Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AREA 51 (the thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AREA 51 (the thread)

    This is a thread devoted to the discussion of all things classified, 'non-existant' and "impossible with current technology." Strictly technological stuff in here guys, I know some of you believe in ghosts but.. well, thats just crazy talk.

    To spark some discussion, I'll show you something all of you probably saw some years ago, only in a much, much, slower frame rate.

    [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SRo6Yx-oPKg[/media]

  • #2
    Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

    I could tell you what that looks like to me, but this time I'm going to trust my better judgment and just leave well enough alone.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

      Originally posted by mentholated View Post
      To spark some discussion, I'll show you something all of you probably saw some years ago, only in a much, much, slower frame rate.
      What is that?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

        Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        What is that?
        That is a 12 mile long tether (its actually not 12 miles long the whole time because it was initially coiled up, but then it unraveled).

        Its attached to a relatively large satellite. They broke off when the cable became electrically charged in the ionosphere and melted from the coupling plate. It was designed to carry electricity, but apparently not that much. Or maybe something else melted it.

        Those things dropping out of space, well, those my friend.. those just don't exist.

        Or do they?

        I cant wait till someone tries to attempt to explain how this can be faked. Quit while you're ahead, no one has yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

          Why is it that anyone who tries to prove something is real, never have any good footage? It's always terrible quality, black and white...ish..prove me with a nice quality HD camcorder.

          Granted, I know nothing of what is even going on in that video, or what year it was taken.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

            Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
            Why is it that anyone who tries to prove something is real, never have any good footage? It's always terrible quality, black and white...ish..prove me with a nice quality HD camcorder.

            Granted, I know nothing of what is even going on in that video, or what year it was taken.
            You don't even know what type of camera was used, or the frame rate, either, quite obviously.

            Infact you don't even seem to realize that it was shot from space shuttle columbia.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

              Well, the guy in the voice over claims it was shot from the Space Shuttle. But what it really resembles most is something you might see while looking through a microscope at a small splinter of wood (or whatever) in water. Try it and tell me whether the you-tube video looks more like a microscope view or outer space.

              Edit: I Know, I know, I said I wouldnt participate in this thread. But I expected you to get at least one person supporting you in being amazed by the video, so you could chat back and forth about what you thought the "tether" looked like and what the dust motes really were. Instead you just got a pack of skeptics, so I decided to join the pack of skeptics.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                you do know theres a few columbias here on earth right?

                i figured this was a bacteria sample found off the coast of columbia
                lTG-6thlMavrok

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                  Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                  Well, the guy in the voice over claims it was shot from the Space Shuttle. But what it really resembles most is something you might see while looking through a microscope at a small splinter of wood (or whatever) in water. Try it and tell me whether the you-tube video looks more like a microscope view or outer space.
                  Microscopic images aren't illuminated with the exact same frequency energy that the sun spits out.

                  (this video is in black and white, obviously, to illustrate the objects, but you can find the original footage on youtube and torrent websites and pretty much anywhere else people share stuff we aren't supposed to see)

                  Go ahead, one more try.

                  This footage is the same as the footage broadcasted to millions of homes in the 90s, when this occured. Thats how so many people found it. Some of them were AV nerds..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                    Originally posted by mentholated View Post
                    Microscopic images aren't illuminated with the exact same frequency energy that the sun spits out.
                    Correct, they're usually illuminated with whatever you used as a lightbulb behind them. Which is exactly what this looks like. A few dark light-blocking objects against a uniformly illuminated background field.

                    As opposed to, you know, space pictures, where the source of illumination is usually pretty obviously the sun, and everything thats not the sun is very dark by comparison. Backgrounds tend to be black rather than white.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                      Originally posted by mentholated View Post
                      Microscopic images aren't illuminated with the exact same frequency energy that the sun spits out.
                      I'm sorry, could you clarify this comment for me? Are you trying to say that a playback of a video recording has a particular frequency of light that can come only from the sun?
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                        To save your effort in trying to debunk this in one post, I suggest you read this thread: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread300143/pg1

                        I'm not sure if linking to other forums is ok so, if not, please remove the link for me and I'll provide links to far more in depth analysis than you're going to find on any forum.

                        http://www.mondovista.com/tether22.html

                        An attempt at reproducing it:

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ1AQtSbn0w
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6oC3Z6MyBc

                        The kicker is at the end of the second video.

                        Here, have a closer look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCHTTrLg6w

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6BtwDmm3c

                        I'm sorry but bacterium can't move that fast, even in a radioactive petri dish.


                        Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        I'm sorry, could you clarify this comment for me? Are you trying to say that a playback of a video recording has a particular frequency of light that can come only from the sun?
                        No, I'm saying that video can be analyzed and objects within the video can be found to be composed of material (energetic or otherwise) that either is self-luminescent or reflects a particular frequency of light emitted by the sun in a very specific way, and by judging the light reflected by that object you can tell a myraid of things, such as the distance, speed, relative direction, and diameter of an object.

                        Get intimate with tether, shes now your wife:

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-wYmFYb3I

                        I think the NEO hypothesis for how the dinosaurs were whiped out just got crapped on.
                        Last edited by mentholated; 12-17-2007, 11:46 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                          Hey meth...

                          (this video is in black and white, obviously, to illustrate the objects, but you can find the original footage on youtube and torrent websites and pretty much anywhere else people share stuff we aren't supposed to see)
                          It's the internet. If the government didnt want YOU to see this video they would break into your home, kill you, kill your family, destroy all evidence of your existence, and leave. You know why the evil government isnt doing this already? Because they dont care that we're watching some video (where none of us really care what's going on) about some "tether" looking like some "ufo."

                          I cant see how this is a secret at all.

                          Looks like rocks. Floating space junk? random crap in orbit? I really dont see how these are UFO's.

                          Have you ever heard of video editing? It's wonderful. First used to make movies, consumers started getting editing software with the birth of modern computers. Now, in the modern age you can edit anything into a video! I'm currently making an awesome Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer for a school project in final cut pro on our iMacs at school. But hold on, I can superimpose any images or footage i want on top of general greivous. I could, for example, put a bunch of moving little dot thingies and call them ufos.

                          How can you analyze a video and determine EXACTLY what is going on.

                          First off, this is a 72DPI crappy avi format video on youtube of said event. Secondly, you cannot determine what frequencies of light are emitting from any object because film/cameras/everything else only capture light within certain spectrums. Furthemore, as an amateur film maker I know for a fact that camera's dont pick up light like they should. A simple strobe light confuses the #$%^ out of many consumer camcorders.

                          Distance: Can be edited
                          Speed: definatly edited
                          Direction: edited
                          Diameter: can be easily edited.
                          Skud


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                            Originally posted by mentholated View Post
                            No, I'm saying that video can be analyzed and objects within the video can be found to be composed of material (energetic or otherwise) that either is self-luminescent or reflects a particular frequency of light emitted by the sun in a very specific way, and by judging the light reflected by that object you can tell a myraid of things, such as the distance, speed, relative direction, and diameter of an object.
                            You watch too much CSI or something...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: AREA 51 (the thread)

                              Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                              Hey meth...



                              It's the internet. If the government didnt want YOU to see this video they would break into your home, kill you, kill your family, destroy all evidence of your existence, and leave. You know why the evil government isnt doing this already? Because they dont care that we're watching some video (where none of us really care what's going on) about some "tether" looking like some "ufo."

                              I cant see how this is a secret at all.

                              Looks like rocks. Floating space junk? random crap in orbit? I really dont see how these are UFO's.

                              Have you ever heard of video editing? It's wonderful. First used to make movies, consumers started getting editing software with the birth of modern computers. Now, in the modern age you can edit anything into a video! I'm currently making an awesome Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer for a school project in final cut pro on our iMacs at school. But hold on, I can superimpose any images or footage i want on top of general greivous. I could, for example, put a bunch of moving little dot thingies and call them ufos.

                              How can you analyze a video and determine EXACTLY what is going on.

                              First off, this is a 72DPI crappy avi format video on youtube of said event. Secondly, you cannot determine what frequencies of light are emitting from any object because film/cameras/everything else only capture light within certain spectrums. Furthemore, as an amateur film maker I know for a fact that camera's dont pick up light like they should. A simple strobe light confuses the #$%^ out of many consumer camcorders.

                              Distance: Can be edited
                              Speed: definatly edited
                              Direction: edited
                              Diameter: can be easily edited.
                              Watch the last link and tell me if you still think those are strobe lights.

                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-wYmFYb3I[/media]

                              And um, as an amatuer, I guess you don't know that if you know the frequency response of an optical device, based on that, you can extrapolate the actual frequencies radiated by the light source.

                              You quite obviously know nothing about the tether.

                              I'm still waiting for someone to actually use some logic in this thread other than me.

                              Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              You watch too much CSI or something...
                              No, I don't. I read a lot though. I do however love stargate atlantis, jericho, and HOUSE, M.D.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X