Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Rise

I have a question:

What is the ONLY city where the sun rises in the pacific, and sets in the atlantic, other than rising in the atlantic and setting in the pacific, like we all see it?
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Sun Rise

I'd assume Panama City, but I don't know it for fact.

Comment

Hmm, alright. I looked at some other sites and they said the same thing.
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Trick question. The Sun or "Sol" is essentially a large ball of burning gases that's immensely larger then Earth despite its deceptively small appearance in the sky. Were it actually close enough to rise or set in any ocean all the inhabitants of the planet would be incinerated.

Comment

Nah Superman would blow it out.
          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Rises in the Bay of Panama, sets in the Gulf of Mosquitoes.

Which sounds like it'd be in Florida.

Comment

The question is flawed. The only place the pacific and atlantic oceans meet (which would have to happen to make your question viable) is at the americas. In o0rder for your question to be right, the atlantic would have to be in the west and the pacific in the east. Now, the reason that this becomes impossible is because the atlantic and pacific oceans never meet in that aspect. The atlantic only borders on the indian ocean on the east and the pacific boders the same on the west, so they never touch in a manner to make this possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                In order for your question to be right, the atlantic would have to be in the west and the pacific in the east. Now, the reason that this becomes impossible is because the atlantic and pacific oceans never meet in that aspect.
                Except, of course, in Panama, as illustrated by the map posted above...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Be nice, he is a Floridian. Pointing out the obvious will only make him get older and drive worse.

Comment

penenomé, because the gulf of panama (which is part of the pacific ocean) is east of the city, and to the west (northwest kinda) is the mosquitoe gulf (golfo los mosquito something), which is part of the atlantic ocean