X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Laden: NATO broke the rules

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...age/index.html

Originally posted by Camel Fornicator
    "You didn't respect the rules of war and attacked and killed women and children on purpose," the speaker says.
    Hello there Kettle! I'm Pot! Wanna simmer?
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Re: Bin Laden: NATO broke the rules

interesting isnt it, but no one will say that and point fingers at him. cause they are on a holy war.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

An illegitimate holy war too, I think. At least, from what I know of the meaning and rules regarding a Jihad, it is not a 'legal' jihad.
      playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
      I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Originally posted by IMI-50AE View Post
        An illegitimate holy war too, I think. At least, from what I know of the meaning and rules regarding a Jihad, it is not a 'legal' jihad.
        Unfortunately there is no central authority for determining such a thing. There are Imams who support him, and thankfully there are others who condemn him.
        New to TG?

Comment

I think the whole "Illegal Jihad" things comes from the fact that Osama doesn't have the lineage to call for a crusade. It's weird. He's classified as a "merchant king," and they don't have that "right."

But you're taking a logical approach which, let's face it, just doesn't work when dealing with religious fundamentalists.

Other than that, I don't find anything worth remarking on this issue other than if Osama can be verified as still living.

Comment

Yeah Fenix, what was I thinking?

And Squid, I think that the 'central authority' governing jihads is the Quran, which lays down all the rules and regs surrounding a jihad, among other things. From what I remember, the greater jihad is actually internal, the struggle inside one's self, and the lesser is the whole 'Islam is threatened and must be defended' thing. And of course, there are lots of rules governing how the jihad is waged, where, when it stops, and a lot of other things.

I'm guessing Osama read the abridged version.
            playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
            I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

HAHAHAHA - that's awesome mate :D
                sigpic

Comment

Seriously, Bin laden is living on some far away planet with his followers. He must be still be sore about the old Afghanistan war or something, and never could let it go. All the muslims i know love all the people on the planet. No one in the west wants war, we don't even think about it. Wake up dude! What's your problem? Don't you want to see your sons and daughters grow up and enjoy the world like everybody else? Terror isn't helping the issue! Get everyone educated, get a job and claim your seat in society like everyone else. Come on.

Comment

Yeah Fenix, what was I thinking?

And Squid, I think that the 'central authority' governing jihads is the Quran, which lays down all the rules and regs surrounding a jihad, among other things. From what I remember, the greater jihad is actually internal, the struggle inside one's self, and the lesser is the whole 'Islam is threatened and must be defended' thing. And of course, there are lots of rules governing how the jihad is waged, where, when it stops, and a lot of other things.

Within Sunni Islamic jurisprudence there are four different schools that interpret the Qur'an and the Sunnah slightly differently. Their view of jihad differs as well. So, no the Quran is not a central authority either.

Wiki article
                    New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...