Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know Wheat, Know Jesus. No Wheat, No Jesus.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Wheat, Know Jesus. No Wheat, No Jesus.

Having been raised a Catholic, it's stories like these that help me realize why I lost interest when I got older, and it makes me sad.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/CDintheNews/MSNBC081704.php
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Know Wheat, Know Jesus. No Wheat, No Jesus.

Welcome to the world of recovering Catholics, Wyzcrak! Glad to have you as a brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by The Article
      PELLY-WALDMAN: Well, I believe that this a cannonball, a man made ball. And I do not believe Christ would want my child to obey a canon law that could be potentially harmful to her. (Bold Added)
      Dear Transcriptionist:

You are fired.

Love,
      Pokerface

Originally posted by The Article
      PELLY-WALDMAN: Right. But the most recent study out of the University of Pennsylvania Center for Celiac Research is suggesting now that 1 in 133 people actually have Celiac.

OLBERMANN: What sort of percentage of that? Nationwide, is it two or three percent?

PELLY-WALDMAN: Yes, yes.
      Dear Mr. Olbermann and Ms. Pelly-Waldman:

1 in 133 does not -- in no way shape or form -- come anywhere near "two or three percent". You both are fired.

Love,
      Pokerface
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
        Love,
        Pokerface
        LOL !!!!

Comment

I saw the article about that girl. I hope the higher-ups in the Catholic Church figure out a way for them to avoid denying a diseased 8-yr. old girl communion. Seems a bit of a PR gaff - 8-yr boys, welcome! diseased 8-yr old girls, beat it!

Comment

This poor little girl is someone that actually wants to be a good catholic and they're making her doubt the good intentions of the Church. For a long time now the Church has lagged behind societal evolution and I believe they are losing people for it. Priests should be able to marry and there's no good reason not to have an alternative rice host if a certain congregation agrees to it.
            New to TG?

Comment

(all this imo of course)
              I agree, the Church should be able to find a way for this girl, and those like her afflicted with this disease, to take comunion. However, I ask that those condemning the hesitation of the Church to change its stance give the Church time. The girl and her mother are going through the proper channels to change a very old tradition. I think it is right for the Church to be conservative, and slow to change, it should not easily change its positions on its values. It is the Church's purpose to guide its congregation, and they have spent thousands of years thinking about God's message, and new thoughts and information has to be weighed against these thousands of years of thoughts and conclusions. It's no wonder it takes time to change things. But change it does. I respect that about the church, its strength in its convictions, yet its ability to adjust.

Furthermore, the power of a local clergy member to adjust the practices of the Church to better match the local population is important, but also as important is the limits put on such clergy in the matter. A certain consistency across the Church, in its teachings and rituals, is neccesary and proper.

Lastly, it may seem like a trivial matter to some, the use of rice instead of wheat. And ultimately, I believe the Church should accept the option, or find some other option. However, I recognize that they are talking about the ritual that represents the CORE of christian belief here! You have to think that any change to it deserves considerable thought and discussion, all the way up to the Pope.

This woman and her child have not lost faith in the church or God yet, why should we, on her behalf?

(funny... I rarely go to church anymore... where did that come from?)

Comment

Love it, pokerface. LOVE IT.

Comment

Go here and then click on the top-left video: This Week In God: Feminism! And Soda!. It's good. :)
                  [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
                    Love it, pokerface. LOVE IT.
                    Remember, it'e Reputation Point Friday! :)
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Reputation Point Friday! woo hoo! :)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Brilliant topic heading Wyz :D

Ya know...I read that article late last night ....my only thought..."way to go guys...whatta way to show tolerance and compassion" :icon_roll Do they really think they can make the judgement call for God as to whether her communion was acceptable? ...seems a wayyyy bit presumptious to me.....

Comment

I can understand their position: the "branch managers" don't have the authority to take some actions. First rice cakes are used as the body of Christ, next thing you know they'll use rice krispie treats or fig newtons. Cats and dogs living together in sin, real old testament stuff.

Still, the vatican's PR department once again shows that it has its pants around its ankles.

Comment

Haha! The good news: if she eats the wafers at least she dies a saved person.

This also bring up more questions. If she willingly eats the wheat wafer knowing it may kill her, wouldn't that count as suicide and she's screwed anyways? This is deep stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                              Haha! The good news: if she eats the wafers at least she dies a saved person.

This also bring up more questions. If she willingly eats the wheat wafer knowing it may kill her, wouldn't that count as suicide and she's screwed anyways? This is deep stuff....
                              Now that would make for a PR nightmare:

8 YR OLD GIRL CHOOSES CHRIST OVER LIFE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X