It took me over an hour to drive 12 miles on the interstate this morning. Why? Because people are incapable of following some common sense rules when driving. During my journey to work I had time to think about these rules. Here are a few:
- Leave at least 3 car lengths between you and the car in front of you. This includes people merging onto the interstate. Three car lengths will allow for traffic to merge and only require that you slightly reduce your speed for a second or two.
- If you are reading, applying makeup, talking on a cell phone, watching TV or anything else besides paying attention to the road then you are an IDIOT and also part of the traffic problem.
- Owning a German luxury automobile does not entitle you to get in front of everyone.
- Owning a German luxury automobile does not make you better than your fellow commuters.
- You are not as good a driver as you think you are.
- It's not a line for tickets, you don't need to protect your "place" from people cutting in (that's called merging, @sshole).
- You are no better than anyone else and where you're going is no more important than where anyone else is going, deal with it.
- The breakdown lane is just that, a lane for when you break down or have an emergency. Wanting to be in front of other people is NOT an emergency. Wait your F-CKING turn!
- Just because you're too lazy/stupid/inconsiderate to get up in time to make it to work does not mean you get to cut other people off and drive like an @sshole.