Clear All

• Introducing... The Judge!

The Taurus Judge.

I LIKE it!

Specs
    sigpic

Re: Introducing..

"With love and admiration..."

Good god, that thing is literally a "shotgun in your hand". I might eventually get one if I ever end up living outside of Chicago. :D
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Does Taurus have a good reputation?

Is this actually a good gun worth buying?

It looks kewl as hell.

Will this gun look bad in court if you did have to shoot someone?

Comment

Taurus has a real good reputation now.. before.. maybe not-so-much.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
          Does Taurus have a good reputation?
          Once known as a maker of really cheap revolvers, Taurus is now a well respected second tier gun manufacturer.

Is this actually a good gun worth buying?
          Sure, but probably not for self defense. This gun would probably be most at home in the holster of an outdoorsman.

It looks kewl as hell.

Will this gun look bad in court if you did have to shoot someone?
          There are many other guns that would be far, far more effective as a self defense choice.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Once known as a maker of really cheap revolvers, Taurus is now a well respected second tier gun manufacturer.

Sure, but probably not for self defense. This gun would probably be most at home in the holster of an outdoorsman.

There are many other guns that would be far, far more effective as a self defense choice.

I don't understand how it would be good for an outdoorsman. The wide spread of the .410 would be worthless for hunting. the .410 barely works for small game with a smooth bore. And if you want the 45 stoping power (such as for bear) I bet there are better pistols for that.

Maybe snakes but snakes are rarely a problem.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

For business purposes.. I wonder if it would be a good back-up for a LEO?

It must be effective at close range, a rifled 410 at close range.. 5 - 10 feet.. pretty effective I imagine. If your are skeptical.. load 2 410's and 3 .45's. At worst, you’d have the shock the assailant feels from the 410 shells, without the danger on penetrating the wall adjacent to you kids room where they are sleeping, especially with your groggy aim from being awakened from a sound sleep. Or even in a close range carjacking situation.. you don't penetrate the perp (with much velocity) to go through an innocent bystander in the car next to you.

I don't think the 'Judge' is made for engagements over 15 feet.. I think Taurus understands that as well because they have two other models of it with longer barrels.. I'm not saying they would be useful.. but the small revolver form with the 410 focus and shock factor would be highly effective for household intruder defense.

Interestingly, the info about it was brought to my attention by a Marine sniper that collects some really nice firearms.. he's got about 25 weapons right now. About the only thing we both think should be integral to the design that should be included is a touch activated built-in laser sight. Mainly the sight to make it so anyone that knows where the weapons (wife, sig other, yourself, even a properly educated and properly aged son or daughter) is can grab it half asleep, and with an adrenalin rush, pop the safeties - look at the red dot and squeeze the trigger.

Anyway.. I think it is an interesting device of self defense.
              sigpic

Comment

I think I may have just soiled myself. I like it. And yes, Taurus has a great reputation nowadays. They are known for having great "bang" for the buck. They make a great Beretta M9 clone. Reason it's so good is because they bought Beretta's old factories in Brazil, so they obtained all their technology with that purchase. I like them very much. As Cing said, they're a great second-tier manufacturer for sure.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Can you imagine Mrs. Susie Soccermom getting jacked and hauling off with one of those? One minute the kids are listening to Disney radio, the next, they're watching Mom blow a fist sized hole in someone's chest. Hope nobody's in the passenger seat.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    Maybe snakes but snakes are rarely a problem.
                    Actually, snakes were exactly what I first thought of with this. Some .410 snake loads would be awesome. And what are you smoking when you say snakes are rarely a problem???? Having spent almost my entire life, in California, Arizona and now Texas, I can assure you that there is not much on this planet that is scarier than hearing a rattlesnake yelling at you from just a few feet away.

Originally posted by P8triot
                    Interestingly, the info about it was brought to my attention by a Marine sniper that collects some really nice firearms..
                    Was he in Force Recon, too?
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Actually, snakes were exactly what I first thought of with this. Some .410 snake loads would be awesome. And what are you smoking when you say snakes are rarely a problem???? Having spent almost my entire life, in California, Arizona and now Texas, I can assure you that there is not much on this planet that is scarier than hearing a rattlesnake yelling at you from just a few feet away.
                      That is why I brought it up. Seems to be the only practical use. Just as you pointed out for defense purposes, there are much better firearms for general outdoors usage.

But.

Spending most my youth playing in the country along rivers and creeks I have come across many snakes and I have never had a need to kill one. I have killed a number of them but I didn't ever need to. Snakes don't attack people, they defend themselves.

If you hear/see one, back away and all is good. They will not come after you especially if you make yourself know. Stomp as you back away, they will feel the vibrations and go in the opposite direction. The only truly scary moment I had with a snake was when horse back riding and the horse saw a one. The horse went crazy and I was barely able to hold on.

While camping in the mesas of New Mexico in one night we had 3 rattlers go through the camp. One of them probably three feet from my foot. Freaky, yes. Dangerous? I never felt in danger.

Plus if you actually get close enough to a snake to be in danger they will be able to strike WAYYY faster than you can shoot. Almost all snake bites happen when you put your foot or hand someplace that it isn't supposed to be. A gun won't help there.
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Was he in Force Recon, too?
                        I don't know what his division was.. never really talk about it. All his memorabilia, pictures, medals, and stuff is displayed in his gun/game room.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
                          I don't know what his division was.. never really talk about it. All his memorabilia, pictures, medals, and stuff is displayed in his gun/game room.
                          My comment was actually a dig at him. It seems like fully half of the Marine veterans I hear of claim to have been snipers or Recon Marines. I don't really know if your friend is or isn't a sniper, though, obviously... Sorry for the jaded attitude... :icon_cool
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

My comment was actually a dig at him. It seems like fully half of the Marine veterans I hear of claim to have been snipers or Recon Marines. I don't really know if your friend is or isn't a sniper, though, obviously... Sorry for the jaded attitude... :icon_cool
                            HAHA! Yeah, I know some of those those too.

Nahh, he's just a proud retired Marine.
                            sigpic

Comment

thats....scary.

Remember the movie triple x? xXx
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse