Great team, or greateast team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great team, or greateast team?

The Pats just embarassed the state of New York, Tom Brady is my hero, and Randy Moss should get a nobel peace prize.

Tef
    sigpic

Re: Great team, or greateast team?

Ya think?

I can't wait to see Tom Brady get sacked and break his leg when they're up by 35 points with 5 minutes left and still passing like they're behind. That'll teach them to be such arrogant butt nuggets.

At some point the Madden XBox-style play has to bite them in the rear.

Comment

Greatest team? No. It's called a dynasy and dynasties fall. Look at the cowboys and the 49ers in the late 80s and early 90s. Look at the steelers, or green bay. They've all had spectacular teams at various points in time, but that all ends soon enough and some other team takes over. My favorite game of the day was watching Tampa Bay walk all over Atlanta. It was like watching a high school team play a pro team.

Comment

Yeah, but that was in the past. We're here to stay, because [insert justification].
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

a great quote from an ESPN intervew with Randal Gay.

"It kind of makes me mad when you hear somebody from the other team's defense going 'they shouldn't have done that; that's disrespect.' Do we think it's disrespect when they went and picked up their checks for letting a team score 50 points on them? That should be disrespect, that you went to your owner and said 'All right, pay me for that game I just played."

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Life long Pats fan checking in. Must admit that pouring on the points makes me a bit uneasy... though I'm starting to buy in to the hype that BB is trying to make this year a defining moment for his future legacy.

I try to treat this season like the players are...game by game...and try not to think of the possibilities that lay ahead. Even with that said I can't help but think that if the Pats continue on this track and do what many of the pundits say...pshaw...it's pretty heady stuff. The anger and vitriol exhibited by most of the NFL world outside of NE will eventually fade away but the W-L numbers and the moniker of best NFL team ever will remain for a long time.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush View Post
              That'll teach them to be such arrogant butt nuggets.
              I'm sorry, I just don't see an ounce of arrogance in the way they carry themselves.
              As for piling on the points, if the defense can't stop them, what should they do other than keep pushing forward?
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Exactly. This is the NFL, not high school football. You don't call the dogs off when millions of dollars are at stake in your franchise.

I've also heard some analysts saying that people shouldn't be blaming the Pats for running up points, they should be blaming the defenses who basically throw in the towel in the second quarter.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

They are a great team but not the greatest. Until they can go a full season undefeated and win the superbowl, then they will be the greatest team. And consider they are in the weakest division ever made, im not entirely surprised they have a good record. I have alot of respect for them because of their talent, tom brady is a great quarterback, but not the greatest. Solid defense but not the best ever.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Yes, they are in the weakest division, but even when they venture outside of that, they've had no trouble against some of the "strongest" teams thus far. But agreed, they have yet to be declared the greatest team.
                    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                    -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                      They are a great team but not the greatest. Until they can go a full season undefeated and win the superbowl, then they will be the greatest team. And consider they are in the weakest division ever made, im not entirely surprised they have a good record. I have alot of respect for them because of their talent, tom brady is a great quarterback, but not the greatest. Solid defense but not the best ever.
                      Even if they went undefeated and won the superbowl I wouldn't consider them the greatest team ever. Todays NFL is geared towards offense. The quarterbacks are protected way to much now and a corner can't hardly cover a wide out without being called for pass interference. Greatest team of the decade, ok I will accept that but, the greatest team of all time HELL NO!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

It lives...

I'm expecting big things from Tom Brady and company this year. The defense may not be in the top 10 but I'm thinking it's all about the offense this season...

Bring on the 2009-2010 season...
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I hope so. Brady is my starting QB in fantasy football.
                          sigpic
                          I'm Back.

Comment

surprised to see that from a Steelers Fan. Hope on board !!
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by TeflonDon View Post
                              The Pats just embarassed the state of New York, Tom Brady is my hero, and Randy Moss should get a nobel peace prize.

Tef
                              Ahem, I wouldn't say embarrassed......Though Buffalo is located in Western New York, it wasn't as big of an embarrassment as this particular game which managed to embarrass all the states within New England:
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/04/sp...ll/04game.html
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...