Pavlovian Movie Moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlovian Movie Moments

That's right...I'm talking about movies with food scenes that make you drool! Just like Pavlov's dog, there are some specific movie scenes that when I watch them make me salivate. I never really realized it until I watched My Cousin Vinny tonight with my wife. There are some classic food scenes in this movie: Grits at "Breakfast" in the diner, J.T. at the "Chicken and Pool" joint, etc. But there is one scene where Joe Pesci and the lovely Marisa Tomei are eating BBQ at a picnic table. As soon as this scene came on, I found myself heading for the kitchen to combine some leftover chicken breast with Corky's BBQ sauce (I didn't have any pulled pork on hand!).

As I sat back down again I realized how reflexive the whole exercise was and realized the BBQ scene triggered the craving. I know this is not a unique concept. I realize that is why product placement is such an effective advertising technique...but it got me thinking...what other movie scenes got my digestive juices flowing?

Two others immediately jumped to mind:

Back to School (1986)- The scene near the beginning of the movie where Rodney is at his wife's hoity-toity party and he takes a loaf of bread, hollows it out, and stuffs it with a plethora of party food.

Amadeus (1984) - Again a scene near the beginning just before Salieri tries to kill himself Vincent Schiavelli (RIP) is trying to bait him to open the door with "Open the door, Signore! Please! Be good now! We've brought
    you something special. Something you're going to love." where he takes some kind of biscuit or small cake and dips it in come kind of cream.

So, I know I'm not alone...which movie scenes make you hungry and have to get a snack?
    Last edited by loyalguard; 12-12-2007, 07:38 PM. Reason: typos
    LoyalGuard

Re: Pavlovian Movie Moments

I know that in PotC (the first one) the scene with the captain's dinner made me hungry. All that food looked really good...
    "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Silence of the Lambs.
      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Fast Food Nation.
        Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Daxx View Post
          Silence of the Lambs.
          Haha. You're sick.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Oddly.. I had to think about this hard.. but the first one that came to mind was Legend. The part when Lili (Mia Sara) awoke in the Prince of Darkness' lair and he tempts her with the banquet. That table of food was magnificent and quite a variety.. I like variety.
            sigpic

Comment

Actually Supersize Me really did make me want a Big Mac, because that one guy had eaten like 10,000 of them (could be more, I forget excatly how many) and he was in decent shape. Must be some sort of diet food we're not aware of...
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X