Out of Curiousity...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Curiousity...

Last night as I was packing stuff up in my room, I kept finding things that I thought were well past lost by now. I stumbled across a paper I seemed to have printed out about the Conspiracy Theory about the Moon Landing. According to this "theory" (not much proof) it states that it was filmed prior to the actual landing to be used as a propaganda against the Reds. Well out of curiosity I kept reading and I guess the flag was waving in the picture and, I guess some guy was able to forensically analyze the picture and there is some sort of light residue possibly coming off stage lights....

Sounds like a load of crap to me. Not to be rude, but does anyone actually believe in this bull? I can see if once you believe in it but what about all these other space missions, perhaps you changed your mind. I thought it sort of funny because I can understand during the times it would be popular but looking ahead, I'm starting to see where all these crazy ideas come from.

...Just in.... George Bush is actually OJ Simpson, some conspiracy theorist has a picture or Bush taking off an OJ mask!

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Re: Out of Curiousity...

LMAO! It was a very popular, may still be, theory. There are many things that can point in that direction, but they are usually explained away. I watched the last mission for the space shuttle on the link that I had provided, one of the things that I noticed was that there where no visible stars. Now, why would this be? I can see them clearly at night, but not on a picture from a craft in space?
    Ask too many questions and the computers will come after you.............ahh the Matrix!

LOL! Anything that you can't physically witness with your own eyes brings some sort of doubt. People then try to explain away that doubt, theories about alternative happenings and reasonings behind it. Although, isn't it amazing that you can drop a call on your cell phone with a friend 2 miles away........but we can see live(although delayed) pictures from Mars.
    Food for thought.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts:

Comment

They filmed the lunar landing in the same studio where they filmed the "destruction" of the World Trade towers. As we all now know, David Copperfield made them disappear and the CIA/Freemasons tricked everyone into believing they were destroyed.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
        They filmed the lunar landing in the same studio where they filmed the "destruction" of the World Trade towers. As we all now know, David Copperfield made them disappear and the CIA/Freemasons tricked everyone into believing they were destroyed.
        Rofl! The whole NYC lock down was because of a Zombie invasion... thank god for my Zombie Survival Handbook!

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
          You've got it all wrong, it was the Illuminati, and David Blaine.

Originally posted by MDFubar View Post
          LMAO! It was a very popular, may still be, theory. There are many things that can point in that direction, but they are usually explained away. I watched the last mission for the space shuttle on the link that I had provided, one of the things that I noticed was that there where no visible stars. Now, why would this be? I can see them clearly at night, but not on a picture from a craft in space?
          Ask too many questions and the computers will come after you.............ahh the Matrix!
          take a picture of the night sky when theres a light bulb in your frame, see what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFubar View Post
            one of the things that I noticed was that there where no visible stars. Now, why would this be? I can see them clearly at night, but not on a picture from a craft in space?
            This is a high-def pic of the earth from the moon from here.

Notice something(s) that is missing?

Your eye is a lot more complex than a camera, but even that doesn't fully explain the effect that local light sources can have on pictures of stars. Notice how in a brightly lit city you are lucky to see any stars, but take a trip out to the "boon-docks" where there's nothing but moon/star light and the sky is literally filled with dots?

Comment

It's all about exposure and contrast. The light coming off of the moon and earth is up-to-as-bright-as the sun itself. If you exposed enough to make the stars perceptable, the earth and moon would be washed out blobs.

You don't see stars in the city because of the amount of light spilling upward and being scattered about by atmospheric pollution that casts it back downward. Any star less bright than the mess is not visible.

If you want true darkness, you must travel to Africa, Australia, or the outer ocean. There, you'll see why our galaxy got its name, and you'd probably be suprised by how well you can see at night when you don't have lights to blind you. I read an article about that -- views of the sky in ancient times -- in a world with no night lighting, one can discern shadows cast by the milky way itself. A few weeks back I spotted mine cast by the moonlight and thought that, given circumstances, that was pretty cool.

Comment

Light Pollution
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

"why don't stars appear in space photographs" google search results' first hit:

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...nt-stars-.html

Comment

Buzz punches a guy who accuses him of never going to the moon.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mQKxAqpjroo[/media]

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Anybody remember the film Capricorn One?
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                        If you want true darkness, you must travel to Africa, Australia, or the outer ocean.
                        The turnpike from Kansas City to Wichita at 2am is pretty close, in my book.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

I feel the way Buzz does in that video clip. Anyone who has read the well documented history of Apollo (not to mention NASA's early history) knows this stuff is not made up. Anyone who has stood next to a Saturn V rocket or one of the Apollo capsules knows.

Conspiracy theory is crying wolf on a whole new level.

Think about it - if you subscribe to the theory that 60% of Americans are fools, and only 20% of Americans believe the landings were faked, that's a pretty clear consensus right there.

Comment

Why fake the landings? It's not as if faking the entire space program would be much cheaper or easier than actually having a space program. Is GPS fake too? How about DirectTV? No stars in pics must mean that the NFLHD channel is fake too.

Comment

I do not believe that the landingds, nor anything else we have done in space is fake. I do however believe that there is MORE going on than we are informed of. The news we recieve is only what they decide to release to us.
                              As for the light thing.........I once sat on the beach in Ocean City, MD durning a complete black-out. The sky and stars have got to be one of the most impressive things to see, net to the morning sunrises that I see evey day when heading to work.
                              Truly incredible.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X