUVs to commute to work. : )

its called a Honda CIVIC kids. : )
      Park Bench

Doing laps of Lumber Yard, waiting impatiently for another POE Scrim.

sigpic

Comment

76) Doctor offices that somehow get an hour behind at a 9:30 am appointment. (happened to me today)
        77) 2 year olds that refuse to nap so that their father (who had 1 hour of sleep) can also take a nap
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkBench View Post
          nice on... 75 - Software Developers / IT workers in general that need HEMI / SUPERDUTY trucks or SUVs to commute to work. : )

its called a Honda CIVIC kids. : )
          78- Folks that get peeved because someone drives a bigger/safer/more comfortable auto than they do.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

79 - Folks that call other people folks :) (hehehe)
            80 - Folks that minimize CS just to add to a pet peeve list while dead.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

81) Threads that come back from the dead
              82) People who take their user names from cars.... <blank stare> Thinking?
              83) Having to engage in high stakes negotiation to figure out the order/duration of holiday visits to both sets of parents (or grandparents to Elizabeth) From now on.. it's at my house punks!
              84)
              85) Empty spots
              86) People who take up multiple spots at sports stadiums to tailgate. They only pay for one, but take up 3? and That means my sorry ass has to park farther away. Make em pay for the spots! MWA HA HA HA HA (except for me)
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

87) a computer that wont play games
                88) checking every forum every 10 minutes because your computer is classified under #87 because the mobo and/or ram and/or gfx card is fried and you cant start a 3d app cause it will crash and bsod and detonate the block of c4 inside when you hit the Del key..